August 2021 - will I be going ?

I think this has been very much overlooked.

This is the page which I check on a regualr basis
Travelers Prohibited from Entry to the United States

It was last updated February 19.

With specific exceptions, several Presidential proclamations suspend and limit entry into the United States, as immigrants or nonimmigrants, of noncitizens who were physically present within the following countries during the 14-day period preceding their entry or attempted entry into the United States. For a full list of exceptions, please refer to the relevant proclamations in the links below.

• China
  • Iran
  • European Schengen area (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican City)
  • United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland)
  • Republic of Ireland
  • Brazil
  • South Africa
I also check this page Official White House Website - The Presidential Executive Order Banning Travel From UK, Ireland, Europe and Other Countries

This was last updated on January 25 2021. Until UK, Ireland and other countries are removed from this Presidential Executive Order, we can not enter USA.

Thank you, some useful links here - I was hunting for something like this.

The only official information is what is in place right now - doesn’t help knowing what to do with our holidays later in the year and obviously we have to make decisions now. So frustrating!! The only info we are getting for summer is based on predictions by the media really, or leaked info which could and does change.

It's so frustrating because people have been going back and forth throughout. I mean Chris Evans came over just to visit his girlfriend. I assumed he had been filming over here when there were pictures but then hear him say in a podcast that he hadn't been - just had a couple of "meetings." Because they can't happen over zoom right?

I'm not saying that travel should be allowed this is more frustration at travel bans not being adhered to. People saying on other threads about not being able to go outside their area in Scotland, whilst my cousins flew up for a funeral (allowed) on a full plane and were not asked once about the reason for their travel. All these diligent people not going to costco whilst others are happily going back and forth between capitals (and then probably going to costco at the weekend)

It's the whole cummings thing again. The rules only apply to those stupid enough to follow them. A lack of social conscience that the current government seems to want to cultivate. Sorry. I've gone off topic here. I hope at some point we get to go to disneyworld. I want to go to Typhoon Lagoon before the end of 2022.

This Reuters article may be helpful:
U.S. adds 116 countries to its ‘Do Not Travel’ advisory list

In a nutshell this is the US equivalent of our traffic light system - It's the countries where they would rather US citizens didn't go at present.
If they say they don't want US citizens coming here (and then going back) they are unlikely to want 'us' going there.

The last paragraph is also very telling:
"Earlier this month, the CDC said fully vaccinated people could safely travel within the United States at "low risk," but its director, Rochelle Walensky, discouraged Americans from doing so because of high coronavirus cases nationwide."
So they'd rather Americans didn't even travel within the USA ...

Then there's the Indian variant - or the first one anyway :confused3

The UK has been level 4 on the CDC map since last spring/summer; it isn't a new or recent change. For my work we have to fill out a form for our US partner that asks if the person involved (in our work) has recently travelled to a level 4 country, and I was always having to write 'they live in one' on it.

Genuine question and sorry if I've missed it or just being dumb but why are we (possibly) on the "do not travel" list?

Genuine question and sorry if I've missed it or just being dumb but why are we (possibly) on the "do not travel" list?

Not a dumb question - we would all like to know! As livbeatles has said, it goes back to last year when our numbers skyrocketed. I’m just hoping that it’s going to be updated to reflect our numbers now. The news that came out yesterday that Biden will be visiting here in June gives me hope that it will.

I did read an article that said that unlike countries/islands like Greece, Caribbean etc, the USA doesn’t rely on overseas tourism as it has a flourishing domestic tourism - thats why there isn’t a rush to get borders open again.

Genuine question and sorry if I've missed it or just being dumb
There are no dumb questions.

the USA doesn’t rely on overseas tourism as it has a flourishing domestic tourism
Yes, they are (able to be) pretty much self-contained in most aspects.

Given the volatile nature of outbreaks around the world (India in meltdown having said it was all over just a couple of months ago; Australia and NZ opening a 'travel bubble' a few days ago and today a new outbreak in Aus) no country is likely to be opening up readily unless there is serious money at stake as @katytrott says.
Even the reopening of Disneyland (Anaheim) is apparently only for CA residents for the time being.

It's all a bit depressing :(

Just looking at some stats this evening.
For 7 day average US shows 60,000 new cases daily, UK 2,500. So US is 24x more, but population is only 6x ours, so they have 4x the infection rate/head than we have.
From one POV that makes us look like a low risk to allow visiting ... but from another POV they are not in as good a place as the UK and so would want to get their own rates much lower before opening borders.

It's complicated ... and political :crazy2:

Orlando airport advised that first flights from the U.K. projected by the airlInes is June. Obviously subject to US Govt announcement.

Just looking at some stats this evening.
For 7 day average US shows 60,000 new cases daily, UK 2,500. So US is 24x more, but population is only 6x ours, so they have 4x the infection rate/head than we have.
From one POV that makes us look like a low risk to allow visiting ... but from another POV they are not in as good a place as the UK and so would want to get their own rates much lower before opening borders.

It's complicated ... and political :crazy2:

And surely with USA rates so much higher than ours there will likely be quarantine required upon return 😭

And surely with USA rates so much higher than ours there will likely be quarantine required upon return 😭
Hard to say. Although high compared to us, in global terms they (US) may have quite low rates, and they are progressing well with vaccinations. I've seen one suggestion they will go on the green list - whenever this system eventually materialises.

Does anyone still have an August 2021 trip booked? Anyone earlier than that?
Moved my July 2021 trip to July 2022 last week. I think it might well have still been feasible, but it just wouldn't have been the same. One benefit is that Tron and the Guardians coasters might be up and running by then maybe. Prices are a lot higher though, and I've downgraded from CS to POP. Plus staying 2 less nights on-site at Disney, and snuck in a few days at Cabana Bay instead, which I've always fancied staying at.

My growing concern over the last few weeks has been a potential bottoming out of the US vaccination program and possible impact this is going to have for travel to the USA.

At the press conference last week a very telling slide was shared showing just how much the take up has been in England for the age bands currently invited.
Vaccine update - nhs england.png

Contrast this at a glance with the USA. They don't look like they are "topping out" anywhere near full bars to me.
Vaccine update - cdc usa.png

I've started to see it having some press coverage this weekend with the New York Times headline "Reaching ‘Herd Immunity’ Is Unlikely in the U.S., Experts Now Believe".
nyt headline - Herd Immunity Unlikely in the US.png

You have to remember though as you go down in age categories you increase the proportion of people who have already had the vaccine for other reasons. It isn't completely clear whether that graph took that into account or just went by the response to the general age letters/texts.

Also the big drop off is in the very last age category only. Perhaps on the 17th of April the vaccination programme wasn't as far along with their 45+ invitations as they liked to claim? I mean it only just went down to 42 yrs being able to book on the website and I knew people in their late 70s waiting for their vaccine because of inefficiencies in their area when the official line was that all over 70s had been offered the jab.

I mean there might be a future UK drop off in younger people taking up the vaccine as there appears to be in the USA but I get really angry about the government spending money on ad campaigns to encourage younger people to take up the vaccine when they could instead spend that money on speeding up the roll out so those young people actually could. I would love to get vaccinated but can't yet. I'm fine with it when we're letting the more vulnerable be vaccinated first but it is galling to be waiting patiently whilst getting told off at at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter