Are you going to pay $15 for Max Pass?

Max Pass at $15

• Still gonna pay it!

Votes: 164 82.4%
  • It's priced me out!

Votes: 35 17.6%

• Total voters
Nope. Can you imagine the thousands of angry people just outside that area if they bought a single day ticket and then couldn’t get in because they didn’t pull a “Fastpass”? Cussing and screaming their angry way through ToonTown, Critter Country after being denied any chance at entry for the day... no way. That’s 14 acres that Disney fully intends to pack. Might the area reach capacity? Sure. But I don’t see anyway they force anyone who wants to enter the land to pull FPs just to do so.

To put it into perspective to WDW visitors even Pandora is only 12 acres. SWL is gonna be big.

And where do they put this 6+ hour line to enter the land? Animal Kingdom has the space for that, Disneyland does not. I still stand by my opinion that they will use electronic Maxpass to control entrance to the land, but that is just my opinion.

We will buy it. But we’ve never expirence Disney without it. And Disney knows that. What we will probably do is decide if we need it everyday or not. For a family of 4 to have it everyday of a 5 day trip is $300 bucks. We will deff buy 1 a day for pictures.

I chose "it priced me out," but really, I'm not purchasing it out of pure principle. I'm annoyed. I have a family of 5. This is a big increase when talking 5 people with 3 day tickets. Personally, I don't feel Disney should be charging extra to book on your phone, anyway. WDW doesn't charge extra for FP+ (yet.) The nickle and diming is getting very irritating.
FP+ and MaxPass are very different. NYE 2017 FP+, we got 3 FPs that day that we booked 60 days out and due to it being as busy as it was, we were unable to get anymore. NYE 2018 MP- We were able to pull 7 FP for rides thru the day. And regular FP is available at DL still. "Regular" FP doesn't exist at WDW.

I would like to add it is very likely that for at least the first year, access to Galaxies Edge May be Fastpass only even to enter the land.
Won't work. What happens when I enter on my FP, but don't exit... Then the Fire Marshal declares the land "full" and people with FP can't enter because it is full?

I am curious how DAS will be affected. My DD has always uses it. Will the rules for it will it be the same. I find the way it works now, VERY easy for us. We don't mind pulling regular FP's. My DD actually love to use the machines. We have never used or needed MP and have gone during Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween and last July, and have always been able to do the rides we wanted during our trips. Planning, Patience and bit of lucky pixie dust.

I look at it this way, my family goes every couple of months for 3-4 days. We have Deluxe. After three trips of our scheduled 5-6, the pass is paid for us. We rarely go during the peak times, so the blockout on DL doesn't hurt us. In fact there is ONLY one day we are blocked on one of our upcoming trips and that is the day we will be at D23 anyway, so we can head over CA after if we are up to it. The rest of that trip we are open. MY DD has recently braved the incredi-coaster( her new FAVORITE) and I prefer the most the food in DCA, anyways. We always stay at the Candy Cane or Hojo, which have FREE parking and very easy walks or shuttle, and are LOADS cheaper then the Disney hotels, without sacrificing anything in my opinion.

I guess what I saying, is it's about your planning and what is important to you and your family that will decide if the price increases make sense. To us Disney is our relaxing place. We park the car, and don't worry about the real world for a few days.

Um no.

I've been debating getting it for $10 a pop without decent WiFi. The idea of waiting in line at the beginning of my day instead of exploring the park is the opposite of what I want to do. Isn't the point to not wait in line? (We already bought tickets through our TA.)

Now that they have raised the price by 50%, my decision has been made for me. I will find a much better way to spend $90.

And where do they put this 6+ hour line to enter the land? Animal Kingdom has the space for that, Disneyland does not. I still stand by my opinion that they will use electronic Maxpass to control entrance to the land, but that is just my opinion.
They’ll snake it through the park. DL is much more clever about crowd management than WDW due to their limited space.

We went and got it on one pass for the pictures. For us it doesn’t make sense. There is 7 of us but we ride all the rides, not just the headliners. I think if we had Maxpass it would dictate what we do more.

We went and got it on one pass for the pictures. For us it doesn’t make sense. There is 7 of us but we ride all the rides, not just the headliners. I think if we had Maxpass it would dictate what we do more.

I agree. Once we are in the park, except for a few dinner reservation like Blue Bayou, we a very go with flow. We go back and forth between parks all day. I also LOVE not being tied to my phone. For us this is about unplugging. We prefer the walking, know the shortcuts and enjoy the people watching.

Our favorite is Jungle Cruise at late night. Big thunder right before the fireworks go off, or Grizzly rapids right before lunch back at the hotel.

What do you mean by you got it "for the pictures"?

Um no.

I've been debating getting it for $10 a pop without decent WiFi. The idea of waiting in line at the beginning of my day instead of exploring the park is the opposite of what I want to do. Isn't the point to not wait in line? (We already bought tickets through our TA.)

Now that they have raised the price by 50%, my decision has been made for me. I will find a much better way to spend $90.
I’m not sure if you missed my reply to you yesterday, but you don’t stand in line to get Maxpass. You buy it on the app.

I would absolutely still buy it, especially for a single day visit. If I were to visit the parks for more than a single day, I would probably consider limiting it to one day, and base any additional days on crowds/wait times/general FB availability/return times. But an additional $5 really doesn't make a difference for me, and should only significantly impact large groups over lengthy stays, I'd think.

I’m not sure if you missed my reply to you yesterday, but you don’t stand in line to get Maxpass. You buy it on the app.
Thanks. Another poster said that if you don’t buy it ahead of time, you have to get it when you arrive at Guest Services and wait in line. Someone else posted that MP enables you to get FP one after the other without waiting 90 minutes in between. There’s a lot of misinformation out there, and as a newbie to DL, it’s very frustrating.

Either way, it’s not for us.

Thanks. Another poster said that if you don’t buy it ahead of time, you have to get it when you arrive at Guest Services and wait in line. Someone else posted that MP enables you to get FP one after the other without waiting 90 minutes in between. There’s a lot of misinformation out there, and as a newbie to DL, it’s very frustrating.

Either way, it’s not for us.
People have been talking about adding on days to tickets and switching regular tickets to ticket promotions mixed in. If you need MP only info I suggest going to the MP super thread which has info that you would need.

I am on the fence now about maxpass... I originally planned to buy it along park tickets end of January to lock in that 10$ price before Disney increases the price...
Well, that didn’t work out... so now the thinking progress and calculations start...
We might go for the start of Christmas time so it will be packed probably... but we might just wanna enjoy the atmosphere some days and don’t need maxpass for that... so we’d probably just buy it for 3-4 days for a 5day trip...
Or we still buy it ahead of time for days just in case Disney increases or changes something for SWGE... :confused3
just when I thought had something planned through ...:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter