august 2013 codes for rental cars?

for the first time we did online checkin and proceeded directly to the garage for our fullsize Alamo car rental. It went without a hitch although, for the first time we did not get an upgrade.....I don't know if that is because we skipped the counter or not but just thought I would pass this along. That being said, I am more than happy with the Dodge Charger that we received. It's all good.:thumbsup2

I didn't think my Alamo rate would go any lower, but I just got it down from $127 to $116 for a standard for 6 days.

But...now I'm considering jumping to Hertz because I can get a minivan for $180, which would be much more comfortable for the 2 hr ride to Vero Beach.

Hmmm...decisions, decisions.

for the first time we did online checkin and proceeded directly to the garage for our fullsize Alamo car rental. It went without a hitch although, for the first time we did not get an upgrade.....I don't know if that is because we skipped the counter or not but just thought I would pass this along. That being said, I am more than happy with the Dodge Charger that we received. It's all good.:thumbsup2

What would you say the trunk holds luggage wise on the charger? Did it seem smaller, the same or larger than what you had expected?
I'm pretty sure this is what we will end up with when we pick up at Cape Canaveral and I'm second guessing the luggage situation.

Thanks,
Gina

Just came back Monday night from a magical trip. I don't want to re-open a debate about the KLM code, but we used it with no problems. Used the Emerald Aisle and at 11:30am on Friday August 2 it was full of Chevy 200's and another car that looked similar. No vans or bigger suv's. There was one jeep patriot (small suv) in the line- I checked how the A/C worked and noted it had only 372 miles on it and we loaded it up with our stuff!

Great to hear!!! And excellent feedback on the KLM code! :thumbsup2

Just came back Monday night from a magical trip. I don't want to re-open a debate about the KLM code, but we used it with no problems. Used the Emerald Aisle and at 11:30am on Friday August 2 it was full of Chevy 200's and another car that looked similar. No vans or bigger suv's. There was one jeep patriot (small suv) in the line- I checked how the A/C worked and noted it had only 372 miles on it and we loaded it up with our stuff!

Great find on the aisle, but, tell me, what is a Chevy 200? Did you mean Chrysler 200?

Was this at MCO? If so, it does not matter where you check in, what matters is what is on the row. The only exception to this is if you went to the counter and they told you to go to a different area, IE: jump from full size to Premium.

What would you say the trunk holds luggage wise on the charger? Did it seem smaller, the same or larger than what you had expected?
I'm pretty sure this is what we will end up with when we pick up at Cape Canaveral and I'm second guessing the luggage situation.

Thanks,
Gina

The trunk in the charger is 16.5 cf. The trunk in the Impala is 18.6cf. If you need trunk space, I would ask for the Impala if you cannot select it yourself. The web site says Charger or similar and in reality, there are very few Chargers in the fleet compared to the number of Impalas in the fleet.

Just logged onto Alamo. My full size rental budged a little for our 8-30/9-7 trip. It was sitting at 179.97 with the visa code and passholder discount. Now I'm at 171.14. Every little bit helps. I would be super happy to get down to $150!

Although I got my Alamo standard down to $116, I'm jumping ship and renting from Hertz. We really wanted a minivan since we have 3 kids (one in a booster seat) and we have a 2 hr drive from MCO.

Minivan rates are $400+ with every company, but using the BJ's discount with Hertz, I got a minivan for $180.

I think anything under $200 is good for a minivan, so I'm happy with the deal I got, but I'm a little nervous since I've never rented from Hertz before. Alamo is who we usually rent from and we've always had great experiences. I just hope the same is true for Hertz.

Great find on the aisle, but, tell me, what is a Chevy 200? Did you mean Chrysler 200?

Yes, that's what I meant ;) I was too excited to see the small SUV I didn't look carefully at the other cars!!

We were given a Chrysler 200 in jan. what a piece of crap it was!! Even for the short amount of time we had it. Dh would not allow me to rent a standard this time because of the chance of being stuck with one again!

Has anyone posted the United Mileage Plus coupon? I'm already a member, but I have no idea what the code is...please help...

Picked up at 12 last night and the full size row was impala, altimas and camrys. We took an impala. We have 3 adults, 1 booster and 1 carseat. We fit and it wasn't bad at all, I was concerned. We got 2 27" suitcases, a 24", maclaren stroller, two carryons bags and a laptop in the trunk. I was surprised.

We were given a Chrysler 200 in jan. what a piece of crap it was!! Even for the short amount of time we had it. Dh would not allow me to rent a standard this time because of the chance of being stuck with one again!

If you rent a standard at Alamo or National, you get to select from the full size row as there is not a standard row at MCO. You pick your own car there.

Thanks,
Gina

Loads of room in the trunk! It held two large suitcases, four small suitcases, and a knapsack. We thought it was plenty of space. I wouldn't worry.:thumbsup2

Standard/full size cars are the lowest for my dates today that they have ever been....$139 taxes in, using the Insiders discount and the Visa coupon (8 day rental). We are still holding our standard SUV reservation ($285 taxes in) but these full size car rates are making it tempting to downsize and save $150! Today's rate for the standard SUV is almost $400 :scared: .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter