Ava's MAW pre-trip report

thomtas said:
Hi Kristy,
My kiddos that live at home full-time are 11, 10, 8, 6, 4, and 2. DH also has another son that we get every other weekend who is 13. We also added 2 dogs and 4 cats, I live in a zoo :rotfl:. I'm so sorry that Ava had to be made homebound and hope that her illnesses get better soon, she is such a beautiful lil girl :). Our Savanna is going to be 9 on May 4th. Maybe they could be pen pals while Ava is at home :goodvibes. We have to deal with behavioral and educational issues with DH's 3 kiddos. Their birth mom used tobacco, meth, marijuana, and alcohol during pregnancies, defiantly presents challenges. I also hope you are feeling well (you've mentioned your a veteran and have had major surgeries). Thank you for your service, one of my lil brothers is in the Army Reserves right now and I admire the strength of service members! Hope you can take the time to take care of yourself (mommas have problems with that!). :hug:

I know Ava would love a penpal. We should definitely do that. Especially one who lives in a zoo too!! Lol. We have the seven kids, 3 dogs, 2 cats, and a bunch of fish. Plus all the random friends that spend the night.
I've been sick since 2001 so I'm used to it. :P. I served in the Army as a Persian Farsi Interrogator.

Kristy

Posted this on the other thread, but we made the decision to pull Ava out of school today. She will be home bound for a while until we can get her illness under control.

Kristy

You mentioned in the other thread about how the school won't include gifted material. I'm (or rather used to be!) an elementary teacher - and concentrated on gifted programming - so if you have any questions, feel free to message me!

JWCJ said:
You mentioned in the other thread about how the school won't include gifted material. I'm (or rather used to be!) an elementary teacher - and concentrated on gifted programming - so if you have any questions, feel free to message me!

Thank you..,I might do that. I have no clue exactly what they've been teaching her or what grade level she's on. The last assessment she had was in 1st grade and she was on a 4th grade reading level. I think the k12 program online has a free assessment for each subject. So, I'll probably do that.
I just need to figure out where they left off on everything. I know she was learning Latin and Spanish. What other kinds of things do they teach?

Kristy

Thank you..,I might do that. I have no clue exactly what they've been teaching her or what grade level she's on. The last assessment she had was in 1st grade and she was on a 4th grade reading level. I think the k12 program online has a free assessment for each subject. So, I'll probably do that.
I just need to figure out where they left off on everything. I know she was learning Latin and Spanish. What other kinds of things do they teach?

Kristy

I can't help with languages (in Canada we usually learn French, and I suck at languages anyway :confused3). Most of the time gifted programming looks at furthering and deepening comprehension. For example, if the class is reading a book, most kids might fill out a worksheet about the chapter just read. A gifted program student would be more likely to discuss what they think might occur next, or write the story from a different point of view, or create a picture of their favourite scene using as many details as possible.
Gifted programming varies hugely, obviously. Once you have things a bit more figured out, I'd be happy to help you figure out some ways to keep her challenged, and see what I can find online.

First day of home schooling. :-)

024639B7-EE7F-4971-80ED-C5B1CBABD4C7-31987-00000FD3EB3659EB_zpseeaf85c7.jpg
[/IMG]

Posted this on wish trippers thread, but I'll update here too...Found out good news today...because Ava's IQ identifies her as "exceptionally gifted", they're sending out a gifted teacher for her. Now I don't have to stress about no doing enough. :-). Other than that...nothing new. We haven't heard anything on our dates, which means we can't really make plans for the rest o our family yet. We haven't figured out how we'll get the money yet anyway. Lol
Kristy

I've got a sick little girl today. Hopefully it doesn't last too long. She goes tomorrow to the orthodontist for her impressions and X-rays to get braces. And Friday its time to head to New Orleans for her rheumy appt. I'm praying he can figure out something else to help ease her pain. We might actually have to start strong pain meds soon. :-(

Kristy

I hope Ava is feeling better :hug: How did the orthodontist appt. go? Praying for the appt. Fri., and that they are able to help with the pain. :hug:

angel's momma said:
I hope Ava is feeling better :hug: How did the orthodontist appt. go? Praying for the appt. Fri., and that they are able to help with the pain. :hug:

Thank you. She had a kidney infection and is feeling better already. :-). They said they're putting her first set of braces on on March 25...the day after her birthday. She's nervous, but excited. A bit of bad news, her Rheumy had a death in the family so he's in Jordan or Israel (not sure where he's from) for a few weeks. So, now her appt is the 27th.

I am sending my best prayers to your lovely, big family. Ava is a beautiful, sweet girl and all of her wishes should come true. If there's anything, anything at all, just PM me. I always find a way with prayer. Tell Ava to stay strong and that my whole ministry will be praying for y'all. :) :grouphug:

ilovedisney1982 said:
I am sending my best prayers to your lovely, big family. Ava is a beautiful, sweet girl and all of her wishes should come true. If there's anything, anything at all, just PM me. I always find a way with prayer. Tell Ava to stay strong and that my whole ministry will be praying for y'all. :) :grouphug:

Thank you so much. I'm not sure her complete wish will get to come true. We just found out my husband is going to have to rebuild the engine of our old passenger van, so unless a miracle happens...paying for the rest of the family is looking like a far fetched dream. The online fundraiser hasn't raised any money, but we are going to try a bake sale. Say a prayer that we can make it happen. As soon as the van broke down Ava started crying because she knew what it meant. :-(

Thank you so much. I'm not sure her complete wish will get to come true. We just found out my husband is going to have to rebuild the engine of our old passenger van, so unless a miracle happens...paying for the rest of the family is looking like a far fetched dream. The online fundraiser hasn't raised any money, but we are going to try a bake sale. Say a prayer that we can make it happen. As soon as the van broke down Ava started crying because she knew what it meant. :-(

I'm so sorry. Definitely, we will be praying. Please tell Ava not to worry, the Lord can make miracles happen! princess:

Sorry about the infection, glad she's feeling better already.

Lots of hugs & prayers :hug:

Has the online fundraiser been publicized? I forgot about a couple of the things they did for Angel - one was silicone bracelets, and we were amazed they raised so much money with them; the other was cans at places like gas stations & banks, and that change added up too.

I hope that she's able to have her true wish. :hug: We do know how that feels.

angel's momma said:
Sorry about the infection, glad she's feeling better already.

Lots of hugs & prayers :hug:

Has the online fundraiser been publicized? I forgot about a couple of the things they did for Angel - one was silicone bracelets, and we were amazed they raised so much money with them; the other was cans at places like gas stations & banks, and that change added up too.

I hope that she's able to have her true wish. :hug: We do know how that feels.

It's my fault it's a bust. I can't share it on my Facebook because my grantors are my friends. I don't want them offended and take the wish away. But, I think we're going to do a jambalaya dinner and a bake sale.

ilovedisney1982 said:
Just wanted to check in and see how you and your family were doing:)

We're doing well...thanks. :-). No news on our trip yet, but I'm still going to believe it will all work out.

Ava is feeling MUCH better today!! Unfortunately, my health issues are acting up. I just hope it resolved on its own. I have a date night with my husband this weekend and don't want it to be in the hospital! Lol

We're doing well...thanks. :-). No news on our trip yet, but I'm still going to believe it will all work out.

Ava is feeling MUCH better today!! Unfortunately, my health issues are acting up. I just hope it resolved on its own. I have a date night with my husband this weekend and don't want it to be in the hospital! Lol

I hope all goes well! I have Bible study tonight and I made it a point to call this morning and put your family on our prayer chain!! I hope all works out! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter