Australian prices and itineraries are up

@AussieNSW You are not doing anything wrong!

I had the same issue. I was online from 7.40am and could see everything and the 'early access available' notification, but no matter what I tried, I got the error message - nothing available for your party on ALL AUNZ cruises. I ended up calling, and the guy had many issues as well! My phone call was about 50mins in total because the poor guy kept having to put me on hold to speak to IT/Superiors. But we got there in the end. :D Then as soon as I got off the phone call, online started working. It was also just after 9am, so wondering if they set the online time to 9am not 8am?
Glad you got your booking sorted - wow, talk about stressful!

I have been trying for the last hour since 8am to book an Australian cruise. I am a gold castaway member so it was supposed to open today. I get so far and then it tells me there is no available rooms for 2 adults and 2 children. Apparently according to the web page we have no availability on any cruise.
This is so frustrating maybe I am doing something wrong but I have booked cruises with them online before.
Just a heads up for others trying to book today or tomorrow Disney IT is know for being troublesome.
Just an update the web site still doesn’t work for me using my phone or computer it says no availability on for my party size on any cruise.
Luckily I also put in a request with dreams unlimited and got an email at about 9:50 am to say they were holding a cabin for me. Deposit has now been paid. So we are booked.

Just an update the web site still doesn’t work for me using my phone or computer it says no availability on for my party size on any cruise.
Luckily I also put in a request with dreams unlimited and got an email at about 9:50 am to say they were holding a cabin for me. Deposit has now been paid. So we are booked.
That is good to hear that you are now booked via Dreams Unlimited. I put a request through Dreams Unlimited also, so fingers crossed for me for tomorrow.

Good job! And congrats Dreams Unlimited were able to help. Today has been a day of Plan Bs!

My Dreams agent will be doing mine tomorrow too, I’m going to be very impatient waiting for the email from her even though I know she will be all over it and I shouldn’t worry!

I have a TA, not Dreams as I couldn't contact them. I got a message this morning saying she is on vacation but working remotely. She said I'm top of her list but I am still nervous.
I wish I could do it myself but I'll be at work and I do like the OBC.
I really hope I can get something for the Feb 12. It's the only one I can do.
I really don't want to be waiting until the free for all when its open to General Booking!!

I have a TA, not Dreams as I couldn't contact them. I got a message this morning saying she is on vacation but working remotely. She said I'm top of her list but I am still nervous.
I wish I could do it myself but I'll be at work and I do like the OBC.
I really hope I can get something for the Feb 12. It's the only one I can do.
I really don't want to be waiting until the free for all when its open to General Booking!!
Yeah, my main fear is getting stuck with the free for all of general booking. Given all the ads I’ve seen here and the sheer number of people I’ve heard talking about planning to book, I think Thursday will be madness and I really want to already have my booking secured.

At least your TA said she’s going to be booking for you even though she’s on vacation. I can’t imagine someone would reply with that and then just not book you.

Yeah, my main fear is getting stuck with the free for all of general booking. Given all the ads I’ve seen here and the sheer number of people I’ve heard talking about planning to book, I think Thursday will be madness and I really want to already have my booking secured.

At least your TA said she’s going to be booking for you even though she’s on vacation. I can’t imagine someone would reply with that and then just not book you.
Yes, I just heard from her actually. She has the go ahead to book my room and I've already given her my CC details so we are good to go. She will do her best, I decided to go for a Deck 2 Oceanview instead of the Inside - it was only $300 more and the kids will like the window even if we aren't in the room much. If the wonder had the magic portholes I'd be more inclined to do Inside cabins.

I'm very impressed with her, she has been super busy and can take a day or two to reply, but always does.

There was plenty of availability on the Feb. 12 cruise when I checked last night. I think you'll be OK.

@AussieNSW I am having the same issue that you experienced yesterday, states no availability for my party size. So fingers crossed I get it sorted or Dreams Unlimited come through in the meantime.

Actually, just after I advised that I had booked, I went back in to the check the reservation and saw that there was another booking under my account. Then 5mins later the TA from Dreams Unlimited contacted me, as these were the ones she did on my behalf. So I have now paid my deposit through DU. Thankfully, I had just done a placeholder, so have since cancelled the bookings I made direct through Disney. May as well get the on board credit from DU.
@wendlle maybe log in and check under "Already Booked"

Yes, I just heard from her actually. She has the go ahead to book my room and I've already given her my CC details so we are good to go. She will do her best, I decided to go for a Deck 2 Oceanview instead of the Inside - it was only $300 more and the kids will like the window even if we aren't in the room much. If the wonder had the magic portholes I'd be more inclined to do Inside cabins.

I'm very impressed with her, she has been super busy and can take a day or two to reply, but always does.
We've booked Deck 2 Oceanview for quite a few cruises. You get the benefit of seeing the sites (even if it is just to look out in the morning to see if you've docked) and the pricing is better (more money for more cruises). We've actually been lucky enough to book the same cabin (or the one next door) for a couple of cruises. It makes finding your way around the ship SO much easier if you always pick the same area! And it is generally quiet as there isn't any public areas on Deck 2 so only the people going to/from their rooms are walking the halls.

I hope your TA was able to get your cabin!

So is Disney charging the Aussies prices in American money and not their money? Is that wrong or the industry standard?

So is Disney charging the Aussies prices in American money and not their money? Is that wrong or the industry standard?
Yes, they're charging USD for the Australian cruises. I'm not sure if it's "right" or "wrong". It's just one way to sell products to a global audience.

Actually, just after I advised that I had booked, I went back in to the check the reservation and saw that there was another booking under my account. Then 5mins later the TA from Dreams Unlimited contacted me, as these were the ones she did on my behalf. So I have now paid my deposit through DU. Thankfully, I had just done a placeholder, so have since cancelled the bookings I made direct through Disney. May as well get the on board credit from DU.
@wendlle maybe log in and check under "Already Booked"
No, there isn't anything there :( and I haven't head from her at all today!! I'll wait until I finish work in 4 hours and if nothing I'll book myself and at least can then cancel it for a refund if she doesn't come thru for me.
They are charging in US $ and no it's not the industry standard and it is extremely annoying as the dollar is so volotile it is going to cost us a lot more than advertised unless you have the money to pay it off now.

No, there isn't anything there :( and I haven't head from her at all today!! I'll wait until I finish work in 4 hours and if nothing I'll book myself and at least can then cancel it for a refund if she doesn't come thru for me.

They are charging in US $ and no it's not the industry standard and it is extremely annoying as the dollar is so volotile it is going to cost us a lot more than advertised unless you have the money to pay it off now.
I hope you hear something soon!

I‘m now booked for deck 7 Oceanview on the 4-night Auckland cruise. So unbelievably excited! Our only other cruise we had an inside, I’m excited to have an Oceanview this time to see what it’s like

Does Disney sell European cruises in Euros or UK cruises in Pounds Sterling? When I visit their website, the prices are always in US Dollars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter