Autograph books

MKB419

Mouseketeer
Hi,
Any suggestions on where to buy autograph books? Should I wait and buy them at the parks? I am not "crafty" so making them is not an option.Do boys enjoy them as much as the girls my kids are DD 4 & DS 3 should I have one for each? Thanks for any suggestions.
MKB

My nephews (6 & 3) loved getting signatures. The older one even scrapbooked his. (my sister and I are scrappers). My ds and dd couldn't have cared less about it. DS wouldn't even go up to the characters.

My sister bought some cute books at her local dollar store. They are hard covered with pictures of Cars and Winnie the Pooh on them. They have spiral bound papers on the inside and a place to hold the pen. I don't think they are specifically for autographs, but they are great for them. Now we'll just see if my kids will actually care about getting the autographs.

I am thinking of buying a Disney book with a lot of the characters in it and then having them sign that- I got this off a site somewhere (don't remember) that way they have a more unique way of keeping the signatures - our books we bought there 2 years ago became doodle pads- got to love kids. And they are so not worth the money. Also bring a large sharpie as the pens at Disney are ridiculous and it is easier for the characters to hold a large sharpie

I read a great tip once on another site. Buy a spiral bound book of 4"x6" index cards and have the characters sign the un-lined sides.

When you get home, you can remove the cards and put them in a photo album, along with the photos of your children and the characters who gave them the autograph.

I agree that sharpies are best for the characters (especially those with big gloves) to use for autographs. We bring a different colored retractable sharpie each trip to color code our autographs. If you are going to use sharpies, you'll need to use an autograph book with thicker pages (like the index cards) so the autographs don't bleed through.

If you do decide to buy the autograph books at the park, be aware that Disney guarantees the pens. If they die on you during your trip, take them to any gift shop that sells them and they'll replace it, no questions asked.

The autograph books at Disney are $12.95 (I think) and there are several different styles. You can find them in just about any gift shop.

I used scrapbooking paper cut into squares. When we got home we were able to put the signature paper right in the scrapbook. It looked crafty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter