Attraction effects Disney installed but doesn't use ( w/pics if possible )

Does anyone remember a screen that recorded the actual population of the US? I remember it being at Epcot - maybe in SE or Innoventions. Everytime there would be a birth or a death the number on the screen would change before your eyes. It was cool. It did exist somewhere right? I didn't just imagine it?

Does anyone remember a screen that recorded the actual population of the US? I remember it being at Epcot - maybe in SE or Innoventions. Everytime there would be a birth or a death the number on the screen would change before your eyes. It was cool. It did exist somewhere right? I didn't just imagine it?

Yes, it was in EPCOT but I don't recall it being a screen. It was mechanical and moved as the population increased.

In December 2007 there was a mist curtain just before the drop on POTC ride that had Davy Jones' image on it. Haven't seen it since.
It's still there - you must just have bad luck!

They have other plans for tom sawyers island more closely related to frontier land.

Yes, it was in EPCOT but I don't recall it being a screen. It was mechanical and moved as the population increased.

Yes, "screen" was the wrong word; just didn't know what to call it. I'm really glad you remember it. Does anyone know where exactly in Epcot it was located?

Yes, "screen" was the wrong word; just didn't know what to call it. I'm really glad you remember it. Does anyone know where exactly in Epcot it was located?

If I'm thinking of the same thing, it was in Communicore West. There was a commiunication room, lots of data stuff. They even had the reservation CMs that you could watch as they teleconferenced with guests making reservation at the kiosks. I think there was an electronic population leader board.

Seriously, though, there used to be doves at the end of Beauty and the Beast that were released. Sigh.

This was stopped when Hawks would wait outside the building for the morning, and afternoon meals. No kidding, this is really true.

If I'm thinking of the same thing, it was in Communicore West. There was a commiunication room, lots of data stuff. They even had the reservation CMs that you could watch as they teleconferenced with guests making reservation at the kiosks. I think there was an electronic population leader board.

I think this is exactly where it was! Thanks so much for solving that mystery for me. :goodvibes

I do not know if this has been mentioned yet, but there used to be a cave in Animal Kingdom that would periodically spew fire. Before the fire would start, sounds would eminate from the cave, giving the impression that there was a fire breathing dragon within.

It was on the shore of the river that encircles Discovery Island and could be seen from a bridge. I believe that it was the bridge to Camp Minnie Mickey.

I don't know why Disney axed the effect though. It was pretty cool.

Scott

I do not know if this has been mentioned yet, but there used to be a cave in Animal Kingdom that would periodically spew fire. Before the fire would start, sounds would eminate from the cave, giving the impression that there was a fire breathing dragon within.

It was on the shore of the river that encircles Discovery Island and could be seen from a bridge. I believe that it was the bridge to Camp Minnie Mickey.

I don't know why Disney axed the effect though. It was pretty cool.

Scott

That was part of the "Rivers of America" tour that would board near the tree of life, they did away with it after about 14 months...I rode it once, went back a few months later and it was gone! The "Dragon rock" is still there when you go over the bridge to Camp Minnie Mickey.

In Pooh's Playful Spot, there used to be some submarines going around showing you some of the sea monsters that AA Milne had Winnie the Pooh encounter.:) :)
Actually, there was a submarine in Pooh's Playful Spot...back from the opening of WDW to 1994...it was Jules Vernes Submarine - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea.

I don't know how you dug this one up but I am loving reading it. What is making me laugh is the discussion from 2007 debating whether or not Disney will move to using RFID chips. Given all the talk circulating about FP+ coming soon, Jim Hill's crystal ball seems pretty accurate LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter