At Asmu now and not very happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommyaof2

DIS Veteran
First of all, very frustrated!! Got to the room and thought the air wasn't working good, so called front desk. They sent someone. He told us that it wasn't cooling properly. It was set on 68 and said it was 78 in the room. He was very nice and said that someone would "try" to come fix it. We had an adr so had to leave and are hoping its fixed when we get back. Very upset because he said he couldn't guarantee that it could be fixed? And we don't want to change rooms, got our room request, and location is exactly what I wanted. He even offered to bring fans! Um no, im on vacation and the air should work right. I plan on talking to the manager when we get back from eating, but it's very upsetting to have to deal with this the first day and instead of going to bed dealing with this and maybe having to change rooms tonight. Thanks for letting me vent!

We had an AC problem at WL last week (cycled on/off every two minutes). I mentioned it to the front desk the next morning, and while we were at MK maintenance replaced the old thermostat with a modern one, and the manager sent us an apology note with a box of chocolates. I am sure they will make it right.

I say take the fans for tonight and see what happens tomorrow. If your planning on going to the park see if it is fixed after your park visit. If it is not working go back and talk to the manager. I know you don't want to move but you may have to if it takes to long.

I hope they are able to fix it for you but I guess at least you noticed it now rather than in the middle of the night with everyone in their jammies! :D Fingers crossed for you that they can fix it!

OP sorry this happened on vacation but unfortunately AC units can breakdown and sometimes the fix isn't quick. As AngiTN says you may only have the choice of dealing with fans for the night or moving. Our unit at home was working fine one day and then not on the next. Fortunately it was a simple part that needed to be replaced but if it had been something more it could have been the next day before it gets fixed. Sadly the same thing can happen at a hotel.

I wouldn't let that frustrate me. Crap happens. And I can't live without AC so if it couldn't be fixed I would be gladly moving to wherever they have AC!
The temps here in Florida have been getting into the 90's and the humidity is rising. AC is a must for those temps. I hope the OP can change rooms. I can't imagine being in the parks with this heat and coming back to a warm room.

Have you ever had to have your air conditioning fixed at home? Someone comes out, looks at it, has to find the part, may not have it in stock himself, gets it overnighted, it shows up Tuesday...

It's not quite as easy as swapping out a mini fridge from inventory.

If you want to be sweaty in the perfect location, that's a choice. If you want decent AC and move, that is also a choice. Having the room you're in be fixable quickly is not a choice you or the GM can make.

Depending what type of A/C units are at the All Stars, but the fix might not take that long. Once at POFQ, our A/C unit spontaneously self destructed, complete with nasty burning rubber smell and no cool air whatsoever. It was one of those self-contained under-window units. The maintenance person came and confirmed that it was dead, then fetched another complete unit and simply swapped them out. The whole process took less than an hour.

Hope your solution is as easy and that you have a wonderful vacation!

I'm not sure what you want them to do? Things break down, especially things that are used as much as an AC unit at a hotel in Florida. They will have someone look at it but until they know the exact issue they can not guarantee how long it may be before a fix can be done. What if a part needs to be ordered?

They gave you two options. Move or they will bring fans. You refused both even though they are both logical and appropriate options. So that's 100% all on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter