Australian prices and itineraries are up

I hope you hear something soon!

I‘m now booked for deck 7 Oceanview on the 4-night Auckland cruise. So unbelievably excited! Our only other cruise we had an inside, I’m excited to have an Oceanview this time to see what it’s like
Still nothing 😢
If I do book there is no issue in cancelling after my TA does it is there??

Still nothing 😢
I'm wondering this for when my booking window opens tomorrow...I have my travel agent booking on my behalf but not sure whether to play it safe and book something myself too if I can get through quicker? Are you still able to do a courtesy hold through the DCL website rather than paying the deposit straight away? That might work while waiting to hear from your TA...

I'm wondering this for when my booking window opens tomorrow...I have my travel agent booking on my behalf but not sure whether to play it safe and book something myself too if I can get through quicker? Are you still able to do a courtesy hold through the DCL website rather than paying the deposit straight away? That might work while waiting to hear from your TA...
How do I do that??

How do I do that??
I think you go ahead and do your booking through the website as usual...when you get to the final page where you would fill in your card information to pay there will be a check box that you can tick that says something like 'hold this reservation'. You then have your price/cabin locked in for something like 48 hours - if you want to keep the booking you have to pay the deposit before it expires. It is a long time since I have done this though so someone who has done it more recently might jump on and explain better!!

Still nothing 😢
I don’t know, sorry. It sounds like others have done it, but I’m not sure if it has the potential to cause a problem. How frustrating that you haven’t heard from your TA!

If it was me i would probably go ahead and book and just give up the onboard credit if it means your TA can’t book for you, At least that way you get the stateroom you want and don’t risk the price increasing if a huge number of people book first thing in the morning.

Does Disney sell European cruises in Euros or UK cruises in Pounds Sterling? When I visit their website, the prices are always in US Dollars.
Your browser detects where you are. There’s link on the top to show £ or €

so, I heard from her, but when I replied a few hours ago I still haven't heard anything.
she gave me a reservation number but the deposit isn't paid and it's not in my bookings, so I assume it is on hold.

I have gone ahead and made another booking on hold for myself until I hear from her because the stress of this is really getting to me!

Yes, they're charging USD for the Australian cruises. I'm not sure if it's "right" or "wrong". It's just one way to sell products to a global audience.
Wow australians wont accept that if the usd strengthens after purchase.

the US$ will certainly keep going up, and we will be paying more. I don't think there is much we can do about it.
On a good note, my TA did come thru. I was looking in the wrong spot on the DCL website! So she did have a booking there for me, it was just a hold. Now she has confirmed will pay the deposit. YAY!

How are they going to not "accept that"? Short of cancelling their reservation, there is nothing that they can do. They agreed to paying in USD (at whatever the exchange rate is at time of purchase) when they made the reservation.

How are they going to not "accept that"? Short of cancelling their reservation, there is nothing that they can do. They agreed to paying in USD (at whatever the exchange rate is at time of purchase) when they made the reservation.
It's probably more they don't understand it, or so it seems going by the comments on the fb groups.

If we’re all judged by Facebook comments of our countrymen there’s no hope for anyone.

As as Australian I can assure you most understand the USD and AUD move separately. Having been on many overseas trips you win and loose for when you pay something off.

It a very large purchase to make in any foreign currency though, unheard of for something happening in Australia. We have several overseas cruise operators here who charge in AUD.

Last edited:
If we’re all judged by Facebook comments of our countrymen there’s no hope for anyone.

As as Australian I can assure you most understand the USD and AUD move separately. Having been on many overseas trips you win and loose for when you pay something off.

It a very large purchase to make in any foreign currency though, unheard of for something happening in Australia. We have several overseas cruise operators here who charge in AUD.
I agree with @Flea
I’ve been reading in a lot of my groups so many don’t understand the conversions etc
Many have never been overseas which is why they are booking the cruise

They also had no idea about paying the tips

Complain and then Cancel their reservation.

Your browser detects where you are. There’s link on the top to show £ or €
Of course, you can change the displayed currency. I was asking whether the cruises were priced in Euros/Pounds or if they're priced in US$ and simply converted to local currency, as is being done for the Australian cruises.

Of course, you can change the displayed currency. I was asking whether the cruises were priced in Euros/Pounds or if they're priced in US$ and simply converted to local currency, as is being done for the Australian cruises.
No we can pay in Euros or pounds

No we can pay in Euros or pounds
Yes, but is the *price* in Euros? Or is the price in USD and the amount of Euros that you owe fluctuates, like what's happening with the AUS cruises? In other words, if you make a reservation for 3,000 EUR, does it stay 3,000 EUR no matter what? Or does it change? I genuinely don't know the answer here because I book from the US, so I always pay in USD anyway.

Yes, but is the *price* in Euros? Or is the price in USD and the amount of Euros that you owe fluctuates, like what's happening with the AUS cruises? In other words, if you make a reservation for 3,000 EUR, does it stay 3,000 EUR no matter what? Or does it change? I genuinely don't know the answer here because I book from the US, so I always pay in USD anyway.
Its priced in € or £. So whatever the price is when you book, that’s what you pay. It’s on your invoice in either £ or € (whatever you choose) but the amount doesn’t change between deposit and final payment. It’s a contract so the amount stays the same.

I’ve seen the screenshots of the australian site where it shows US$ and Au$ and it’s not like that.

Now if I were to choose to pay in US$ The amount in $ stays the same, but due to the exchange rate it could get more or less expensive between booking and final payment.

And I guess Australians can’t choose as they are quoted in US$

Last edited:
Its priced in € or £. So whatever the price is when you book, that’s what you pay. It’s on your invoice in either £ or € (whatever you choose) but the amount doesn’t change between deposit and final payment. It’s a contract so the amount stays the same.

I’ve seen the screenshots of the australian site where it shows US$ and Au$ and it’s not like that.

Now if I were to choose to pay in US$ The amount in $ stays the same, but due to the exchange rate it could get more or less expensive between booking and final payment.

And I guess Australians can’t choose as they are quoted in US$
Thanks! That answers my question!

It's the same for Canadians. The DCL website now shows us the price in both US$ and CDN$ but we pay in US. Our $ isn't quite as bad as the AUS but it's still pretty bad right now. We're just used to paying 30% more for our cruises and such I guess 🤷 To the CDN consumer it is what it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter