Goofy DVC

OKW member since 93
The following is from The Verge
"After years of delays, James Cameron's ever-growing series of sequels to 2009's science fiction film Avatar finally have release dates. This morning, the franchise's official Facebook page announced that the first film will arrive in theaters in 2020, with the rest being released between 2021 and 2025.

The first untitled sequel will hit theaters on December 18th, 2020, while the rest will be released on December 17th, 2021, December 20th, 2024, and December 19th, 2025. With the post (appropriately timed for Earth Day), 20th Century Fox also announced that production on the four films is officially underway, with Zoe Saldana, Sam Worthington, Sigourney Weaver, and Stephen Lang returning to reprise their roles."

I'm sure that it is very likely that these dates will be pushed back yet again but what I find very interesting is the December pattern of releases. Disney is establishing December as Star Wars release month. Just can't see them going head to head.

Apparently the only thing that takes longer to build an avatar land is a movie based on it...
...strong IP

And yet ever since they broke ground the land has been mostly on schedule for the year 2017. And everyone thought imagineering was bad with deadlines

And yet ever since they broke ground the land has been mostly on schedule for the year 2017. And everyone thought imagineering was bad with deadlines

Yeah...and entire parks were built in 2-3 years flat...so I guess you can manipulate those "schedules" a tad, huh?

Yeah...and entire parks were built in 2-3 years flat...so I guess you can manipulate those "schedules" a tad, huh?
Come to think of it were the Tokyo parks, the magic kingdom and probably Paris the only ones that were truly ready when they opened? Just thinking back to how fun Disneylands opening day was, epcot still having horizons under construction (maybe that's just phase 2 but to me still unfinished for opening day), DCA being its former version with no kids attractions, Walt Disney studios Paris and Hong Kong offering too little, MGM not realizing how many people it needed, animal kingdom still having Asia under construction as well as beastly kingdom being announced for "later" but was supposed to open on opening day and Shanghai being often delayed and still not ready for the Chinese public to embrace American rules.

I guess I was just joking about deadlines but it wasn't that clear

Come to think of it were the Tokyo parks, the magic kingdom and probably Paris the only ones that were truly ready when they opened? Just thinking back to how fun Disneylands opening day was, epcot still having horizons under construction (maybe that's just phase 2 but to me still unfinished for opening day), DCA being its former version with no kids attractions, Walt Disney studios Paris and Hong Kong offering too little, MGM not realizing how many people it needed, animal kingdom still having Asia under construction as well as beastly kingdom being announced for "later" but was supposed to open on opening day and Shanghai being often delayed and still not ready for the Chinese public to embrace American rules.

I guess I was just joking about deadlines but it wasn't that clear
So you're defending the "announcement" of avatar when they had NOTHING five years too early as a thinly veiled, low rent attempt to stop the Harry Potter bleeding?

That was the right move, huh?
Keep drinking...

The entirely of Epcot was built in 4 years flat...almost what you see today...it was the largest private construction project in history for a long time...

Can do no wrong, huh? Better hope the lights on that boat ride are "really cool"...and not "one and doners"

I don't care about the rest of the whining, but I am disappointed that the next movie is still 3.5 years away. I really love the movie and am looking forward to future installments.

I look forward to the movies, even if I watch them alone, but I suspect that I won't be. Just disappointed at the timeline.
me too although i never saw the first one in a theater ill be sure to see this one in the theater so he at least gained one person

So you're defending the "announcement" of avatar when they had NOTHING five years too early as a thinly veiled, low rent attempt to stop the Harry Potter bleeding?

That was the right move, huh?
Keep drinking...

The entirely of Epcot was built in 4 years flat...almost what you see today...it was the largest private construction project in history for a long time...

Can do no wrong, huh? Better hope the lights on that boat ride are "really cool"...and not "one and doners"
I was teasing you didn't need to go on a rant

I don't think these will get "delayed" again since production is underway. Barring any on set catastrophe to an actor or sets they should be able to follow a schedule now. Before was taking so long because o al the pre-produciton work James Cameron was doing. He consistently said he didn't know when they woudl be ready before. The studio kept puting out tentative release dates though hence the delay before. Cameron is now ready to go and they have started work. Plus with 3 years between 2 adn 3 that gives them plenty of time to get work ont eh alst 2 finished after completeing the first 2.

I still question this. I have nothing against them being made. But with how often they have been pushed back...

Sigourney Weaver is supposed to be in all 3 (I'm not sure what type of role) but she is 67...is she really going to want to star in action movies for much longer?

She probably won't have real big action parts in it though, especaily given how her characters story left off in the first.

I still question this. I have nothing against them being made. But with how often they have been pushed back...

Sigourney Weaver is supposed to be in all 3 (I'm not sure what type of role) but she is 67...is she really going to want to star in action movies for much longer?

If she's 67 now, and she's going to be in all three, by my inaccurate calculations she will be 103 by the time the 5th one is ready to film.

But I'm sure by then there won't even be real actors in films. Just all CGI renderings. Moot point I suppose.

If she's 67 now, and she's going to be in all three, by my inaccurate calculations she will be 103 by the time the 5th one is ready to film.

But I'm sure by then there won't even be real actors in films. Just all CGI renderings. Moot point I suppose.

They are supposedly filming all 3 sequels at the same time, supposedly starting later this year. If this goes to plan, something Cameron is not really known for, she won't be much older at the end of filming for the third movie than the first. Whenever that might actually happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter