Are you going to pay $15 for Max Pass?

Max Pass at $15

• Still gonna pay it!

Votes: 164 82.4%
  • It's priced me out!

Votes: 35 17.6%

• Total voters
I will totally pay. We just got back from 5 days over New Year’s Eve and max passed every ride except pirates and jungle cruise. We rode over 15 rides ON NYE! If we were at Six Fkags it would be over $50 per person per day. We are going to WDW in February and couldn’t get avatar fast passes even trying right when the window opened. So now we have to be there at rope drop, fight the rushing crowd and hope it’s not a 5 hour wait like it was this weekend. Plus FP+ only allows one park at a time and 3 passes. It’s hard to add more during your stay. $15 is still a great deal considers this is a once every other year trip for us

We will add it to our upcoming August trip. We have 4 kids and while it sucks to shell out even more money, it was just so convenient and required so much less running. It was worth it. We may have to forgo a 2nd character meal but that's okay. This is our last trip for at least two years and we love to ride the rides so it's worth it to me.

I will definitely still purchase MP for other in my party (already have it on my AP). I think it depends a little on the composition of your party and how you like to tour the parks. My kids are at the ages now where its much more about rides than shows or characters. MP is invaluable for a ride heavy day at DLR, IMO.

I really don't think this is going to make a huge difference in how many people purchase MP. Only a fraction of guests will know it used to be $10-most folks aren't even going to be going through the "that's a 50% price increase, no way" logic. It's still cheaper than other "queue jumping/shortening" offerings at other theme parks. I know its not exactly the same as some of those, but its similar.

We were debating buying it for one person in our party or buying photopass, I will need to recalculate the options.
There is no way I am spending another $15 for the 5 of us, it really is of the parks become unmanageable without it, that is my line in the sand, same reason we stopped going to universal.
I know they arent the same exact system but I see no reason for FP+ which is arguably a superior system and have to pay for Maxpass.

We'll definitely use it. We have a large group (13ppl) that includes several first timers and we're only there for two days (A Sunday & Monday in July) on our way to Maui, so we want to maximize our time as much as possible. We bought our tickets through LMT (at the old price) and, luckily, the price differential covers the cost of MaxPass.

My plan was to see if it was busy enough to warrant paying the extra $10 pp after we got there (going on a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday end of January). But there are 17 of us so now at $15 pp I don't see that happening.

We were debating buying it for one person in our party or buying photopass, I will need to recalculate the options.
There is no way I am spending another $15 for the 5 of us, it really is of the parks become unmanageable without it, that is my line in the sand, same reason we stopped going to universal.
I know they arent the same exact system but I see no reason for FP+ which is arguably a superior system and have to pay for Maxpass.
Agreed. I balked when I found out DL charged extra for their upgraded FP sytem since I'm much more familiar with WDW, and as of yet they don't charge for FP+. (Yes, I know they are completely different systems.) I happily get up at 6:00 a.m. the date I can make my FP+ selections to secure my top pics and I was already debating if I would get maxpass at $10 per person per day for my 5 person family. Now it's gone up another $5/person in the 2 months since I started planning this trip! I really, really hope this isn't a sign that WDW will soon start the nickle and diming on their park tickets. They've already started it with their resorts since adding the parking fee. :(

Going with my family of three in March/April for 10 days and will still get it.
Going to cost as an arm and a leg especially with how crap our Aussie to American dollar rates are but meh. Likely be around the $800US mark now :guilty:

And I will chime in to say, we still would have paid the $15 price but I would have done it grudgingly (yeah, I know, Disney will take my money whether I smile or not).

But there are only two of us. If I had a bigger family I probably wouldn't.

I just like the convenience of being able to get a fast pass for Radiator Springs Racers in DCA while I'm all the way over at IASW.

Nope. Can you imagine the thousands of angry people just outside that area if they bought a single day ticket and then couldn’t get in because they didn’t pull a “Fastpass”? Cussing and screaming their angry way through ToonTown, Critter Country after being denied any chance at entry for the day... no way. That’s 14 acres that Disney fully intends to pack. Might the area reach capacity? Sure. But I don’t see anyway they force anyone who wants to enter the land to pull FPs just to do so.

To put it into perspective to WDW visitors even Pandora is only 12 acres. SWL is gonna be big.

Pandora At WDW had these issues. People are sorely mistaken if they think that Star Wars land will be accessible to the average park goer.

You can do regular FP, it is free, and it is still superior to FP+.
As much as I dislike fast pass plus. I’m going to disagree. MaxPass I like, I’d pay more for that. Legacy fast pass against MaxPass- I don’t like those odds. My 60 day window is coming up for Spring Break, so maybe my opinion will change.

Agreed. I balked when I found out DL charged extra for their upgraded FP sytem since I'm much more familiar with WDW, and as of yet they don't charge for FP+. (Yes, I know they are completely different systems.) I happily get up at 6:00 a.m. the date I can make my FP+ selections to secure my top pics and I was already debating if I would get maxpass at $10 per person per day for my 5 person family. Now it's gone up another $5/person in the 2 months since I started planning this trip! I really, really hope this isn't a sign that WDW will soon start the nickle and diming on their park tickets. They've already started it with their resorts since adding the parking fee. :(
I feel the same way.

Yes we will buy it for our trip at March; it's going to be busy and Maxpass worked well for us last time (over Christmas 2017). We are only going to the parks for 1 day this time (at the end of a cruise before flying home) so we want to max our ride time as much as possible. Doesn't mean I'm happy about paying more though. :sad2:

Is MaxPass really that necessary? I went to DL in June 2017, before this was implemented. And I'm young and fit so I can still easily just go around and collect the old paper FPs.

Is MaxPass really that necessary? I went to DL in June 2017, before this was implemented. And I'm young and fit so I can still easily just go around and collect the old paper FPs.

But it's so nice when you are waiting in your fast pass line and you get another fast pass on your phone or when you are eating at a restaurant.

Pandora At WDW had these issues. People are sorely mistaken if they think that Star Wars land will be accessible to the average park goer.

What did Pandora do? What if you don't want to ride, but just look around the land and shops? I am curious if it will be REALLY busy in the summer, relax smidgen in Sept and Oct and then ramp up again for the movie premiere and holidays. IF Mickey's Halloween Parties stay over at Disney...How will that increase how fast those tickets get sold-out, for chance to go there under less crowded conditions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter