At Asmu now and not very happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Op here, sorry just now getting back to the board. All I wanted to do was vent. And just to clarify, I was not offered to change rooms by management. I just said I didn't want to.. just a vent. Not that I wouldn't have, but I have a back injury and changing rooms, not just because of the location would have been very hard on me physically to have to reload and everything again. The maintenance guy is the one that said they may change my room if they could and if we had to and I just in conversation told him I really didn't want to change, which is when he offered the fans. That's all. I'm not snobby or hard to please and did speak with a manager that actually offered no solution at all. Guess it's not a big deal either that I happen to find blood on the shower curtain in my bathroom when I went to take a shower. Again, went to front desk and all I asked for was for it to be changed out. So, back to the ac problem, it was fixed. Not as cool as I like at home, but better. This was just a vent, that is all. Not sure why some felt the need to be not nice. Everyone on the boards have always been so helpful, that's why I posted.

Op here, sorry just now getting back to the board. All I wanted to do was vent. And just to clarify, I was not offered to change rooms by management. I just said I didn't want to.. just a vent. Not that I wouldn't have, but I have a back injury and changing rooms, not just because of the location would have been very hard on me physically to have to reload and everything again. The maintenance guy is the one that said they may change my room if they could and if we had to and I just in conversation told him I really didn't want to change, which is when he offered the fans. That's all. I'm not snobby or hard to please and did speak with a manager that actually offered no solution at all. Guess it's not a big deal either that I happen to find blood on the shower curtain in my bathroom when I went to take a shower. Again, went to front desk and all I asked for was for it to be changed out. So, back to the ac problem, it was fixed. Not as cool as I like at home, but better. This was just a vent, that is all. Not sure why some felt the need to be not nice. Everyone on the boards have always been so helpful, that's why I posted.
With all due respect the details you are giving the Boards now are of a very different tone and have different information than your original post. Understand that people were reacting to what your original post said.

With all due respect the details you are giving the Boards now are of a very different tone and have different information than your original post. Understand that people were reacting to what your original post said.
Ok didn't mean to do that. I was just venting to people I thought would understand. And in my original post I said I was going to talk to a manager. Not that I had. It was just a vent to fellow diser's that I thought would get that it was a bad way to start a trip? Don't we all vent sometimes?

I'm sorry...it would've been physically hard on you to reload and everything? Whaaa????
Yes, because I already had all my stuff in the room that was carried from my vehicle and was very hard on my already injured back. That is all. I've had 7 surgeries in the last 3 years, so yes to load up all my things again would have been physically hard.

Yes, because I already had all my stuff in the room that was carried from my vehicle and was very hard on my already injured back. That is all. I've had 7 surgeries in the last 3 years, so yes to load up all my things again would have been physically hard.

Do they not have Bell Services at ASMU?

In the event you ever do have to move, you can request help from Bell Services. In fact, they'll even help you with your stuff when you check in from the start if you ask. I've had 2 back surgeries, and DH has had 3 knee, 2 shoulder and 1 elbow surgeries and is having a total knee replacement in 3 weeks (and we're heading to SSR in September). We plan on asking for help anytime we need it...don't be shy!

I read the whole thread and I don't see anyone beating up the OP. Most were pointing out that the ac fix might not be easy so the guy didn't want to commit to having it repaired while they're at dinner.

Would it be better to be lied to?

I didn't read the responses as rude at all. Sometimes we build up the idea of a perfect Disney vacation in our minds. Then when the reality of a closed favorite attraction, or a 40 minute bus wait, or a broken AC unit happens, we don't handle it very well. I think the posts were encouraging her to make the best choice for her family given the current situation. And, I hope everything is resolved and she is happily enjoying her trip!

Everybody loves to vent. Frankly that aspect isn't an issue. What others were pointing out is the OP's own words:
"And we don't want to change rooms, got our room request, and location is exactly what I wanted. He even offered to bring fans! Um no, im on vacation and the air should work right."

The response that I saw as being particularly nasty has been taken down.

But you don't find it rude to call people on this thread who clearly aren't trolls, trolls?
It was one response that I thought quite troll like, but has been taken down. I was by no means calling everyone who disagreed with poster a troll. I'm sorry I gave that impression.
I do get sick of the snark from some posts, on the boards, people saying things they would never (maybe) say to someone's face.

That stinks I would have changed rooms and asked for something in return... They usually go out of their way to make you happy

In the event you ever do have to move, you can request help from Bell Services. In fact, they'll even help you with your stuff when you check in from the start if you ask. I've had 2 back surgeries, and DH has had 3 knee, 2 shoulder and 1 elbow surgeries and is having a total knee replacement in 3 weeks (and we're heading to SSR in September). We plan on asking for help anytime we need it...don't be shy!
Thank you! I had no idea about Bell Services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!