August 2021 - will I be going ?

And Japan isn't allowing spectators (and I assume tourists) into the country for the Olympics.

I still hope, but realistically 2021 is probably a goner for foreign holidays :sad: :sad: :drinking:

Disney just extended the "wish you were here" till June but still with September dates. So they seem confident people will be back at the end of the year. August...not sure. I'm hopeful for my November trip.
That’s good to know. Thanks for sharing

We had August booked but now in for Christmas. I just dont know, depends if they stick rigidly to 2021 dates, there will be flu around by then but do we move to a living with it situation, how long can they keep this going!? Who knows? I am in Ireland by the way which is why I moved August because we are behind UK on vaccination so that is just another aspect of the guessing game for any travel!

We had August booked but now in for Christmas. I just dont know, depends if they stick rigidly to 2021 dates, there will be flu around by then but do we move to a living with it situation, how long can they keep this going!? Who knows? I am in Ireland by the way which is why I moved August because we are behind UK on vaccination so that is just another aspect of the guessing game for any travel!
I having my first vaccination on Thursday 🎉, so hopefully I will be fully vaccinated by the end of June. Wales is moving at a reasonable pace, both in terms of vaccine roll out and easing of lockdown, so I am hopeful for December travel. It’s better to be optimistic and hopeful, than pessimistic and miserable. 😉

but do we move to a living with it situation, how long can they keep this going!?
Some UK expert thinks we'll be wearing masks for a few years ... until the whole world is vaccinated.
I really, really hope they are wrong. :crazy:

Some UK expert thinks we'll be wearing masks for a few years ... until the whole world is vaccinated.
I really, really hope they are wrong. :crazy:

I think in certain areas we should have to wear masks for ever. Like on tubes and in enclosed spaces. Usually get 4 colds a year..nothing since the pandemic started. A guy literally sneezed into my mouth as i yawned once. No attempt to cover his face or at least move it down. Didnt bother to apologise either.

I just wonder if Jun-Oct might be allowed and then a winter travel ban might come back in force Nov-Feb to prevent spikes in cases/new variants when NHS is in winter pressure mode.
Just another random thought for the day.

I just wonder if Jun-Oct might be allowed and then a winter travel ban might come back in force Nov-Feb to prevent spikes in cases/new variants when NHS is in winter pressure mode.
Just another random thought for the day.
I honestly have no clue at this stage.
Between vaccines and variants almost anything could happen :confused3

It’s to early too call still for this year, I certainly think July onwards maybe possible if the UK and US keep going as well with vaccines and we can keep deaths down to a minimal number, we all have to remember positive cases will certainly stay with us COVID-19 is not going away anytime soon and will remain prevalent for many years such as flu etc. But with vaccines reducing illnesses and death, further testing is a way back to a new normal life for all. I’d certainly say as things stand more chance of travelling to the US this year than most places in the EU. We can’t keep the world locked down forever it will simply break financially never mind mental health etc. Life has always been about risk some embrace and some don’t it’s personal choice but once we’ve all been vaccinated in the UK it should make a massive difference to how we all feel moving forward. Fingers crossed for a 2021 Florida vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter