Asia Disney Parks closed due to Coronavirus (SHDL, HKDL, TDL)

It has up to a 14 day incubation period. It is way too early for you to be able to draw this conclusion. The first outside of china cases are still within that period.
Also, they are healthier by virtue of the fact that they can travel, and are being taken care of in facilities that aren't overcrowded, by personnel who aren't overworked, with supplies that aren't overstretched. There are lot of advantages to being one of the few cases in the country.

The first US person, the one near Seattle, was released today and remains in isolation at home. It didn't say for how long or why since he was in the hospital 2 weeks.

The news the other day also said one of our major Seattle hospitals has a team that will/has made house calls to those that may be infected. They urged the public to call in rather that going to the hospital/dr office, either to get a house call or so arrangements can be made prior to arrival. No word on whether any one else has tested positive but I'm guessing not since they haven't said someone has.

Called to make an appt for my annual physical and the first thing she asked was if I'd been out of the country in the past 2 weeks. Granted I'm in the Seattle area but this wasn't a question 2 weeks ago when I first tried to make the appt.

I work for a hospital and we’ve been asking that for 3 years now on the inpatient and outpatient sides.

The US might be able to restrict travel from China, but we can't restrict travel from the whole world. 1 mil Chinese work in Africa, and the main airline to transport them, Ethiopian, has not curtailed flights. There are probably outbreaks there now, but with the poor health care infrastructure, we won't even know it for awhile.

Last edited:
I am booked on a cruise for March. We have received correspondence concerning how they will handle this situation. They will not allow anyone to board who has traveled to or from Mainland China or Hong Kong 2 weeks prior to the cruise. Also, anyone with passports from these places will not be allowed to board. They will also not allow anyone on who is visibly ill. I know there is no way for them to be sure, but at least its a precaution. They also stated that while on board they will offer free medical checks for anyone feeling ill. This is Royal Caribbean. I know things can change in the next 4 weeks, but I'm hoping things settle down as time goes on.

I am booked on a cruise for March. We have received correspondence concerning how they will handle this situation. They will not allow anyone to board who has traveled to or from Mainland China or Hong Kong 2 weeks prior to the cruise. Also, anyone with passports from these places will not be allowed to board. They will also not allow anyone on who is visibly ill. I know there is no way for them to be sure, but at least its a precaution. They also stated that while on board they will offer free medical checks for anyone feeling ill. This is Royal Caribbean. I know things can change in the next 4 weeks, but I'm hoping things settle down as time goes on.
I was hoping for a DCL in May... Finger crossed that the warm weather will start killing the virus by then
I'm more concerned about my husband having to travel to Singapore for work!

I was hoping for a DCL in May... Finger crossed that the warm weather will start killing the virus by then
I'm more concerned about my husband having to travel to Singapore for work!
I would be too. I hope he returns healthy.

I pray my friends and I are unaffected by this terrible illness. We could cancel. I hate to, but we have to weigh it all out. One of my friends is a serious germophobe. She will openly admit it. I'm not sure if she will be able to get past the risks. I, on the other hand, am pretty laid back about most things. We will see as it gets closer.

I work for a hospital and we’ve been asking that for 3 years now on the inpatient and outpatient sides.

I've been asked once at the doctor appointment but this was the first time I was asked when making an appointment which to me is a huge difference.

I would be too. I hope he returns healthy.

I pray my friends and I are unaffected by this terrible illness. We could cancel. I hate to, but we have to weigh it all out. One of my friends is a serious germophobe. She will openly admit it. I'm not sure if she will be able to get past the risks. I, on the other hand, am pretty laid back about most things. We will see as it gets closer.
Read the fine print on your trip insurance policy. Folks are already getting turned down by their trip insurance companies, even when the destination has declared a public health emergency.
I've been asked once at the doctor appointment but this was the first time I was asked when making an appointment which to me is a huge difference.
It is a huge difference. The reason why they're asking you in advance is because if you have flu symptoms, they'll either send you to a special waiting area or will send someone to come check you out at home. Sitting in a crowded waiting room is about the worst thing for a coronavirus patient to do. Not that you have that, of course. :o

Meanwhile, this doesn't seem very good at all: https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-...least-three-cases-among-4000-passengers-china

Last edited:
Wow another cruise in Hong Kong quarantined. And the Japanese one has 10 positive cases on board 😳

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200205_071835_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200205_071835_com.android.chrome.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 21
Wow another cruise in Hong Kong quarantined. And the Japanese one has 10 positive cases on board 😳
Is this the same one? https://www.usatoday.com/story/trav...e-quarantined-passenger-diagnosed/4625907002/

This is insane. They're keeping 3500 people on a ship where 12 people tested positive for coronavirus? The ship could be crawling with the virus by now. Or are they confining people to their staterooms- for two weeks?

These poor souls should be taken off the ship and quarantined somewhere else- instead, who knows how many are going to be infected.

I'm sorry, but I don't think I could go on any kind of cruise right now. This is appalling.

Is this the same one? https://www.usatoday.com/story/trav...e-quarantined-passenger-diagnosed/4625907002/

This is insane. They're keeping 3500 people on a ship where 12 people tested positive for coronavirus? The ship could be crawling with the virus by now. Or are they confining people to their staterooms- for two weeks?

These poor souls should be taken off the ship and quarantined somewhere else- instead, who knows how many are going to be infected.

I'm sorry, but I don't think I could go on any kind of cruise right now. This is appalling.
No one is in Japan the other is in Hong Kong so there are currently two ships in quarantine with thousands of people on it.
Must be awful to be blocked there thinking that you might be the next to catch up the virus.

No one is in Japan the other is in Hong Kong so there are currently two ships in quarantine with thousands of people on it.
Must be awful to be blocked there thinking that you might be the next to catch up the virus.
I'd be pretty scared, especially if I were older (which it seems many of these folks are). And they're not staying in their state rooms. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/05/world/asia/japan-coronavirus-cruise-ship.html
Once a virus gets a toehold on a cruise ship, it usually spreads through it like wildfire. I wonder how many epidemiology papers are going to be written about these two ships when it's all said and done?

I'd be pretty scared, especially if I were older (which it seems many of these folks are). And they're not staying in their state rooms. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/05/world/asia/japan-coronavirus-cruise-ship.html
Once a virus gets a toehold on a cruise ship, it usually spreads through it like wildfire. I wonder how many epidemiology papers are going to be written about these two ships when it's all said and done?

I think that this situation makes me think twice to ever book an inside stateroom. Be blocked in a room without window for 2 weeks must not be fun!

My parents are leaving Saturday for a cruise from Puerto Rico. They have received documents from the cruise company that no one who has been in Hong Kong or China in the last month will be allowed on board. Neither will anyone with a fever, and that they will be checked at boarding by medical staff. The cruise company is going by passports and offering full refunds and credits on future cruises for those barred. Unfortunately there isn't a way to tell who was coughed on by someone in the airport on their way to the cruise by someone who was in Hong Kong or China, but give the company credit for taking some dramatic, and expensive, steps. I think they realize their industry is under the microscope.

My parents are a bit concerned, but they are still going. They did say that if it was an Asian area cruise, which they have done in the past though not in a year or two, they would not go. But they feel comfortable with the odds on a Caribbean cruise. I tend to agree, though at their ages I might be more concerned than mine.

My parents are leaving Saturday for a cruise from Puerto Rico. They have received documents from the cruise company that no one who has been in Hong Kong or China in the last month will be allowed on board. Neither will anyone with a fever, and that they will be checked at boarding by medical staff. The cruise company is going by passports and offering full refunds and credits on future cruises for those barred. Unfortunately there isn't a way to tell who was coughed on by someone in the airport on their way to the cruise by someone who was in Hong Kong or China, but give the company credit for taking some dramatic, and expensive, steps. I think they realize their industry is under the microscope.

My parents are a bit concerned, but they are still going. They did say that if it was an Asian area cruise, which they have done in the past though not in a year or two, they would not go. But they feel comfortable with the odds on a Caribbean cruise. I tend to agree, though at their ages I might be more concerned than mine.
Yes but the thing is that there are currently more cases in Singapore and Thailand than in Hong Kong, but no one is doing anything about those countries.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200205_144110_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200205_144110_com.android.chrome.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 15
Yes but the thing is that there are currently more cases in Singapore and Thailand than in Hong Kong, but no one is doing anything about those countries.
Scary isn't it? I'm not sure if they are blocking off those countries or not right now. My parents only mentioned Hong Kong and China but I didn't see the paperwork. We will see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter