August Exercise Challenge...Everyone Welcome!

Thanks for hosting!! Sign me up for 1200 minutes. Now I guess I better put my shoes on and get out there!

Today's exercise - 163 minutes

With my wife:
Warmup walk - 5 minutes
Ran 6 miles - 82 minutes
Cooldown walk - 10 minutes

By myself:
Warmup walk - 5 minutes
Ran 5 miles - 51 minutes

August tally - 334/3000

65 min run this morning. I was really nervous about that! Last time I did 5+ miles I ended up injured. (My stupid psyche is forgetting the tons of other runs of 5 or more miles that I did not get hurt on previously). So psychologically today was a big accomplishment for me! Now I'm trying to do all the "right" things post run and am torturing myself w a faux ice bath (moving the ice pack slowly up each section of my legs). Might even go to the mall later in my compression socks. Lol!! (JK)

Hope everyone is having a fun active Saturday!

115/800

150/1250 total since the first of August. Gym, walking, arm and leg exercises.

Thanks for hosting again!

65 minutes on the elliptical this morning
172/1600

Got out some old DVD's that I loved!! So did 20 min Turbo Jam cardio & 20 min Ab Jam core. Had a great time too!! :cool1:

75/800

Annnd we're off! :moped: I've got the first post updated through post 52.

If you do not see your name or if there is a mistake please let me know! On my spreadsheet I tried to mark those repeats from last month while deleting those who haven't let me know and I really hope I didn't mix anybody up! :duck: Speaking of repeats, I don't mind pulling a double header, but I don't want to go for a hat trick. It's a fairly easy gig, so you might want to think about hosting next month. :) Lots of time, lots of time.
-----
Super job, Everybody. We've already got some color. Hoorah for those getting past injuries and for those going slow to avoid injuries. Remember, no goal is too small. We're just here to help you, whatever your goal. pixiedust:

Have a super, active month!

Finally got some cooperation from the weather today.

10 min warm-up
80 min walk/jog
10 cool down

Total 100/1200

133/1000

Adding 70 mins running.

On the never-ending quest to find sport nutrition that doesn't leave me broke I tried running with gummy peach rings today. They really messed with my acid reflux but they were tasty! Felt pretty good energy wise, didn't bonk and managed some good hills so I guess regular old candy should be as good as anything else for most workouts. My wallet rejoiceth. I ordered some sport beans (found some on amazon) so those will come this week to try as well.

...Might even go to the mall later in my compression socks. Lol!! (JK)

Haha! love it!!!

Multiple walks with the pooch, plus a PR in the 5K I ran yesterday and some feeble attempts to work on my abs put me at

158/1100.

Thanks!

Today's exercise - 168 minutes

Warmup walk - 5 minutes
Ran 13.1 miles - 153 minutes

August tally - 502/3000

342/1500

8/2 92 minutes walking
8/3 60 minutes waking
today 190 minutes walking

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter