August 2013 Canucks

We booked a bb offer last October for fd. We have 10 days booked this August. Unfortunately, we decided that it would just be toooo expensive. It is looking like our flights will cost the same amount pretty much as the whole 10 days, two rooms at pop and tickets. :(

We have changed our plans to drive to Ontario instead. I am looking forward to it but am very, very bummed about not going to Disney. We are taking the kids to Canada's Wonderland for a couple of days (they have never been) and renting a cottage for a week.

I haven't had the guts to cancel my trip yet. I better get going or I will lose deposit.

Awww... That's a drag! But you still have almost four months before you have to cancel it right? We booked the same BB beginning Aug. 18., so early July is when we have to cancel.

Maybe if you hold out a little longer airfare may drop??

Have you guys told your kids yet? We haven't but I think we will around Easter. I don't really know what is the best timeframe to tell but I DO want them to have some time to enjoy the planning. Our youngest is 8 so I think she could handle the wait even if we told her now.

Have you guys told your kids yet? We haven't but I think we will around Easter. I don't really know what is the best timeframe to tell but I DO want them to have some time to enjoy the planning. Our youngest is 8 so I think she could handle the wait even if we told her now.

Right from the time he was small, we always told our DS where were going and when. We like having him involved in the planning process.......our getaways (even the ones close to home) are family experiences so we all like to have each other's input. Plus, it always gave him time to budget and save for his souvenirs or shopping.....things like setting aside birthday money, allowance, etc. Never hurts to give kids the opportunity to budget and plan.

I have updated our list in our OP. Welcome aboard, August Canucks!

We booked a bb offer last October for fd. We have 10 days booked this August. Unfortunately, we decided that it would just be toooo expensive. It is looking like our flights will cost the same amount pretty much as the whole 10 days, two rooms at pop and tickets. :(

We have changed our plans to drive to Ontario instead. I am looking forward to it but am very, very bummed about not going to Disney. We are taking the kids to Canada's Wonderland for a couple of days (they have never been) and renting a cottage for a week.

I haven't had the guts to cancel my trip yet. I better get going or I will lose deposit.

Have you looked into driving? That's what we are doing from NB. It is way cheaper and it's probably not that much further for you to drive there as to drive to Toronto.

We once surprised our kids with a trip to Disneyland. My husband and I had so much fun planning the surprise! We woke them bright and early on a school day and told them they had to get up because we were going to Disneyland. They didn't believe us at first :) To this day they still talk about it as being their favourite holiday! We also surprised them with a limo that met us at the airport and on the day they thought they were flying home we took the train to San Diego for 3 days. It was pure magic. I don't think we could pull it off a second time, they are too smart for that now, but it sure was fun!

It will be great no matter how/when you tell them. Have fun!

We just booked our tickets. We will be there Aug. 16-26 at AoA. We are a family of 5 from BC: me, husband, daughter 15 and twin boys, 11. I am a little worried about the heat...the rain we can handle!!

We are offsite in a wheelchair accessible home from July 20-Aug 5
and then off to Bay Lake Towers from August 6-17th.

Well we need to change our info on the first page. We're now staying at BC instead of AOA! Get to stay in a Deluxe for less than a Value! :cool1:

lol, we have almost enough of us there during that final week of August that we could have a Canadian Dismeet at DTD!

Prices drop, kids are still out of school in Canada makes it the perfect time (other than the heat)

We'll be there POFQ Aug 20-27th. Would love to move up to WL or Poly, keeping fingers crossed for deal to come out.

I don't know if this will help anyone, but in the next couple of minutes I am about to cancel the following ADRs for a party of 5. We've done some re-arranging of our schedule and don't need these any more. Help yourself.

Thursday, April 15 Tony's Town Square 05:05 PM
Friday, August 16 50s Prime Time Cafe 04:30 PM
Sunday, August 18 San Angel Inn 05:00 PM
Monday, August 19 Tusker House 04:00 PM
Tuesday, August 20 Tony's Town Square 05:00 PM

We are going on August 18 to 23 or 24 depending on how good the discounts are. We are either going to stay at Art of Animation or Port Orleans French Quarter again depending on the discounts offered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter