August 16, 2011, Disney Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Busy week here too. Work has been crazy. I've been lurking alot!!
..beautiful day in upstate NY today. This is the only weekend we don't have an AAU baketball tournament til mid June so I need to take advantage of it to get some house stuff done. Heading outside to get moving on the yardwork. Have a great day everyone!!:goodvibes

I've been lurking too!

Had a 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, & 11 yo at my house last night. (3 of them are mine) All were asleep by 11:30pm. :banana: They are all good kids and it was a fun evening! I do admire people that cook for a crew that size all the time.

Wow, that's quite a crowd....can't believe they were asleep by 11:30!!!:)

Hope everyone had a nice Sat. We had the girls Communion today it was soo PERFECT!! I will post some pictures!!

can't wait to see pics!

It was a beautiful day here too. I hope everyone had a good day!

We have been busy with baseball. My oldest is playing this year. We finally had a warm day up in NoVa. My hubby and youngest went down to Richmond for the NASCAR race. They bought me my smoke sticker for my blazer. Can't wait to put on. To bad he had a bad car tonight.

Things have been full of disney planning around here!:thumbsup2 About 2 weeks ago 2 girlfriends from school laughed about going to WDW together this summer... just us... no husbands... no kids! And it is booked!!! And not only is it booked but it is PREMIUM!!! We booked 2 nights using our DVC and 1 night of the Premium package right in the middle so we can enjoy 2 full days of unlimited tours, recreation activities, and great shows and meals! It is tough figuring out a schedule and I still can't believe we did it... but the trip is BOOKED! We have parasailing booked 3 times!!!!:lmao:

Things have been full of disney planning around here!:thumbsup2 About 2 weeks ago 2 girlfriends from school laughed about going to WDW together this summer... just us... no husbands... no kids! And it is booked!!! And not only is it booked but it is PREMIUM!!! We booked 2 nights using our DVC and 1 night of the Premium package right in the middle so we can enjoy 2 full days of unlimited tours, recreation activities, and great shows and meals! It is tough figuring out a schedule and I still can't believe we did it... but the trip is BOOKED! We have parasailing booked 3 times!!!!:lmao:

Thats a great idea to book the premium package in the middle of a couple of days there. I'll bet it was hard to figure out what you wanted to do! So 1 night = 2 days of the package? I thought they would make it only good for one day.

I took a break from the work I brought home with me this weekend..and look what I found on the DCL picture board!!

Image: http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.c...wp-content/uploads/2010/04/dds444271SMALL.jpg

Image: http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.c...wp-content/uploads/2010/04/dda328755SMALL.jpg

And the most recent webcam update from Germany:

Image: http://redaktion.meyer-neptun.de/exfiles/7/20100426_b.jpg

LOVE the brooms!!! :cool1:

Love the photos...THanks, for sharing!!!!!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Hi all, where has everybody been? It's been 3 days since the last post! Hello? Hello?

Suffering from Spring Fever?! :)

DD had an awesome dance recital on Sunday... the theme was "The Magic Kingdom". Lots of Disney music & costumes.... it was excellent. I'll have to post some pics at some point. Swimming or soccer practice every day now so we're keeping busy, busy, busy!!

Hmmm...wonder what the new shows will be like?? I copied this from the cruise thread ...

"Disney Creative Entertainment, in association with Disney Cruise Line®, is partnering with director Gordon Greenberg, choreographer Patti Columbo and writer Kirsten Childs, to create an original production for their newest luxury cruise liner, the Disney Dream®. We are seeking musical theatre performers for the original company of our brand new spectacular (title, TBD), as well as the newly debuted Villains Tonight.

Nine month contracts, sailing the Caribbean and Bahamas, begin September 2010. Disney Cruise Line hires a Repertory company of 19 performers to perform in each of our three musical theatre style shows."

Some available roles:

Dr Cornelius T. Greenaway – mid-30’s and older, male actor/principal vocalist of African-heritage. Bass/baritone with strong comic ability and warmth. The prototypical dad, he loves his daughter but is consumed by his work as a scientific botanist. (Will also play Dr. Facilier from ‘Princess and the Frog’ in ‘Villains Tonight’) 5’11” and above.

Sophia Greenaway - young 20’s, female actress/principal vocalist of African-heritage. Strong soprano/mix. Dr. Greenaway's young daughter with a positive spirit, upbeat energy and lovely air about her. She loves her dad very much. (Will also play ‘Princess Tiana’ from ‘The Princess and the Frog’)

Naveen – late 20’s – 30’s, actor of Latin or Mediterranean heritage. Princess Tiana’s love interest from ‘The Princess and the Frog’. Handsome, baritone/tenor. 5’11 and above

Rafiki – 30’s and above, female actress/principal vocalist of African-heritage with a rich, soulful pop sound; host who tells the story of The Lion King. Performs the song "The Circle of Life".

Genie – ageless, the fantastical magic-maker made famous in the film ‘Aladdin’. Excellent comic actor/principal vocalist with improvisational skills. Strong bari-tenor to G (will also play Hades, the Lord of the Underworld, in ‘Villains Tonight’) 5’11” and above.

Merlin – 30’s and above, the oldest magician of all. Charming if rather bumbling and loopy. Strong character actor with nice baritone. (Will also play Captain Hook in ‘Villains Tonight’)

Ursula/Fairy Godmother – early 30s and above, character actress who can play both the loopy and lovable Fairy Godmother (Soprano), as well Ursula (Belt/mix) from ‘The Little Mermaid’. At total ease working the crowd. Flirty yet fearless.

Yzma - mid 20’s – 30’s, female comiedianne/principal vocalist with great physical life. Originally voiced by Eartha Kitt in ‘The Emperor’s New Groove’. Pop Mix to E.
:goodvibes

Hmmm...wonder what the new shows will be like?? I copied this from the cruise thread ...

Nine month contracts, sailing the Caribbean and Bahamas, begin September 2010. Disney Cruise Line hires a Repertory company of 19 performers to perform in each of our three musical theatre style shows."

:goodvibes

Too bad I can't sing, talk about a great job! :cool2:

So excited... just booked DH and I on the 3/3/11 Dream. :cool1:

Thats a great idea to book the premium package in the middle of a couple of days there. I'll bet it was hard to figure out what you wanted to do! So 1 night = 2 days of the package? I thought they would make it only good for one day.

It IS SO hard!!! We have most everything booked! We are arriving July 26 and staying at the AKV... then our plan is to eat (and drink) our way around the World Showcase. We have a ressie at Rose and Crown that evening and are hoping we can beg for an outside table politely (we've done that before and it worked). Then the next morning PREMIUM BEGINS!!!!

Tuesday
check out of AKV and check into POP VERY EARLY! (we rented a car)
8 am Guided personal watercraft excursion!
9 am Deluxe parasailing
11:30 Fort Wilderness Segway Tour
2:30 MORE parasailing
Go back to hotel and clean up
Photo session at Poly??? (can't book till 30 days out)
8:30 FW carriage ride
9:30 Hoop Dee Doo

Wednesday
Check out of Pop... return to AKV
8:30 am Wild by Design
1 pm Tubing!!!!
2pm Deluxe parasailing
4 pm Late Lunch at Fulton's
6 pm Cirque De Soliel Show
9 pm Dinner at Narcoossee to watch Wishes

Thursday..
Relax... Yeah right!!!

I am soooooo jealous! That is so awesome!:goodvibes

I have a feeling my kids will be jealous too and they wont think its so awesome that we are going without them.

DH and I never go away without them... last time was over 3 years ago- so I hope they understand.... I know my parents will spoil them rotten while we are gone.

I have a feeling my kids will be jealous too and they wont think its so awesome that we are going without them.

DH and I never go away without them... last time was over 3 years ago- so I hope they understand.... I know my parents will spoil them rotten while we are gone.
We have only left our daughter and son once... for 1 night! I was more upset over it than they were! And Grammy and Dappy did indeed spoil them ROTTEN!
I know you will have a "Dream"y time!!!

Hello Everyone. Just posting during my last few minutes of lunch. I have been trying to catch up (LOL).

Disney was wonderful. The girls dance was awsome. I will try and post some pictures later. It did rain a few days but a rainy day is Disney is better than a day anywhere else! The only bad thing was we staid at All Star Movies and there were major groups there due to 2010 Cheerleading Worlds. Some of the kids were great and others not so - never saw security that visable before. Oh and did I mention it was also "Class Night" for many senior groups the week we were there. I missed staying at our DVC where you miss most of this.

Welcome to all the new cruisers.

I hope to get a little better posting - became a bit of a book worm lately. :love:

Have a great day and post to ya soon!!

Janeanne

Hello Everyone. Just posting during my last few minutes of lunch. I have been trying to catch up (LOL).

Disney was wonderful. The girls dance was awsome. I will try and post some pictures later. It did rain a few days but a rainy day is Disney is better than a day anywhere else! The only bad thing was we staid at All Star Movies and there were major groups there due to 2010 Cheerleading Worlds. Some of the kids were great and others not so - never saw security that visable before. Oh and did I mention it was also "Class Night" for many senior groups the week we were there. I missed staying at our DVC where you miss most of this.

Welcome to all the new cruisers.

I hope to get a little better posting - became a bit of a book worm lately. :love:

Have a great day and post to ya soon!!

Janeanne

Janeanne,

Funny, you mention about the security. Bruce and I noticed the same thing. One afternoon while we were @ the SSR pool there was a security guard @ the pool too. Not sure why, there was oo much security around...
It was nice seeing you and your family!!

Why do some weekends seem longer and harder than most days during the work week?!?

Have to be out the door at 5:30am tomorrow for a swim meet.... soccer game in the afternoon.... repeat the same on Sunday!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend - especially you Moms out there :)

Janeanne,

Funny, you mention about the security. Bruce and I noticed the same thing. One afternoon while we were @ the SSR pool there was a security guard @ the pool too. Not sure why, there was oo much security around...
It was nice seeing you and your family!!

It was great to see you guys also -

I was trying to put in a picture but I cannot figure out how - please advise.

Janeanne

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter