Australian prices and itineraries are up

The general sale started early today as the call centre is closing at 6pm ET due to the hurricane.

I tried online from 4-6am then called, I was booked on the 3 night Brisbane - Brisbane and off the phone in 38mins. The CM was really lovely and I hope everyone is kind to them working so close to the storm.

It's the same for Canadians. The DCL website now shows us the price in both US$ and CDN$ but we pay in US. Our $ isn't quite as bad as the AUS but it's still pretty bad right now. We're just used to paying 30% more for our cruises and such I guess 🤷 To the CDN consumer it is what it
I think it’s a loud minority on FB. I’ve seen a few “we can’t go to parks” comments which makes me think it’s a cruising demographic. As the 9-14 hours to a destination with one of 5 different Disney properties is not uncommon.

We tend to get old cruise ships here, cruises are generally cheap holidays and some have a reputation of being floating pubs.

It doesn’t surprise me from Disney but it would from probably any other company, the USD is not used here at all, apart from online shopping from the US!

I think it’s a loud minority on FB. I’ve seen a few “we can’t go to parks” comments which makes me think it’s a cruising demographic. As the 9-14 hours to a destination with one of 5 different Disney properties is not uncommon.

We tend to get old cruise ships here, cruises are generally cheap holidays and some have a reputation of being floating pubs.

It doesn’t surprise me from Disney but it would from probably any other company, the USD is not used here at all, apart from online shopping from the US!
I can certainly understand and empathize with the shock of the US vs AUS $ for sure. Since Canada is, you know, right next door to the US, I guess it's more understandable for us haha With most cruiselines, from what I understand, charging AUS customers IN AUS $, the fact that Disney is coming in and not doing that would definitely leave a sour taste in my mouth too.

Can't get through on phone or on to the website anyone else having problems been trying for over an hour. totally stressed

Can't get through on phone or on to the website anyone else having problems been trying for over an hour. totally stressed
I have been trying for over 3 hours with no luck. Got to the stage of putting the cruise in my cart twice, and then it crashed at checkout both times and emptied the cart. Haven’t been able to get through on the phone either.

Earlier the CM told me the call centre was closing at 6pm ET (8am AEST) because of the hurricane, they are in Florida.

I did get connected in about 20 minutes around 6pm Brisbane time.

I have been trying for over 3 hours with no luck. Got to the stage of putting the cruise in my cart twice, and then it crashed at checkout both times and emptied the cart. Haven’t been able to get through on the phone either.
I had this too so maybe check, and got my credit card details or selected hold three times and it crashed but it booked those rooms including charging me. I can’t get back in to cancel them but will wait

It a very large purchase to make in any foreign currency though, unheard of for something happening in Australia. We have several overseas cruise operators here who charge in AUD.
Greed and nothing more. I am gobsmacked that they are charging in USD. I'm not booking these cruises a) itinerary is ZZZ and b) paying in USD when the company is trying to appeal to the domestic market. Quite frankly Disney, get stuffed. I do hope there are enough complications and feedback that DCL reassess their payment currency if they return.

I've been online nearly 4 hours - could browse with difficulty initially, couldn't get past confirming travel party then got kicked out to the 'waiting room' just got back in but at the 7 dwarfs maintenance page now. So frustrating!
As I'm writing this Elaine from DU just told be she has a hold on verandah and waitlisted on Concierge so currently singing her praises!

I can't even get through to see confirmed price for 2 adults and on child.

I have been in the wait room/ the confirm travel party for over and hour and a half. (on Disney site)

The travel agent site is also not going anywhere.

I finally managed to book online after 4 hours. It started telling me there were no rooms available for 2 people, but if I changed it to 3 people it went through to the cart straight away with the room I wanted. So once I was in the cart I could modify it back to 2 people from the checkout view and then book (though I couldn’t select the room I wanted anymore). But after I booked the random room, I could modify it after to the room I wanted in the first place. So relieved to finally get through after all that.

Ive got some of the OZ cruises on hold through my agent at DU and im trying to pay the deposits now but its saying to come back when business hours are open to submit the payments? Is this just because of the hurricane or do i have to do it during orlando time? Im sure from oz ive always been able to pay previously at any time of day?
Starting to get a bit stressed my holds will drop off now before i can make the payments!
Ive contacted my agent but shes in the hurricanes path so im not expecting her to reply anytime soon.

Ive got some of the OZ cruises on hold through my agent at DU and im trying to pay the deposits now but its saying to come back when business hours are open to submit the payments? Is this just because of the hurricane or do i have to do it during orlando time? Im sure from oz ive always been able to pay previously at any time of day?
Starting to get a bit stressed my holds will drop off now before i can make the payments!
Ive contacted my agent but shes in the hurricanes path so im not expecting her to reply anytime soon.
I believe holds last for 3 days. I've never had an issue paying online with DU at any time, so maybe it's a hurricane thing?

We logged on just before 8am and booking was confirmed just after 9am. We did have one or two glitches but in the end all booked

fingers crossed for those of you trying to book that once everything is safe in Florida and the callcentre and booking system is up and running again, that you get your rooms.
My sister called me at 4.30am NZT to tell me that she's been able to book since 4am and to hurry up and get my butt up so she can confirm her booking (we have done adjoining) as the system wouldn't let her book 2 rooms at the time.
But all done and we have ours booked for 1st Dec 2023!!!! Now I have to wait until June next year to tell my Mini Me she's getting her dream of going on a Disney Cruise as her 10th birthday present. It's also our 20th wedding anniversary so feels extra special.

website claims it wont take bookings due to the hurricane. Why is an online booking system reliant on people working in Florida?

what a disaster of an opening day launch in a new country.

We logged on just before 8am and booking was confirmed just after 9am. We did have one or two glitches but in the end all booked
That was fortunate. I'd been trying since 6am for 2 and a half hours before real life got in the way and I had to leave empty handed 😭

website claims it wont take bookings due to the hurricane. Why is an online booking system reliant on people working in Florida?

what a disaster of an opening day launch in a new country.
I present.... Disney.
At least Aussies get to see the way the company operates in reality 😉

fingers crossed for those of you trying to book that once everything is safe in Florida and the callcentre and booking system is up and running again, that you get your rooms.
My sister called me at 4.30am NZT to tell me that she's been able to book since 4am and to hurry up and get my butt up so she can confirm her booking (we have done adjoining) as the system wouldn't let her book 2 rooms at the time.
But all done and we have ours booked for 1st Dec 2023!!!! Now I have to wait until June next year to tell my Mini Me she's getting her dream of going on a Disney Cruise as her 10th birthday present. It's also our 20th wedding anniversary so feels extra special.

Awesome! We are on the 21 November cruise. I’ve told my 7 year old already which is probably a mistake because she cries with happiness every time she thinks about it which is going to make it a very long 14 month wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter