Artist Point

Hmmm. I don't doubt that Emilio is sincere; however, I'm not buying what he's selling. I've made two serious inquiries both to Thea Sargent and George Kalogridis (as well as the AP manager), and not one of them or their guest relations CMs have disavowed anything. I was very pointed in my correspondence with them, and both times I've gotten the party line about not believing rumors and thanking me for my passion re: AP. The fact remains that AP closes on 28 October since no ADRs are available after that. They have not officially announced any refurbishment (I checked their Disney blog). They have not announced when AP will reopen (no reservations available after 28 Oct). They have not said that there would not be a character meal at AP. And Emilio didn't actually say there would no changes to AP. No, he said "as of this email" there were no planned changes which he could easily play off as not knowing of any plans.

Now, if indeed they wind up staying the course, going with the status quo with merely some refurbishment and revamping the experience, I'll be the first to stand up on a soap box and proclaim they did the right thing, that they saw the light, that they understand the importance of AP in the overall picture of deluxe resorts, DVC, and WL itself. I HOPE that's something I'll have to do. However, until I see it or get a personal guarantee by a well-placed suit, I'm uneasy with the direction I see them proceeding.

I feel uneasy about the whole thing too. I honestly dont think Emilio has all of the information...its quite clear. So his email didnt reassure me at all. Although reading his words carefully, he did say "we have no plans to make changes to our splendid signature dining EXPERIENCE at AP". He used the word experience...if i read between the lines i would think that means that no, they wont turn it into a character meal. :teeth: Anyway, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. All we can do.

I feel uneasy about the whole thing too. I honestly dont think Emilio has all of the information...its quite clear. So his email didnt reassure me at all. Although reading his words carefully, he did say "we have no plans to make changes to our splendid signature dining EXPERIENCE at AP". He used the word experience...if i read between the lines i would think that means that no, they wont turn it into a character meal. :teeth: Anyway, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. All we can do.
I do so hope what he told you is correct--would make me very happy!

Let's look at the OFFICIAL reply?

"However, you are correct on the other two restaurants, Whispering Canyon Cafe and Geyser Point Bar & Grill. Breakfast at Geyser Point was always meant to be temporary"

So - Whispering Canyon, in entirety, is temporary. Not good. Official Response Received.

I'm just going to keep checking and praying. We have a December trip and not having AP available for that time frame seems utterly ridiculous. Keeping my fingers crossed!

We've booked for the 28th October (same day we land, so I'm going to be tiiiiiired - but I need to go there on honeymoon!!). Will let you guys know if I can glean any gossip from them...

Whoops - ignore the above, just read the thread again, great news, have been able to book for a better date! :D

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter