ATTEN! Single woman wanted to show my uncle the magic of Disney & maybe more.....

:scared: Ok I think I may make some people mad tonight but I hope not. Please one more day. This may sound like BS but I had some problems with my email. There are still some people that I want to here from. I promise By 8:00 PM EST you will know my decision either way. Sorry for the cliffhanger......Paul

WOW!!! I thought for sure that I had missed the big announcement :rotfl:

Well, I guess I will have to check back in sometime tomorrow...

Hi Paul,
Whatever decision you make, I hope you have a wonderful time!! You will definitely have to post and let us know though!!!! Good luck!
:thumbsup2

O.K. I promised by 8:00 pm EST so here it goes...Frist though, I want to thank all of you. This was a lot harder than I thought it would be. It finally came down to two people. One, I'm not so sure is fully into this. The other, has made me feel that she really is. This is the person I want to show me Disney. I would like to meet Alisa if she'll meet me. Will you???????......Paul

O.K. I promised by 8:00 pm EST so here it goes...Frist though, I want to thank all of you. This was a lot harder than I thought it would be. It finally came down to two people. One, I'm not so sure is fully into this. The other, has made me feel that she really is. This is the person I want to show me Disney. I would like to meet Alisa if she'll meet me. Will you???????......Paul

Paul, I would be honored to be the one to show you some of the things that make visiting WDW such a special experience. In my opinion, there is no better time than the end of September to visit. I promise it will be fun...and memorable.

This trip was already going to be full of "firsts" for me (even after all of my trips) - now I can share some of these "firsts" with someone!

Thanks for asking me! I happily accept :yay:
Alisa

Paul, I would be honored to be the one to show you some of the things that make visiting WDW such a special experience. In my opinion, there is no better time than the end of September to visit. I promise it will be fun...and memorable.

This trip was already going to be full of "firsts" for me (even after all of my trips) - now I can share some of these "firsts" with someone!

Thanks for asking me! I happily accept :yay:
Alisa

I hope you both have a wonderful time together! Happy beginnings lead to happy endings.

Geaux Tigers!!!
Richie

I too watched this thread with great hopes of it ending happily-
Heres to finding your dreams together!!:goodvibes

Congratulations, hoping you have a great time. Take your time, relax and enjoy the world, don't put to much pressure on yourself or each other to have a connection. If there is anyplace that can create magic, It's Disney. Keep us updated and let us know how it goes.

This post may be a few weeks after the last one but still, you should read this.

I've got to say this was entertaining to watch/read....

I don't watch reality TV (reality TV to me would be the 6 o'clock news) and I don't do online dating (I'm a face time kinda guy).

I came to these boards to glean information about Disney and to find out what keeps the average Dissers boat afloat. I've come away with some very positive and helpful stories of YOUR experiences at Disney and your lives at home.

I understand the reasoning for having a solo/singles board is to meet people of similar interests(Disney) in similar situations(singular). What's really sad is this thread brought out some bad qualities in people and may have actually hurt some feelings (I can only conjecture). I stopped reading this thread when the finger pointing started and went to the end to see the resolution.

I'm not going to play Dr. Phil here and tell you how to live your life. What I will tell you is that you need to be very cautious when meeting someone for the first time. I work in the IT Dept for a school district and see some bad stuff happen to good people. I could go on and on about the interent; it is not the real world. There are real people out there and we need to make time to get out and meet them. I know alot of you have kids but you have to believe where there's a will, there's a way. Make time to get out. Again, this is just a cautionary note.

Remember why we all joined this site to begin with. WE LOVE DISNEY!!

This post may be a few weeks after the last one but still, you should read this.

I don't watch reality TV (reality TV to me would be the 6 o'clock news) and I don't do online dating (I'm a face time kinda guy).

I came to these boards to glean information about Disney and to find out what keeps the average Dissers boat afloat. I've come away with some very positive and helpful stories of YOUR experiences at Disney and your lives at home.

I understand the reasoning for having a solo/singles board is to meet people of similar interests(Disney) in similar situations(singular). What's really sad is this thread brought out some bad qualities in people and may have actually hurt some feelings (I can only conjecture). I stopped reading this thread when the finger pointing started and went to the end to see the resolution.

I'm not going to play Dr. Phil here and tell you how to live your life. What I will tell you is that you need to be very cautious when meeting someone for the first time. I work in the IT Dept for a school district and see some bad stuff happen to good people. I could go on and on about the interent; it is not the real world. There are real people out there and we need to make time to get out and meet them. I know alot of you have kids but you have to believe where there's a will, there's a way. Make time to get out. Again, this is just a cautionary note.

Excellent post. Couldn't agree with you more.

Hmmm...interesting viewpoint. I'm not entirely sure if the intended audience was the single population in general or if warning was aimed at specific individuals. But, interesting viewpoint nonetheless.

What I'm really trying to say in your situation is to be cautious (lol, have I already said this).

There are common sense standards to online dating. The main one is never meet someone one on one, even in a public place. I've been in the education field long enough to see kids get in trouble for something that seemed so innocent. We can't let our own standards slip just because we think we know who's on the other end. This is a lesson we need to teach our kids by living it ourselves.

I'm sure Uncle Paul is a nice guy and so are alot of others with the same intentions, but it's not worth taking a risk , it never is. You need to meet these people in a group setting with others that you trust to watch over you. I know it may sound like a first night romance buster but it needs to be done for your sake and others who learn from you.

All of you can make assumptions about me and my intentions and I don't really care what you think. This is my bit of education to all of you since there are no guidelines set on this board that I see. I'm just tired of people doing stupid things. The internet has changed the face of dating. Sometiimes it wears a mask and you need to be aware of it..... I'll sit back down and shut up.

To do an about face now, I really hope you guys have a great time. I might see you down there. I at least know what Paul looks like.

I fit much of the criterior except I am already happily spooken for.

I do love the eye Candy though. What a hunk.

I am going to have to read the other 19 pages + of this thread. Are there more photos please.

Tigger

So, DisneyDeeva and UPaul, how did it go? I just stumbled on this thread today, and realize that you were meeting at the end of September, a week or two ago, right? Was it a looooooooooove connection???

La Cinque Terre in Liguria, Italy. 10 minute train ride north of La Spezia. have you ever been to italy
the cinque terre are magical, you can't miss them if you're travelling in Liguria! but what about the food? EXCELLENT! Always accompanied by an excellent wine produced in the Cinque Terre! My family and I did a food tour with Do Eat Better, fantastic! At the end of the day we were full of good food! I recommend it! I hope to go back soon!

the cinque terre are magical, you can't miss them if you're travelling in Liguria! but what about the food? EXCELLENT! Always accompanied by an excellent wine produced in the Cinque Terre! My family and I did a food tour with Do Eat Better, fantastic! At the end of the day we were full of good food! I recommend it! I hope to go back soon!
Did you notice yet that the last post on this was in 2008, just a mere 13 years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter