August 2021 - will I be going ?

I had to look at the list to see which countries you all might be able to visit being on this 'green' list as of May and was shocked to see Canada on it. Yeah...sorry. No. Canada will NOT be allowing any international visitors for quite some time, and certainly not by mid May. Does the UK not realize this? We are FAR behind the UK and the US in vaccinations.
You misunderstand the green/yellow/red listings. They relate to what restrictions may be applied to you when you return from those places - ie, how safe they are. It's nothing to do with whether those places will allow you to go there in the first place, and what restrictions you might face at that end if you did.

You misunderstand the green/yellow/red listings. They relate to what restrictions may be applied to you when you return from those places - ie, how safe they are. It's nothing to do with whether those places will allow you to go there in the first place, and what restrictions you might face at that end if you did.
Ah ok, that makes more sense! Thanks!

Ah ok, that makes more sense! Thanks!
TBH it's been poorly publicised and I think is a bit confusing. It 'looks' a bit like the travel corridors we had last year but isn't the same (AFAIUI).
I expect a lot of people are busy planning/booking holidays without fully understanding it - "Green means go, right?" Most will probably be OK as a lot of places are desperate for tourist income, but there may be some get caught out.
And as happened last year the classifications could change while you're on holiday and you still have to quarantine on return :mad:

TBH it's been poorly publicised and I think is a bit confusing. It 'looks' a bit like the travel corridors we had last year but isn't the same (AFAIUI).
I expect a lot of people are busy planning/booking holidays without fully understanding it - "Green means go, right?" Most will probably be OK as a lot of places are desperate for tourist income, but there may be some get caught out.
And as happened last year the classifications could change while you're on holiday and you still have to quarantine on return :mad:
It is a bit misleading, esp like you said "green means go" 🤦 I read you will be getting more information this week regarding travel? Hopefully they will clarify a few more things. I hear you on tbe quarantine, that's what we have here in Canada and it's not going away anytime soon.

This is what I keep explaining to my girlfriend who has now decided our September trip is definitely on. Just because the UK government says we can travel to the US in say June without having to quarantine on return, it doesn't mean A) That the Americans will let us in, or B) The Americans won't make us quarantine when we arrive or C) That the picture won't have changed entirely by September anyway, or D, E, and F any other number of other situations!

I worry she's setting herself up for disappointment!

This is what I keep explaining to my girlfriend who has now decided our September trip is definitely on. Just because the UK government says we can travel to the US in say June without having to quarantine on return, it doesn't mean A) That the Americans will let us in, or B) The Americans won't make us quarantine when we arrive or C) That the picture won't have changed entirely by September anyway, or D, E, and F any other number of other situations!

I worry she's setting herself up for disappointment!

I am with you and fully understand what your saying we are due to go in October and are very optimistic now, but no guarantees.

Anything could change in 6 months but Im confident the UK is going in the right direction now, also the US are also getting there now and will very soon blow our vaccination charts off the scale they are now averaging 3 millions jabs per day!

We have friends who live in Orlando and they also believe from what they hear and see that UK travellers will be welcome by July that’s not a fixed date but a target date for them.

Interesting! In Wales we have to have show ID, passport or photo driving licence and present the letter inviting us to the appointment or NHS number.

In Wales here too and didn't have to show anything. Mine wasn't done via letter but via telephone call from Doctors (AstraZeneca) and they just asked for name and date of birth so probably could have got someone to do mine for me. I did think they might need ID but nope.

In Wales here too and didn't have to show anything. Mine wasn't done via letter but via telephone call from Doctors (AstraZeneca) and they just asked for name and date of birth so probably could have got someone to do mine for me. I did think they might need ID but nope.
I wonder whether the difference is because my appointment was at a mass vaccination centre. I presume you didn’t get the eight page appointment letter either? Rather than the usual one page Welsh/one page English format, it was mixed paragraph by paragraph.

I wonder whether the difference is because my appointment was at a mass vaccination centre. I presume you didn’t get the eight page appointment letter either? Rather than the usual one page Welsh/one page English format, it was mixed paragraph by paragraph.

Nope thank god what a waste :D yeah my parents had to take ID definitely and they got letters. The group 6 people (me and my sister both fell in here) didn't have to show any ID and were at a different location.

So, Jet2 has suspended flights and holidays until 23rd June.
People also arguing about £150 Covid test on return?
This summer feels like a complete mess at the minute

We were booked DVC at Boardwalk for 3 weeks from July 31st. I cancelled yesterday but now having serious remorse. We have a young man with LD and autism who tries but cant wear a mask for any length of time. Now I've read the governor of Orange county may dismiss the mandatory masks from June. I realise Disney may keep their own rules and procedures but maybe I cancelled too early.:sad2:

I realise Disney may keep their own rules and procedures but maybe I cancelled too early.:sad2:

I personally think you did the right thing. I remember when I cancelled mine for this year I had pangs of regret but I think the best bet at this point is 2022. I just don't think 2021 will be the experience we all know and love.

Well, not much of a reveal today was it!

Government always said they will make announcement about travelling on 12th April. The bank holiday statement was about hairdressers, shops etc. to give the go ahead for them to reopen from the 12th

We were booked DVC at Boardwalk for 3 weeks from July 31st. I cancelled yesterday but now having serious remorse. We have a young man with LD and autism who tries but cant wear a mask for any length of time. Now I've read the governor of Orange county may dismiss the mandatory masks from June. I realise Disney may keep their own rules and procedures but maybe I cancelled too early.:sad2:

I don't think you made a bad decision. It's so hot and humid in July and August, even those with no problems breathing will struggle at least somewhat with a mask. There's no way to know for sure how things will be a few months from now and you made the best decision you could with the information available at the time. You can always rebook and actually enjoy the countdown with your family when you know how to plan and what to expect.

As a side note, there is no mask mandate in Florida at all. They mayor in Orange County is issuing letters to businesses he thinks aren't obeying his recommendations, but the letters are effectively powerless as the Governor of FL has declared that no fines or penalties can be imposed on any business or individual. Now on the realistic and practical side, each business has a right to make its own rules and if Disney makes it mandatory to comply with certain policies they have every right to deny access for anyone who doesn't do so. Personally, I'd keep any eye on Disney policies, rather than the what the county is doing right now as that will be a better indicator for you.

Hoping to see travel open up this year though. The past year has been a long decade!

We have a young man with LD and autism who tries but cant wear a mask for any length of time.
You made the right decision. (We have an Asperger child - 35 yo now :confused3 ).
Disney have said masks will probably be a 'thing' till next year, so even travelling alone I'm not expecting to go this October. Spending 2-3 weeks with fabric clamped across my face does not a holiday make.

So, Jet2 has suspended flights and holidays until 23rd June.
People also arguing about £150 Covid test on return?
This summer feels like a complete mess at the minute

I think one test at £150 would be acceptable , however our current rules require 3 tests to arrive back in the UK. One prior to flying and then you have to book a 2 test package on the gov. Website.

Plus most destination need at least 1 test to enter especially if not vaccinated.

Unless they either reduce the number of tests needed or lower the costs I will be cancelling all our plans for summer.

Also if this new everybody doing 2 tests weekly , why can we not just use the results from these to travel?? Either the results are reliable or not🙄

Either the results are reliable or not
The free lateral flow ones are not really. They give about 1/1,000 false positive, so if you get a positive you should do it again, and they can miss a couple in a hundred infected, though I've seen higher numbers quoted too. Apparently they give better accuracy in people with symptoms ... which is not very helpful.

The more expensive PCR test is more reliable and is the one required for travel AFAIK.

The free lateral flow ones are not really. They give about 1/1,000 false positive, so if you get a positive you should do it again, and they can miss a couple in a hundred infected, though I've seen higher numbers quoted too. Apparently they give better accuracy in people with symptoms ... which is not very helpful.

The more expensive PCR test is more reliable and is the one required for travel AFAIK.

But the if they are not reliable then what's the point in the costs of trying to get everybody to do 2 tests a week ?

Some countries will accept cheaper tests for arrivals but the PCR ones for arrival back to UK. My partner just had to travel for work. Costs us £360 for 3 UK tests and 95 euro for the one prior to flying home 😮

No way can we pay that X5 for our family holiday .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter