August 23-30, 2003 "Welcome Home Fellow Cruisers--Trip Report Completed"

Looks like our group is starting to grow, guess we will have to decide about getting a DISmeet set up and have a nice group photo taken on the ship so we can post it here on the DISboards upon our return. So, I guess the next question is, when and where does everyone want to meet? Would Saturday afternoon be good, maybe before the Sailaway Party on Deck 9 behind Topsiders? From reading other threads, I hear that is a popular spot. I made my family some lime green disboards t-shirts, you won't be able to miss us. On the back of the t-shirts it says, "Join Verandah Man at DISboards.com" The closer the cruise gets, the more excited I am getting. When we first made our plans for this cruise we had about 250 days to go, now it's down to 155 days. I think now that the warmer weather is getting here, the time might seem to go faster!!! Hope to hear back from my fellow 8-23-03 cruisers. Click the link here if you would like to check out the t-shirts I made for my family:http://community.webshots.com/album/66595381ytzqQa

I am getting excited also :Pinkbounc . I just ordered my Passporter, can't wait for it to get here. My dd's are starting to get excited. Can't go into a store without dds picking out a prom dress for me to wear on Formal night.:rolleyes: BTW, Veranda Man, I like teh T-shirts.

As for the weather- it is POURING here today. Everything looks drab. It looked much prettier with the clean white snow- such herasy(sp?)

Originally posted by aa4mom
I am getting excited also :Pinkbounc . I just ordered my Passporter, can't wait for it to get here. My dd's are starting to get excited. Can't go into a store without dds picking out a prom dress for me to wear on Formal night.:rolleyes: BTW, Veranda Man, I like teh T-shirts.

As for the weather- it is POURING here today. Everything looks drab. It looked much prettier with the clean white snow- such herasy(sp?)

We had all that rain yesterday, I had to walk around in it all day reading water meters. We received our PassPorter two weeks ago, I read mine cover to cover in two days, my DW is reading it now. I know you will enjoy reading it.

We have reached another milestone in our countdown to the August 23, 2003 Eastern Cruise, just 150 days + a few hours, and it will be our turn to board the MAGIC. I'm ready now, but I have to be content and wait. While reading water meters today, I got bit in the leg by a dog. Luckily, I had long pants on, and although the dog was quite small, he still left some teeth marks and a nice black and blue lump on my left calf muscle. It's a bit sore tonight and I know it will be in the morning as well, that's why I get paid the BIG BUCKS, LOL!!! I asked my boss if I could get hazard pay, he laughed at that one.

Well, time to check some more threads, be talking to you all later!!!

We got our flights changed, we will now be arriving in MCO at 5:15pm Friday evening 8-22-03 and we just reserved a room at The Radisson. So, I guess we will meet some of you DIS'ers there Friday evening. How about a meet around the pool Friday evening for those who will be at The Radisson, then we can still have a DISmeet on the ship.

Because of the war, Spirit Airlines waved the $75.00 service fee they would have charged for changing our flight.

Sorry about the dog bite. OUCH. Hope the bruise goes away soon.

I noticed today the Delta flight we are supposed to take is no longer listed. don't know if it is full or cancelled. Delta has also dropped fees for changing flights. I am now in the process of getting dh to take Friday off so we can come down a day early.

on WDWIG.com the cruise info has been updated. There are 73 pages of info.:D more things to read:Pinkbounc

Count me in for a Radisson pool Dismeet! Our flight got changed as well as Mary's and her crew. We were on the same flight leaving from JFK. It got changed to an earlier flight leaving from LGA. We will also arrive in MCO at 5:15 or so. Maybe we could have a luggage carosel at MCO Dismeet as well!

Trish

Originally posted by TriciaT
Count me in for a Radisson pool Dismeet! Our flight got changed as well as Mary's and her crew. We were on the same flight leaving from JFK. It got changed to an earlier flight leaving from LGA. We will also arrive in MCO at 5:15 or so. Maybe we could have a luggage carosel at MCO Dismeet as well!

Trish

O.K. then, what time should we set a meet at the Radisson pool??? Would 8pm be a good time??? Sounds like we are going to have a fun start!!! I'm so glad we switched our flight for Friday!!!

VerandahMan! A meet by the Radisson pool sounds great. The kids can jump in the pool and have a nice swim, while the adults partake of a nice Pina Colada and start the fun a night early!

Tricia, what do you think of this new flight change? LaGuardia really throws a wrench into my plans, but the earlier arrival is pretty cool! Our seats have all changed, let me know where you're sitting, we can have that plane hopping before it even gets off the ground!

Lucy, are you there? Say hi!

Originally posted by DisneyNutMary
VerandahMan! A meet by the Radisson pool sounds great. The kids can jump in the pool and have a nice swim, while the adults partake of a nice Pina Colada and start the fun a night early!

Tricia, what do you think of this new flight change? LaGuardia really throws a wrench into my plans, but the earlier arrival is pretty cool! Our seats have all changed, let me know where you're sitting, we can have that plane hopping before it even gets off the ground!

Lucy, are you there? Say hi!

O.K. we'll see you around the pool on Friday night 8-22-03, I'll have my lime green DISboards t-shirt on.

Verandah Man,

We are in stateroom 7624 and yes we would be interested in meeting up during the cruise. I'll keep in touch.

aa4mom,

I'm sure DD, Grace, would love to have some friends to meet up with on the cruise, so I will email you with her own email address.

Ian

aa4mom,

Sorry, I'm unable to email you. If you would like to email me, I will get my DD to contact your DD.

Ian

I am trying to get a list together of cruisers for the 8-23-03 cruise from the information I have found here on this thread. Please check over the list and see if any corrections or additions need to be made. Those with an * mark indicates a stay is planned at the Radisson on 8-22-03.

August 23, 2003 DCL Eastern Caribbean DISboard Cruise List

Verandah Man (Andy) 48 from West Deptford Township, New Jersey
DW (Hazel) 49
DD (Angelina) 12
Dmom (Vi) 67
*Staying at the Radisson 8-22-03

aa4mom from Boston
DH
DD 9
DD 7

Tricia T (Trish) 30 from Nutley, NJ
DH 33
DS 11
DS 7
Dmom 54
Dnep 9

Mnmomof1 (Kim) from Minnesota
DH
DD 12 (Ashley)

gdulaney (Ginny) from Atlanta
DH

DisneyNutMary (Mary) 30 from Staten Island, New York
DH 46
DS 9
DS 5

dvcer97 (Jackie) 39 from Babylon, New York
DH 48
DS 12
Baby 2 ½
Dsis 42

Ian Parkes 43 from Staffordshire, England
DW (Tina) 41
DD (Grace) 9

Lucyluvsmickey (Lucy) from Staten Island, New York
DH
DS 10
DD 9
Friends DH/DW/DD 7

disnylesa from Staten Island, New York
DH
DD 9
DD 6

Ian,

Just pm'd you with the email address. it looks as though there is another girl age 9. they should have a good time together.

am

Verandah Man,

Thanks for all the organizing of who's going. I am still trying to get plane reservations changed. We'll be sorry to miss the meet at the pool.

Originally posted by aa4mom
Verandah Man,

Thanks for all the organizing of who's going. I am still trying to get plane reservations changed. We'll be sorry to miss the meet at the pool.

Here's some PD to help you get your flights changed, we'd love to have you join us!!!

Hey we will be at the pool also. Our flight has changed so many times I hope we get an even earlier flight. Hi Mary when are you going to show me how to use clipart ? I am such a clutz on the computer!!!! Counting down the days!!!!!!:earsgirl: :wave:

If you read any post from Rae519, don't believe anything she says about me. She is a shrimp stealer, and I have a photo to prove it, check the photo of Rae stealing my shrimp!

62Rae_s_mock_photo.jpg

Hello Andy and All the August 23 cruisers!

I am your adopted Disney Cruiser for this trip and a member of the Andy Walters Shrimp Stealers Society, Andy is President and I am the CEO.

If there was any way that I could possibly have two cruises in August, you know I'd be there taking ALL Andy's shrimp!

Rae

Rae,
You can count me in on stealing all the shrimp before Andy gets his hands on any. I think you and I should be stowaways on this cruise, we would have a blast. If only I could get on this cruise - school starts that week around here :(
I will be thinking about everyone having fun while Rae and I aren't on the ship. Please have lots of shrimp for me. Andy, I'm sure that request will not be a problem for you :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter