Are they changing Tutto Italia?

I had and LOVED the Tagliolini con Granchio, Pomodorini Alle Erbe - tagliolini pasta topped with crabmeat, sweet tomato and garlic, abosolutely the best pasta I have EVER had!! DH had the Costoletta Di Maiale - grilled pork chop with broccoli rabe and "mostarda di mele Campanine", tender and moist, and the green were fantastic, something we never seem to eat enough of on vacation!

You just set me to DROOLING! I hope that is on the menu when we go in a few weeks!!

On a whim, made last minute ADRs while we were there in Oct. It was wonderful-- one of the best meals of the trip. Our waiter was delightful-- it was his last day and we were his last table! He even took a picture with us for his scrapbook.

We overheard two tables raving about the food. One young man, about 12, asked to see the Chef because his chicken parm was the best he ever had in his life. I thought that was so sweet!

My daughter actually ate her food at this restaurant, although she skipped the fried mozzarella app-- great for me and DH b/c they were awesome!

I had Tagliatelle alla Primavera-- pasta in cream sauce with fresh veggies. It's my favorite pasta dish and this did not disappoint. My husband had the grilled pork chop and it was great.

I'm from NJ too and I've had plenty of good, pricey Italian food. This was really top notch and I wouldn't hesitate to return!

The decor was beautiful and plush. Just very elegant.

This restaurant gets rave reviews and I am not understanding it. It seems like it is mostly $25 pasta choices. What does everyone get here that makes it so good? (I am interested in entree choices mostly.)

I am in NJ & you can get good Italian food mostly anywhere.

People keep saying they were going to change it but if I could sell a plate of macaroni for $25 I wouldn't change anything!

I have to laugh, because I kind of feel the same way.

We've gone there twice. The first time the menu was different and it was really good. They had some really different and delicious appetizers like mussels and sweet and sour veal meatballs that were excellent. I can't recall exactly what we ate for entrees then, but my husband had some sort of pork shank (?) that was delicious. I came back here and RAVED about the food because it really was good, and different, and not typical "Olive Garden" type food, and much more authentic that the other Italian options around WDW.
Then we went back, and I was really disappointed. Blame the DDP, or the fact that they are located in the park, but I guess enough people came in expecting the menu to look like Mama Melrose or Tony's, and they changed it. Now the appetizers are mostly salads, salty meats, and minestrone soup. Yawn. Even the entrees remind me of Tony's now.
And I heard someone mention chicken parm on here - that's really an American dish and I truly hope that this restaurant that touted itself as "real authentic" Italian food didn't go there. It's bad enough they added fried calamari on there - really original.

I'm not saying it was bad, just not nearly as good as it was when they first opened.

And PS - I'm Jersey girl too!

We have CP dinner package here in a couple of weeks and am looking forward to it. We live in AZ and the Italian food is just so so. So, if we have the chance to get good stuff in EPCOT we will go for it.

On the other hand, we have some of the best Mexican food in the world right around the corner. Hence, we stay away from that at Disney.

We have CP dinner package here in a couple of weeks and am looking forward to it. We live in AZ and the Italian food is just so so. So, if we have the chance to get good stuff in EPCOT we will go for it.

On the other hand, we have some of the best Mexican food in the world right around the corner. Hence, we stay away from that at Disney.

Yup - I totally agree - a lot of it has to do with perspective...

I won't go to Tutto again, because I have better around my home in NYC/NJ.

Someone from Kansas City will probably not be "wowed" by LeCellier's steak.

People that live on the coast with access to fresh seafood will probably not enjoy the clam bake at Cape May as much as someone in a landlocked state.

Honestly, that's why we end up at a lot of character meals. (My son is still little, so it avoids us standing in lines to meet them as well :thumbsup2 ) Being in/around NYC, I have access to lots of great restaurants...but I do not have Mickey and the gang around here.

Honestly, that's why we end up at a lot of character meals. (My son is still little, so it avoids us standing in lines to meet them as well :thumbsup2 ) Being in/around NYC, I have access to lots of great restaurants...but I do not have Mickey and the gang around here.

That is such a good point. Where I live (Toronto) we are a really multicultural city as well with many many great restaurants, so for me the characters/interactive meals/dinner shows are what is reallly different and special. So I am focussing on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter