Ava's MAW pre-trip report

Kktraylor

Mouseketeer
We got the email saying Ava qualified for MAW, so I finally get to do a PTR!! Let me introduce the cast of characters.
First and foremost is the wish child Ava. Ava is almost 9 and the most amazing child. She's silly, dramatic, caring, and a certifiable genius. When Ava was 6 she stared getting really sick. Fevers all the time, swollen joints, she lost a lot of her hair. Then out of nowhere her kidneys started failing. The doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong. Prayers worked and her kidneys went from working at less than 20% to 100% in one day. Praise the Lord! Unfortunately, she has remained sick. We finally got a diagnosis of Familial Mediterranean Fever with organ involvement. IT's a rare auto-inflammatory disease that causes inflammation around her joints and organs. She's on medicine to protect her organs, but it doesn't stop the pain. She misses school about 2 days a week right now. :( Here's Ava
a45c8d7f-35d9-4fac-9149-8bd293195c75_zps0b256a1b.jpg

926d9c59-66f2-42e7-9d89-daa1137fd954_zps81a94be0.jpg

Next we have Logan who is almost 9. He's a typical athletic boy. A great kid and the perfect big brother.
17c107b3-4d54-4334-afcd-a4c305036f3b_zpse96d7ba8.jpg

Then we have Zach. Zach is 7 and has a heart of gold. He's autistic, so it's hard to get through to him, but he is something special.
9561e77e-da17-4f22-b38d-98956f5bc879_zps13f4a428.jpg

Next is Ben. He's 6 and the sweetest thing. He's dyslexic, so he struggles a lot, but he never stops trying.
11e963d0-b28e-4ede-af6b-da83b6d85e1b_zps59284b72.jpg

Then we have Nate. He's also 6 and the clown of the family. He's the happiest kid alive.
14a3d4a6-1a9e-445f-abc5-86e43d22e4cc_zpsa60f92ec.jpg

Our other little girl is Kelly. She's 5 and such a diva. She's such a girly girl and tries to do everything her big sister does.
de139b49-2583-489c-8b34-e68760b145be_zpsa863bc6f.jpg

And the baby of the family is Alex. He's 4 and rivals Dennis the Menace! He's such a handful, but so cute when he's doing it...lol.
2eb7e8cb-7978-4e2f-a21d-2bab41711f8f_zps6005da81.jpg

As for us, I'm Kristy. I'm a disabled vet and stay home taking care of the kids. My husband, Ryan, works hard as a mechanic to provide for us. :-)
And here's the crew!
4762d5f5-a01e-41d5-ac44-2f93638050f1_zps56bcb985.jpg

Wow what a big, beautiful family! I'm looking forward to reading about your trip!:surfweb:

What a beautiful family you have! I am so glad Ava is getting her wish! I can't wait to hear what her wish is and hear all about your plans!

Jackie

So sorry Ava has to deal with so much. So happy she's getting a wish.

Your family is beautiful, and I love how you indicated their grades. :)

What a beautiful family you have! I am so glad Ava is getting her wish! I can't wait to hear what her wish is and hear all about your plans!

Jackie

Thank you. :-). I'm excited to hear exactly what her wish is too. I know it will have something to do with Disney and dolphins. That's all she talks about.

Kristy

So sorry Ava has to deal with so much. So happy she's getting a wish.

Your family is beautiful, and I love how you indicated their grades. :)

Thank you. I think they're pretty cute too. :-). I started the grade thing from the beginning and so glad I did. Otherwise I'd never be able to keep up with what grade they were going in when I look back at pictures years from now. Too many kids makes my memories get all mixed up. Lol.

Kristy

Your kids are all so cute!! :thumbsup2 I don't know how you do it with that many boys, just the 2 I have are a lot of work! :rotfl2: So glad that Ava is being granted a wish and can't wait to hear more about what it will be for! ;)

Your kids are all so cute!! :thumbsup2 I don't know how you do it with that many boys, just the 2 I have are a lot of work! :rotfl2: So glad that Ava is being granted a wish and can't wait to hear more about what it will be for! ;)

Thanks....they are a HANDFUL!!! It's hard now, but I know when they're teens I'll be so happy there's only two girls. Lol

Kristy

We heard from Ava's wish granters and they're coming out to meet us next Saturday! We are super excited!! :-)

Kristy

luckylady said:
Beautiful family. Happy Ava is getting a wish trip but so sorry to hear she is in pain.

Thank you. :-). She said getting to go to Disney almost makes being sick worth it. Lol

Kristy

We heard from Ava's wish granters and they're coming out to meet us next Saturday! We are super excited!! :-)

Kristy

Yay! :cheer2:

What you posted on the Wish Trippers thread is really bothering me. :( Do you have contact info for the wish coordinator yet?

angel's momma said:
Yay! :cheer2:

What you posted on the Wish Trippers thread is really bothering me. :( Do you have contact info for the wish coordinator yet?

Yes...I just spoke to her for the first time today. It's bothering me too...we work so hard to make our kids feel like one family and that they're all brothers ad sisters...not steps. It just stinks. Especially since all of the kids have been a part of each others' lives since before the youngest was even one.

angel's momma said:
So she confirmed what the wish granter said? :( I can't imagine how you must be feeling. :hug:

Oh no...I misunderstood. I haven't talked to the wish coordinator yet. The wish granter said she would talk to her, so I figured I'd try to have patience and wait and see what she says.

Oh no...I misunderstood. I haven't talked to the wish coordinator yet. The wish granter said she would talk to her, so I figured I'd try to have patience and wait and see what she says.

I have my fingers crossed that they recognize that you guys are one (beautiful, may I add) family. :grouphug:

JWCJ said:
I have my fingers crossed that they recognize that you guys are one (beautiful, may I add) family. :grouphug:

Thanks. :-). I hope so too. The whole 50/50 custody can be confusing. But, I just don't know who they consider the kids to live with. They live in both places. Hopefully we'll get answers on it soon.
Kristy

I spoke with our wish coordinator. She told me that because they aren't in the home 100% there's no way they can be a part of trip at all. The only way is if we ride separately, stay in an offsite hotel, and they can only go to the parks together. This is just horrible. :-(

:sad1:

I saw your update on the Wish Trippers thread - praying that GKTW is able to get it approved for you. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter