August 23-30, 2003 "Welcome Home Fellow Cruisers--Trip Report Completed"

Verandah Man

I DREAM of a FANTASY that's full of MAGIC & WONDER
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Brooklawn%20Diner%20VB%20group.jpg

This is our first cruise, Disney or otherwise. Those traveling in our group will be, my DW (Hazel-49), DD (Angelina-12), my Dmom (Viria-67), and myself (Andy-48), my Dsis (Vicki-50), my Dniece (Vicki J-28).

Who else will be traveling on this cruise? Looking forward to hearing from you! ;)

Looking forward to a MAGICal time
:bounce:

Updated Message 3-26-03

Just trying to get a feel about who might be interested in getting together for DISmeet #1. I was able to get our flights changed from Saturday morning 8-23-03 to Friday afternoon 8-22-03. We will now be arriving at MCO at 5:15pm and staying at The Radisson Friday evening. Will be looking forward to meeting some of you DIS'ers at The Radisson the night before the cruise.

Update 8-6-03:"DISmeet #2 on the MAGIC Saturday August 23, 2003 after the life jacket drill(mustering) at the Promenade Lounge Deck 3." Hope to see you there!!!

We will be on Aug 23 cruise, can't wait. I wish it were tomorrow, anything to get out of this cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There will be me, dh, dd7 and dd9. It will be our first Disney cruise and our first cruise in 12 years.

I know what you mean about the cold, it's been frigid here in New Jersey as well. I work outside reading water meters and I had to take Friday off. By the time I got done work on Thursday, my lungs were actually burning from breathing in the frigid air, all week. I wish I had been on the Magic that sailed today!!!
What deck will your family be on? We are on deck 7.:jester:

Heat wave today, my outdoor thermometer is reading 25. !! I feel bad for anyone that has to work outside in this weather. I can barely manage to go from house to car. I don't know what deck we are on, we are category 6, where ever that is.

aa4mom:D

Looks like you will be one or two decks below us. I'm looking at my chart and there are Cat.6 staterooms on decks 5 & 6. Do you know what your stateroom # is? The first number of your stateroom is your deck #, We are in Cat. 5, deck #7.

My DD 12, will be only 2 weeks shy of her 13th birthday while we are on the cruise. Last night she said she wanted to go with the teenagers, I thought at first she was going to go with the 10-12 children's age group. Kids, try and figure them out:confused:

The temp is a little warmer here today, but we are expecting some light snow overnight, I can't wait for Spring to get here.:smooth:

We don't have a stateroom yet. We are Cat. 6 guarentee. I don't like the fact that we dont have a room. It just leaves one more thing up in the air. oldest dd will be just shy of 10 when we cruise.
Havent heard a weather report- too depressing- but the sky looks like snow.:(

We will be on the Aug 23 Eastern cruise. It will be me (30), dh (33), ds (11), dnephew (9), ds (7), and my mother (54). Does anyone know how large the dining tables are? We'd love to sit with another family especially one with a single grandma or grandpa along to chat with my mother. We have late dining. Also, my 11 year old is anxious that he won't meet any friends, little ds and dn are buddies and will have each other. I would love to have ds email with another 10-12 yr old going on the cruise.

See you there!
Trish

aa4mom,

Our stateroom #is 7586.

From what I read, if your oldest DD 9 is within one month of turning 10, then she can join the 10-12 year old group.

It just started snowing here in NJ again. It figures, I just came out of the car wash, only to see the first snowflakes falling.:mad:

Talk to you later.

Trish,
We have 4 in our group, me(48) DW(49), she robbed the cradle, DD 12, and my mom, let's put it nicely, a tad over 60. I've never been on a cruise before, so I don't know how they set up the tables, or how many can sit at each table. I asked my DD 12 if she would be interested in e-mailing with your DS 11, and you should see the look I got, LOL!!! Then she said, "Well maybe." Luckily for me, my DD 12, has not started with the boy crazy stage yet!!!:jester:

we have late dining also. How do they set up dining seating? do they try to sit people together that have roughly the same age party members. TrishT, your son can email dd(almost 10), but not sure if he will get a response. email (and boys) is not really her thing.

aa4mom

Snowing here, we already have a coating on the ground, that's what I get for washing my car this afternoon.

GO BUCS!!! They just scored again 20-3, with 30 seconds 'til halftime.:cool:

Hi, we will be sailing on the August 23rd cruise. It is me, my husband and our daughter who will be 12 soon. We are really looking forward to this cruise.

Hi everybody!

My DH and I will be on the Aug 23rd Eastern Cruise. No children... and for some reason DF (disney "ferrets") aren't allowed on the ship. Darn! The DFs are so cute...and they would have lots of fun on board.

See you there!!

Ginny

Andy,

We are NJ DVC members also. Are you using points for the cruise? We are part points part cash for the six of us in two category 8's cabins 5008 and 5010, and two nights following the cruise at a Ft. Wilderness Cabin. We will spend the night before the cruise at the Radisson in Cocoa Beach. Sounds like a lot of checking in and out, doesn't it? If your dd decides she wants to chat with an 11 yr old boy, let me know. He is not that interested in girls either. I told him that I found a couple of Dis families going and that they had daughters and he said maybe he would play with one girl alone, but not if she has any other girls with her....whatever that means.

AA4mom,

Thanks for the offer as well, if any of the kids want to chat before the trip that would be great. We parents can also keep in touch on the boards as our trips approach. It is great fun to meet up with fellow Disers on a Disney trip!

Ginny,

I really wish my dd (Disney Doggie) could come on the cruise as well. Unfortunately she has to stay behind here in NJ.

Mnmomof1,

I'll bet your dd will have a great time, sounds like their are a few other girls her age.

Happy vacation planning everyone!
Trish

:wave: Trish,
We are using points and cash as well. My mom is joining us on this trip and we had to pay cash for her space in the stateroom. We are in Cat. #5 stateroom #7586.
We fly into Orlando Saturday morning of the cruise, and fly home Saturday evening, after the cruise.
I just found out about this DIS site Friday night, and I'm already addicted to it. This is really great!!!
:jester:

I think my DD is going to get in touch with mnmomof1's DD this week, they are rather close in age, only about six months apart.

Keep in touch!!!

TriciaT,

I think your DD (disney doggie) should be allowed to go!! I'm certain that at some point I've seen Goofy...although I don't recall seeing Pluto. Maybe it's only the talking dogs that can cruise?

Ginny
:p

We're going too:Pinkbounc

It will be me (30) DH (46) DS (9) and DS (5, on 8/23/03)

We are travelling with two other families and will all be staying at the Radisson the night before. We are all on Deck 2:Pinkbounc

TriciaT, not that I want to tear your son away from the girls, but besides my almost 10 year old son, I will also be travelling with me almost 11 year old nephew.

If there are any common interests, we may want to introduce the boys, they could end up spending time together in the Oceaneer's Lab:)

By the way, we are also DVC and travelling on points and cash.

I am wondering if it is too early to pack:earseek:

Mary,

Lets introduce them before the trip. That would be great! My younger son will be in the 5-7 group, my nephew who I am bringing, will be in the 8-9 group and my older son in the 10-12 group. So, it sounds like our children/nephews could be fast friends.

My kids are into sports, video games, and Yu Gi Oh cards....but then again, aren't all boys?

We will see you at the Radisson too I guess! We are checking in in the evening as we have a 5:00 flight from JFK. We plan to jump right in the pool on arrival!

Trish, who wishes she could start packing too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter