Autograph book

Alysa

DIS Veteran
This is from a post I made just after our trip. I recently updated our autograph book for our next trip and I have gotten a lot of requests for it lately so I thought I would repost. Email me and I can send you a pic of the book...

How to make an autograph book - only true Disney nuts need read!

What you will need:
1. A mini photo album (Disney themed is good) with sheets for holding photos
2. A sheaf of white card stock paper
3. A metal ruler, cutting board and exacto knife (or scissors but this takes a lot longer)
4. Hole punch
5. A fat marker for signatures (again, Disney themed is good!) and a box of crayons

Steps:
1. Measure the pages in the photo album and use a document maker on your computer to create the pages - mine were 4x5 and I used quark express.
2. Find a list online of all the characters available to meet in the park - email me and I can send you one if you like.
3. Search for colouring pages of each of the charcters and place one on each page with their name in small below. Email me if you are unable to find anyone and I can email you these as well. This may take some time
4. Be sure to leave enough room beside each character for the character to sign their name. Try to fit two autograph pages to a sheet of paper - you should end up with about 100 plus characters so 60 sheets should do. You may want to leave some blank sheets for other characters you forgot.
5. Cut out sheets and hole punch and place in book - alphabetically is good so you can find each one quickly when you are there. Place a photo page holder between every two pages so you can put pics of your little prince or princess with each character.
6. Attach fat marker with ribbon and Bob's your uncle!
7. Present on way down to Florida to your favourite Disney prince(es) or princess(es) on plane ride with lovely box of new crayons and you may get half an hour of peace from "Are we there yet?" as they colour in their favourite characters.
8. The characters you meet will LOVE this book - it really makes for some wonderful character interaction and wonderful signatures. The two mice from cinderella had a little playful quarrel because Suzy took up all of Perla's room. I wanted my girl to have this for her first trip so that she could watch herself grow with the characters - we should have everyone by the time she is ten! It was a lot of work but worth every moment and so fun! Caution - this might make some disney addicts drive themselves right into the ground in a tizzy of anticipation!
Have fun!

I did something very similar on our trip this past week...but I used Disney stickers (and stamps) and made a page for each character.

My DD would 'find' the page she needed while standing in the line to meet the characters.

And you are SO right - the characters just went bananas :banana: :banana: when they saw themselves 'already' in the books! Their reactions, as well as the special attention they paid my DD, was well worth any 'work' on my part!

Bounce! :Pinkbounc
Just made two more of these books for my nephews and added Chicken Little, Abby Mallard, Abu and the Walrus from Alice in Wonderland. 36 days to go until our next trip!!!!
:goodvibes

I think I'm going to make a personalized autograph book for my dd and her 6th Birthday trip this December. But since we'll also have a new baby then, I think I'd better start now while I have some free time. Thanks for the tips!

Abby Mallard
Alice
Alladin and Abu
Ariel
Aurora
Baloo
Bashful
Beast
Belle
Bert & Penguins
Big Bad Wolf
Blue Fairy
Bo Peep
Brer Bear &
Brer Rabbit
Bullseye
Buzz
Captain Hook pirate:
Chicken Little
Chip
Cinderella
Clopin
Cruella
Daisy
Dale
Doc
Donald Duck :donald:
Dopey
Dumbo :dumbo:
Eeyore :eeyore:
Elastigirl
Esmerelda
Fairy Godmother
Flik
Friar Tuck
Frollo
Frozone
Gaston
Genie
Gepetto
Gideon and Foulfellow
Goofy :goofy:
Govenor Ratcliffe
Green Army Man
Grumpy
Happy
Hercules
Jafar
Jane
Jasmine
Jessie
Jim Hawkins & BEN
Jimminy Cricket
John Smith
Keenai
Kida
King Louie
Koda
Kronk
Kuzko
Lady & the Tramp
Lilo
Little John
Mad Hatter
Maid Marion
Maleficent :maleficen
Mary Poppins
Meeko
Meg
Mickey ::MickeyMo
Mike Wazowski
Milo
Minnie ::MinnieMo
Moliere
Mr. Incredible
Mulan
Mushu
Mr. Smee
Nemo
Pain & Panic Peter Pan
Piglet
Ping
Pinocchio
Philoctetes
Phoebus
Pluto pluto:
Pocahontas
Prince Charming
Prince Charming
Prince Eric
Prince John
Prince Philip
Princess Atta
Quasimodo
Queen Of Hearts
Rabbit
Rafiki
Robin Hood
Scrooge McDuck
Shang
Sheriff of Nottingham
Sleepy
Sneezy
Snow White
Stitch :stitch:
Stromboli
Sully :sulley:
Suzy & Perla
Tarzan
Terk
Three little pigs
Thumper
Tigger :tigger:
Timon
Tinkerbell :tink:
Tweedledum & Tweedledee
Ursula
Vinnie
Walrus
Wendy
White Rabbit
Evil Stepmother & Witch
Winnie the Pooh pooh:
Woody

Thank you for sending pics... They were wonderful!! I think I will use this idea for our autograph books. :) How do you work it when you get to the characters... do you slide their page out or what? Thanks for the tips.

How do you work it when you get to the characters... do you slide their page out or what?

The page they write on is not in a sleeve - just hole punched on card stock - I just use the plastic sleeve for the photos and place them after we get home.

:)

could you please send me a pic also..... i really want to make one of these for my trip in 18 days...... my 9 yr old daughter is really excited but i dont think my 15 yr old daughter will want one.... but not sure..... i asked her and she said ..... do i have to?? maybe she will change her mind.. vickip@ameritech.net thank you so much vicki

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter