Aulani Owners Thread - ALOHA!

stopher1

DIS Veteran
aulani-owner-beach.jpg
E komo mai!

That's "Welcome Home" in Hawaiian - so welcome to the AULANI OWNERS THREAD! - Aloha!
I could not find an established thread like this, just a bunch of different random threads about Aulani - points, opening dates, etc - so I figured I would take the plunge and start one. Here we can chat and discuss about our new island "home" - slated to open August 29, 2011. I'm pretty excited about it, even though my family won't be able to stay there until the summer of 2012 at the earliest, but that's okay... there will be years of memories to be made with hopefully lots of great trips to our little piece of Disney on the island of Oahu.

Since the resort isn't open yet, there simply aren't a lot of photos yet, but there are some good stories to be found out on the internet in other websites that follow Disney to give us updates on the construction progress, as well as some members on the ground in Hawaii who have posted tidbits here and there. We do also have concept art renderings and a view of the model. Then when it opens and our first members actually stay there - hopefully they will start posting real pics for us all to enjoy, along with reviews, updated information about the restaurants, entertainment offerings and of course the neighboring community. EDITED: NOW that it IS open - I'm looking forward to seeing lots of pictures and TR info as members and their guests start to enjoy this beautiful resort! Can't wait to stay there myself in 2012 or 13.

We know that there will be 460 villas, including 21 Grand Villas. On the other side of the resort will be 359 hotel rooms. There will be the wedding pavilion, the spa, fitness center, Aunty's Beach House children's play/care facility, as well as a couple of restaurants, room service, and the snorkeling lagoon. And of course O'ahu itself has a plethora of things to see and do. Looking back through past issues, I see that Aulani has been a featured highlight in at least three issues of Disney Files. Looking at Disney's official Aulani website, it seems to indicate that there will be concierge on staff to help in planning for events and excursions as well.

Here's some concept art, copyright Disney of course

Aulani3.jpg
Aulani2.jpg

a view of the model (that was on display at D23 last year and is, I believe, currently on display at Doorway to Dreams in Schaumburg, IL), the first view is of the resort from the ocean side

AulaniModel-2.jpg

and then from the opposite side, showing the front, including the porte cachere and the conference center

AulaniModel2.jpg

and then also a closer view focusing specifically on the pool / water play area, with the volacanic caldera in the center with slides coming out from within. It looks awesome, and we can't wait to enjoy it.

Aulanipoolmodel.jpg

Here are a few photos of the model room from the local sales center

Aulani5.jpg
Aulani4.jpg
Aulani6jpg.jpg

All in all we have an exciting new resort on the horizon. It'll be fun to stay there, but at the same time, it will be fun to hear your thoughts, experiences and plans for the future at Aulani.

Aloha!

AulaniLogo.gif

Here are a couple of new images. One is an overall map of the resort

AulaniResortMap.jpg

And the other information about driving to the resort from the airport

MaptoAulaniFromAirport.jpg

Thanks, stopher1, for starting this thread! Although we aren't Aulani owners, we definitely want to visit in 2012.

Here is a link to some Aulani information I have posted on DVCNews about the Aulani room locations and views: http://dvcnews.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6530. It might be of some help when Members make room requests.

Also, here is another link to a thread that explains how Aulani owners can access their deed at the Hawaii Bureau of Conveyances website: http://dvcnews.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6874.

Thanks for the new thread and links. Looking forward to visiting our new home in May 2012. :)

KoOlina.jpg

Here's a photo my DH took as we flew over the area back in 2007. Aulani will be at the green space at the top lagoon. We fell in love with the resort area and are happy to be owners at Aulani looking to make our first visit in October 2012 for our anniversary.

KoOlina.jpg

Here's a photo my DH took as we flew over the area back in 2007. Aulani will be at the green space at the top lagoon. We fell in love with the resort area and are happy to be owners at Aulani looking to make our first visit in October 2012 for our anniversary.

Thanks for the picture! It's great.

I've tried to see aerial shots with construction, but each time I've tried to see it on Google Earth I just get this kind of pre-construction image... but it is still nice to be able to see it even without construction. I can't wait to be able to see it all in person...

Thanks for starting this thread. I am not an owner at Aulani but plan to stay there in November of 2011 if I can get in at the 7 month window. I own at the Marriott Beach Club on Lagoon 3 and have been going to Ko Olina for years. It is an awesome place! Disney knows how to pick the best locations! The pictures look fantastic.:cheer2:

Thank you so much for the awesome pictures going there in july and will be checking out the new resort hope to be able to stay there in the future
your pictures look great and very exciting

We have plenty of points already to meet our needs and so don't plan to buy at Aulani. But I'm still subscribing to this thread because we are hoping to visit in December 2011 - before Christmas. We have back-up plans in case we aren't able to secure a ressie at 7 months but we're hopeful just the same! :cool1:

Happy to say we are owners here!!!!!pixiedust: planning first trip home in July 2012 once I am done with my masters program.

Great thread!

I was planning on going December of next year but decided to do another ABD instead. Now I will probably stay at Aulani in 2012.

Man, I just looked more closely at the building plans for Aulani and Phase 1 seems tiny! I am preparing myself for the very real possibility of not getting a reservation at 7 months. Luckily we are looking at before Christmas rather than after but that is a popular DVC time so I don't know . . .

I need to do some more research on back up places to stay because I'm sure I'll be booking airfare before the 7 month window opens!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!