Aulani Villas & Views -- REVISED 07/22/2017

Thanks to all the great advice on this board, we were able to have a partial ocean view when we booked a one bedroom Island/Garden view. We ended up in 1571 which overlooked the Starlit Hui lawn. Which was great because we were able to watch the Starlit Hui from our balcony.

Here's the partial ocean view at sunrise :goodvibes

Here's the murphy bed and what it looks like for a 6 ft tall teenager. Lucky for him I didn't make him sleep there.

Here's my artsy photo with Mickey cookie and cup.

We were in 1077,1079...I thought it was an AWESOME VIEW as well!:dance3:
Hope that you LOVED Aulani as much as we did!:thumbsup2:beach:

We ended up in 1571 which overlooked the Starlit Hui lawn. Which was great because we were able to watch the Starlit Hui from our balcony.

Thanks, TreesyB! I think many people who book an Island View villa hope they will be as lucky as you. Many of the Island View villas in the Ewa Building Phase 3 Long Wing have very good views of the ocean.

We are going to be heading to Aulani September 10th and approaching our 7mth window. We are trying to score the 2BR Lock-off Island View with the secret Ocean view! I have read all the posts..looking to be refreshed of the room numbers...please help :)

I tried to find this in the first few posts with the great maps- but are there "poolside-gardens" rooms that do not face the pool? I don't need to see the pool (well, that would be nice, but not necessary. I did request floors 4 or 5), but do I need to worry I might get a "garden" view that faces the Marriott/4 Seasons construction?

I tried to find this in the first few posts with the great maps- but are there "poolside-gardens" rooms that do not face the pool? I don't need to see the pool (well, that would be nice, but not necessary. I did request floors 4 or 5), but do I need to worry I might get a "garden" view that faces the Marriott/4 Seasons construction?

All of the villas in the Pool/Garden View category face Waikolohe Valley, which is the home of Aulani's main pool and lazy river. There are no villas in the Pool/Garden View category that face the Four Seasons, the Wailing adult pool, or the lawn upon which the Starlit Hui is performed.

I believe Aulani uses the official designation "Pool/Garden" because some villas, especially those on the first floor, have some of their pool views partially obscured by landscaping. For example, take a look out the view from villa #170/172, which is on the first floor.

When did you book the room (how far in advance)? Did you arrive before/after Christmas; did you depart before/after New Year's?

Sorry for the delay in responding. We booked right at the 11 month window for our stay of Dec 23/14-Jan 2/15.

What is the best way to make a room request? I just did online check in for our trip starting Feb. 4 and there was a place to make a room request but when I clicked on it the only request you could make was for a ground floor room which I don't want. It said you could make up to two requests and then it only had that one option.

We booked this trip to celebrate our 40th anniversary (ok, our anniversary isn't until July but we figured why wait till July if we could go in February and get away from this brutal Michigan weather). I booked an island view studio for 8 nights and would love to have a room on a higher floor overlooking the Halawai Lawn with a partial view of the ocean.

So, how would I request this?? Thanks!

What is the best way to make a room request? I just did online check in for our trip starting Feb. 4 and there was a place to make a room request but when I clicked on it the only request you could make was for a ground floor room which I don't want. It said you could make up to two requests and then it only had that one option. We booked this trip to celebrate our 40th anniversary (ok, our anniversary isn't until July but we figured why wait till July if we could go in February and get away from this brutal Michigan weather). I booked an island view studio for 8 nights and would love to have a room on a higher floor overlooking the Halawai Lawn with a partial view of the ocean. So, how would I request this?? Thanks!

I just call MS to do this. Remember, though, requests are just that and there are no guarantees of your preferred location. That being said, we do find it works about half the time.

Best of luck!

We are going to be heading to Aulani September 10th and approaching our 7mth window. We are trying to score the 2BR Lock-off Island View with the secret Ocean view! I have read all the posts..looking to be refreshed of the room numbers...please help :)

Hope that this helps..:)BEAUTIFUL:thumbsup2 view of ocean and wedding chapel from our May '14 trip.. Island View, Long Wing of Ewa Tower 1077,1079 2 BR Lock off!

I would also suggest mentioning your 40th wedding anniversary when you call. They will more than likely try to give you your request because of the specialness of the occasion, just do not expect it as they are not guaranteed

I know there are already photos from room 569, but I thought people may still find these interesting. While we were there, there was some sort of conference and people were eating breakfast right outside our room two mornings. There was also a young girl's birthday party out there one day. It didn't bother us, but it was a little weird to be out drinking my coffee while there was a group. The fountains outside the rooms helped cover the noise. IMG_4893.JPG IMG_4894.jpg IMG_4895.jpg

I know there are already photos from room 569, but I thought people may still find these interesting. While we were there, there was some sort of conference and people were eating breakfast right outside our room two mornings. There was also a young girl's birthday party out there one day. It didn't bother us, but it was a little weird to be out drinking my coffee while there was a group. The fountains outside the rooms helped cover the noise.
You're right! People always find photos interesting. Thanks for sharing, pamelaj!

hi everyone...is the ewa side still where u can view the starlit hui from your balcony? thanks!

hi everyone...is the ewa side still where u can view the starlit hui from your balcony? thanks!
Yes, you are right. The odd-numbered villas in the Ewa Building Long Wing and the even-numbered villas in the Ewa Building Short Wing overlook the lawn upon which the Starlit Hui is performed.

Yes, you are right. The odd-numbered villas in the Ewa Building Long Wing and the even-numbered villas in the Ewa Building Short Wing overlook the lawn upon which the Starlit Hui is performed.

thank u so much!

ok...so in researching the rooms further i found these exact room #'s to be dedicated oceanview 2-bedrooms overlooking the starlit hui lawn:
660 thru 1660
1087 thru 1487

would that be correct? also, in searching for pictures of these rooms i came across only one room listed on the first page...room #1060 but the photos were removed by the poster :-(

also, for those of u who stayed in rooms overlooking the starlit hui exactly how many times did u actually watch it from your room/balcony & was the view good? thanks everyone!!!

ok...so in researching the rooms further i found these exact room #'s to be dedicated oceanview 2-bedrooms overlooking the starlit hui lawn:
660 thru 1660
1087 thru 1487

would that be correct? also, in searching for pictures of these rooms i came across only one room listed on the first page...room #1060 but the photos were removed by the poster :-(

also, for those of u who stayed in rooms overlooking the starlit hui exactly how many times did u actually watch it from your room/balcony & was the view good? thanks everyone!!!

Yes, those are the villas that you would want if you want to overlook the Starlit Hui.

Sorry that we don't have more photos to share with you. Over time, we've lost links to several photos as people move their photos, terminate their accounts with Photobucket, etc. That is why I always encourage people to post photos of their room even if the thread already has some.

I know there are a few photos that people have posted of their views of the Starlit Hui, although they are not from dedicated two-bedroom villas. You can look for any villas from the Ewa Building Long Wing (odd numbers xx71-xx87) or Ewa Building Short Wing (even numbers xx60-xx68).

Thanks so much for this thread, very valuable info!!

A few questions...

Aulani has 459 DVC Vacation Homes and 8 Hotel Rooms. The DVC Vacation Homes include 20 three-bedroom Grand Villas, 1 dedicated studio, and 438 two-bedroom villas, of which 246 can be configured as 'lock off' 'villas, meaning they can be booked as two-bedroom villas, studios, or one-bedroom villas.

The following chart shows the number and type of villas in each phase by view category.

AulaniUnitsrev72014_zpsac77bcca.jpg
Are there really 245 or 246 lockoffs? I assume the chart is correct at 245?

About the same as the Ulu Cafe transformation on the Waianae side of Aulani, Disney Vacation Development made a renovation on the Ewa side of the resort. It modified a two-bedroom lock-off villa, removing the one-bedroom portion and keeping the studio portion as a stand-alone dedicated villa.
Which 1BR was removed? (and which is the Dedicated Studio?) Your view pictures in Post 1 still show 18 Standard View 1BRs.

Thanks so much for this thread, very valuable info!!

A few questions...

Are there really 245 or 246 lockoffs? I assume the chart is correct at 245?

Which 1BR was removed? (and which is the Dedicated Studio?) Your view pictures in Post 1 still show 18 Standard View 1BRs.
Sorry for confusion. The correct number of Aulani lockoffs is 245. Also, the modified lock villa that was reduced to a stand-alone dedicated studio is an Island View studio, not a Standard View as shown in the chart in Post #1.

The one-bedroom villa that was removed from the Aulani condo association was Villa #171, which is one the first floor in the Ewa Building Phase 3 Long Wing. The stand-alone dedicated studio is Villa #173.

I have corrected the chart in Post #1. Thanks for pointing out the error.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!