Are They Kidding??? Some People!!!

We have a neighbor who bought some fancy programmable lights on his house and they stay up all year round. They were programmed to be Green for St. Patricks Day. Orange for Halloween. Red White and Blue for July 4th, etc.
A product called "gem lighting", which is built-in to the soffits of new homes under construction, is starting to be a fairly common upgrade on our houses. They can be programmed via mobile device/app for all sorts of colours and sequences and with the addition of built-in speakers on the exterior, can also coordinate a lights/music display. All-in, it's about a $3,000.00 touch. In 2022, more of our customers bought this upgrade than they did central A/C. :laughing:

. All-in, it's about a $3,000.00 touch. In 2022, more of our customers bought this upgrade than they did central A/C. :laughing:
LOL. I have a cousin with a very nice house on Elbow Valley Lake in Calgary. We had a family reunion at his house about 15 years ago, and it was pretty warm. A mutual cousin (from Ottawa) commented that he had "a million dollar house but was too cheap to spring for central AC"

We have a neighbor who bought some fancy programmable lights on his house and they stay up all year round. They were programmed to be Green for St. Patricks Day. Orange for Halloween. Red White and Blue for July 4th, etc.
now that I love! I'm always so sad when the winter holidays end....love the decorations

A product called "gem lighting", which is built-in to the soffits of new homes under construction, is starting to be a fairly common upgrade on our houses. They can be programmed via mobile device/app for all sorts of colours and sequences and with the addition of built-in speakers on the exterior, can also coordinate a lights/music display. All-in, it's about a $3,000.00 touch. In 2022, more of our customers bought this upgrade than they did central A/C. :laughing:
Ohhh if I was rebuilding again I would go for this..
but I’m never building again..

Their house their rules. They are paying the electric bill so it's their business. I think it's wonderful to celebrate anything these days so I say go for it. Put up those Halloween/Turkey Day/Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza/anything else decorations!

Celebrate!

Just looked this up… Gemstone lighting… It has the potential to really irritate the neighbors but I love it.

I’m looking at the white and multi-colored strands of lights decorating my neighbor’s house right now. They’re for Diwali.

This would be worth every penny, IMO.

I have to say - I'm normally a Thanksgiving weekend guy but this year, I've been in the mood to put them up early.

One thing about this is the weather sure feels like Christmas and it is sure the perfect time, especially before it starts snowing and if you are going to go big on decorations and lights or even have a big light show. As for me, I also start play Christmas music on the piano and listening to Christmas music this time of year. Both, Thanksgiving and Christmas go hand in hand and have the very same meaning of love, giving, and being thankful and grateful.

Oh....Diwali !!
That explains all the "Christmas" lights we're seeing in our neighborhood. For whatever reason, this year almost nobody has Halloween stuff out -- not even a pumpkin. But there are quite a few with the festive colored lights. They're nice. I'll take it.

October 30. A few blocks from me. Before Halloween!!! :sad2:

View attachment 714966

At least last year they waited until about November 8th or so.

Would it be OK to go back and throw eggs? After all, it <<IS>> Mischief Night.:teeth:
A lot of people are going through rough times right now, especially kids. If this helps them feel better I'm happy for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter