August Sailings now Double Dips

I enjoy Castaway Cay, but I'm not one to stay on the beach for very long, and in the past, I haven't been impressed by the lunch offerings. Will Fillmore's Favorites be open while the ship is at Castaway Cay?

I just looked and they were, but summer cruises are always high. I need that protocol released before I book anything. Hopefully soon now.

I did book. August 30th 4 night DD. Trying to sort out all the new procedures. I think I booked the only GTY on the ship. There was tons of availability, but I’m addicted to 5E and that’s what I booked. has anyone gotten their cabin assignment yet that booked GTY. I’m guessing it will get assigned after I checkin. Usually GTY is 60 days prior, while gty/restricted is 10 days prior. But that was then and this is now. Probably get a corner HA room, not my favorite, but still the area I wanted.

How will this work with “pool reservation” requirements? Spontaneous pool time seems like a thing of the past (for now).
In the past, you could still have lunch on the pool deck or in Cabanas on Castaway day. Who knows what will happen now. We also aren’t big beach people, so we enjoyed coming back and enjoying the pools and slides while others were still on the island.

I was tempted also but with the current climate and don't know the protocols and the heat Im waiting until last couple of months of the year. Prices will be high then also but hopefully i know better
what is going on. If I lived really close I would really be tempted. :)

No doubt sounds like fun and wish everyone a great trip! I bet it is a relief to be sailing again.
We changed from August to January. The prices drop and it seems to be the cheapest time of year. The only thing is that the water is cold then. It takes a bit of getting used to.

I’m premature with this but we sail November and it’s a double dip already plus Nassau. I wonder if it will become a triple dip
We are scheduled for that cruise, but I can see them just turning it into another sea day.

Edit: I moved my other comments to another thread about decision to go or cancel.

I enjoy Castaway Cay, but I'm not one to stay on the beach for very long, and in the past, I haven't been impressed by the lunch offerings. Will Fillmore's Favorites be open while the ship is at Castaway Cay?
On our most recent cruise Fillmore's Favorites was open from 10:30-6pm on Castaway Cay Day. Luigi's pizza and Towmater's grill were also open at that time. Cabana's opened at noon and the island bar b que started at 11:30

3 and 4 Nights on the dream have now changed from Nassau and Castaway to double dips at Castaway.

I will not complain if February does that! (I know very unlikely since you've got all 4 there - but I'll take another sea day over Nassau if need be.)

I am trying to search for the rationale, why did these become double dips, and is it possible this will continue beyond Aug (Nassau becoming CC days)?

I am trying to search for the rationale, why did these become double dips, and is it possible this will continue beyond Aug (Nassau becoming CC days)?
Cruise lines individually negotiate health protocols with foreign ports, such as Nassau. The assumption here is that Disney and the Bahamanian government either did not yet fully come to an agreement on health protocols, or Disney was not yet ready to make final decisions about how they would allow port excursions (anyone free to roam, or un-vaccinated must stay in a DCL bubble and only do approved excursions)

I would say anything is still possible with future sailings. They are probably waiting for the first sailing on the Dream to complete before making any more decisions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter