Are those of you hoping for AP rate, still getting DC with the new policies.

Shelly

<font color=green>Doesn't know that anyone can be
Please help me decide, I'm hoping for AP rates, but would like to lock in DC rates now. But there
are so many new pre payment and cancellations policies I'm not sure if this is wise.
I am so ~confused~. What are you doing? please help me understand.

poohbee.gif

I'd like to know as well. I'm waiting for AP rates for May. However, I joined DC a few months ago, but I'm not sure about policies regarding payment. Are you required to pay the entire amount at the time of booking to receive the DC discount? Anyone?

Thanks,

polylog.jpg

Walt Disney World: '95(DL) '98(DL) '99(CS) '00(Poly) '00(PO) '00(Poly)

I am going in March (I have both AP and DC) and have gotten DC 10% off the Poly (only deluxes have DC discounts in prime time!) I called last night to ask what would happen if I should be so lucky to get an AP rate. The CM I talked to said that their systems do not cross over, so I would have to book the AP rate, then cancel the DC rate. I said, "I have a 45 day prior for cancellation--what happens if an AP rate comes up after the 45 days" She asked me to hold on a moment, then came back. I had booked November 5, and the policy for Walt Disney Travel (which now does the DC bookings) was 45 days. However it has been changed to 21 days for DC members. So now I have until March 1 for full payment. (DC policy is $200 down payment no matter what the cost and full payment 21 days out) I'll be there March 22-26, and it's a good bet they will know by March 1 if they are full up or not. The CM also told my that she has seen the AP rate extended to March 10, but usually not much beyond that. Still, I can hope!! So that seems to be how it will work. What happens to my initial $200, I didn't ask. I charged it to my Disney card, so I assume they would just credit it back.

brerrab03.jpg
<font color=red><font face="Comic Sans MS"><marquee direction="right" align="middle" behavior="alternate">proud member of the Danettes</marquee></font></font><font color=maroon><font face="Comic Sans MS">CBR October 1994
<font color=green>Treehouse January 2000
<font color=orange>ASMusic November 2000
<font color=dark pink>Polynesian March 2001</font></font>

Sue,
I have a res in DL for a week starting March 10th.
Is the $174 room rate about the best I can expect for that time of year?

Thanks
Magic

Shelley, it's interesting that you posted this. I just got off the phone with CRO to book ressies for CSR for Oct27-Nov3. I already made these reservations through the DC a few days ago, but was so nervous about them that I woke up this morning thinking if I could get the same reservation through CRO that that's what I would do. First of all, I couldn't get a DC discount for the time I wanted to go, so the price is the same no matter what. Secondly, I am hoping for an AP discount, and was concerned that I wouldn't be able to book with an AP discount if it became available after the cut-off date for cancellation through the DC. Third, the DC requires a $200 deposit per ressie, and I needed two rooms, that's $400 down, whereas CRO only requires the first night deposit, which is $149 per room. Fourth, the DC wouldn't let me book two rooms, they made me do two seperate ressies, and wouldn't let me put my name on both, saying I wouldn't be able to sleep in two rooms, so they made me put one ressie in my son's name! They wouldn't even let me put my husband's name on the other ressie, because I gave his name as the other adult in my room. The reason I book two rooms is because my children are 15, 20, and 21, and therefore, one room is not adequate. On the other hand, CRO allowed me to book two rooms on one reservation. I'm just more comfortable keeping my ressie through CRO. Maybe if I had gotten a good discount through the DC I wouldn't have changed, but if the price is the same, the hassle isn't worth it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter