Are other tour companies still traveling to level 4 countries?

Why would you want to come here? Most places are COVID-19 hotspots right now. If you get sick or injured, most of the hospitals here have no room or staff help you, tons of folks are crap about getting vaccinated and/or wearing masks. Personally, I'm really nervous about my trip to Utah/New Mexico right now, but it's unfortunately just as bad here in Ohio as it is there. You couldn't pay me to go to Florida or WDW right now.

Sayhello

Just like everyone else on Disboards Disney parks are my happy place and I want to go back to Disneyland California. BUT its just not affecting people like me who want to travel to USA. The travel ban is also affecting thousands of European citizens who live and work in USA. One of my California friends is Irish, and on a work visa. She has not been home to Ireland to see her family since 2019. My neigbours son is married and lives in South Carolina with his American wife and children. He can not come home as again he is on a work visa. Thats just 2 examples.

Travel to America has been a major part of my life for over 20 years and my mental health has suffered due to not being able to travel, BUT the families being separated are a much more important issue.

Interesting reading about Americans travelling to Europe and feeling safe. I wonder do any of you know or care that European tourists have been banned from entry to USA since March 2020. Just leaves a bad taste that you can come here but we can't go to America. Oh well, I'll just keep saving and hope the travel ban will be reversed in 2022!
I am very aware of the restrictions on European visitors to the UK and have been tweeting when I can to POTUS etc., that the US should be opened up to vaccinated European travelers. I really have no idea why they've delayed re-opening so long, and it is upsetting that POTUS won't address the issue. He mostly ignores it when the issue is raised. Many Americans aren't aware of the ban on non-US citizens from Europe that has been in place since early in the pandemic. It is indeed horrible for the families that are affected. I can commiserate as my daughter has been living in the UK the past 4 years. She is home for a few weeks for the first time in a year as she hasn't felt comfortable leaving England with all the changing travel requirements (and didn't want to have to do the quarantine on return which was in place until recently). But at least she had the option of coming home as she is a US citizen. The rules make no sense: US citizens could return from foreign travel with nothing until recently (now all you need is a pre-test) and no vaccination requirement. But fully vaxxed Europeans can't visit here? No logic. Unfortunately, the restriction doesn't seem to garner much US press and there isn't any pressure on POTUS to lift the restrictions from the public. I'm not sure what his reasoning is and it is very frustrating.

We needed a negative COVID PCR test to enter Portugal. I believe they accept the digital vaccine for travelers from the EU instead, but not the US paper vaccine card. Spain accepted our vaccine cards.

They don't accept the CDC vax card? Wth?

And did you need a PCR test for Spain?

They don't accept the CDC vax card? Wth?

And did you need a PCR test for Spain?

Each individual EU country can specify what they will accept from third countries as entry requirements. As stated by PP Portugal do not accept the American CDC cards and require a negative test. All EU countries required by EU Law to accept the EU Digital Cert.

If you are travelling to Europe you need to check the individual entry requirements of the country you plan to visit.

Each individual EU country can specify what they will accept from third countries as entry requirements. As stated by PP Portugal do not accept the American CDC cards and require a negative test. All EU countries required by EU Law to accept the EU Digital Cert.

If you are travelling to Europe you need to check the individual entry requirements of the country you plan to visit.

I'm aware of all that. And I know some countries want neg. certification regardless of vax status. But I'd been under the impression that Portugal was accepting the CDC card despite requiring PCR testing.

I have yet to hear of a country not accepting the CDC card. Requiring testing in addition, yes. But not accepting, no.

I see no justification for any country ignoring the CDC card as proof of vaccination. The CDC is one of the world's leading health agencies.

But maybe I'm just using a different definition of accepting?

I'm aware of all that. And I know some countries want neg. certification regardless of vax status. But I'd been under the impression that Portugal was accepting the CDC card despite requiring PCR testing.

I have yet to hear of a country not accepting the CDC card. Requiring testing in addition, yes. But not accepting, no.

I see no justification for any country ignoring the CDC card as proof of vaccination. The CDC is one of the world's leading health agencies.

But maybe I'm just using a different definition of accepting?

It does not matter what the American CDC is. Its possible Portugal are not accepting the cards as they are not digital like the EU Covid cert and they can not verify the authenticity of the individual cards due to America not having one unified system across all the States like the EU does. Again under EU Law, each individual country can set what they want to accept for entry, so Portugal not accepting the American CDC cards is perfectly within the law.

So just curious. Those of you who have done ABDs (or other tours) during the pandemic, did they ask you to sign a Waiver that you accept the risk that you could catch COVID-19 on their trip, and that you won't sue them or hold them liable for it? I just got a waiver like that from Classic Journeys, and even though I know they're just covering their butts, it made me pause for a bit. I think it was this line that did it to me: "These services are of such value to me [and/or to my child(ren] that I accept the risk of being exposed to, contracting, and/or spreading COVID-19 in order to utilize Provider's services and participate in the tour." After all the *stuff* we've gone through, I'm just not sure why *that* has affected me so much! Thanks!

Sayhello

It does not matter what the American CDC is. Its possible Portugal are not accepting the cards as they are not digital like the EU Covid cert and they can not verify the authenticity of the individual cards due to America not having one unified system across all the States like the EU does. Again under EU Law, each individual country can set what they want to accept for entry, so Portugal not accepting the American CDC cards is perfectly within the law.

No need to get snippy with me. I never said it was against the law or that they didn't have the right to not accept it.

All I said was I see no justification. And I don't. It's dumb to trust digital over paper. Digital is actually less secure. That's why your travel passport and ID must be physical. Really, the idea that we show digital proof of vaccination while everything else we show proof of (identity and citizenship) is physical makes zero sense. We don't need a digital system. We need driver's license style vax cards.

And the US does have a unified system: it's supposed to be the CDC vax card.

The CDC is a larger institution than anything in Europe and while I get not taking non CDC cards, not accepting the CDC card is just nonsensical and adds nothing to making anything safer.

So just curious. Those of you who have done ABDs (or other tours) during the pandemic, did they ask you to sign a Waiver that you accept the risk that you could catch COVID-19 on their trip, and that you won't sue them or hold them liable for it? I just got a waiver like that from Classic Journeys, and even though I know they're just covering their butts, it made me pause for a bit. I think it was this line that did it to me: "These services are of such value to me [and/or to my child(ren] that I accept the risk of being exposed to, contracting, and/or spreading COVID-19 in order to utilize Provider's services and participate in the tour." After all the *stuff* we've gone through, I'm just not sure why *that* has affected me so much! Thanks!

Sayhello
Yes, for Alaska in June we had to sign a Covid waiver. I don’t recall the exact wording,..similar to the stuff at the Park entrances & on the Parks websites, except longer with more legalese, acknowledging and accepting the Covid risk possible during travel.

Yes, for Alaska in June we had to sign a Covid waiver. I don’t recall the exact wording,..similar to the stuff at the Park entrances & on the Parks websites, except longer with more legalese, acknowledging and accepting the Covid risk possible during travel.
Thanks. I figured they probably did. I honestly don't know why it surprised me!

Sayhello

Just like everyone else on Disboards Disney parks are my happy place and I want to go back to Disneyland California. BUT its just not affecting people like me who want to travel to USA. The travel ban is also affecting thousands of European citizens who live and work in USA. One of my California friends is Irish, and on a work visa. She has not been home to Ireland to see her family since 2019. My neigbours son is married and lives in South Carolina with his American wife and children. He can not come home as again he is on a work visa. Thats just 2 examples.

Travel to America has been a major part of my life for over 20 years and my mental health has suffered due to not being able to travel, BUT the families being separated are a much more important issue.

This has made me thankful my brother was satisfied with his permanent residency in the Netherlands instead of revoking his citizenship (neither he nor his girlfriend have any intention on moving back until retirement, if then). We haven't seen them since Xmas 2019 so I'm over the moon, but I do honestly question their sanity leaving an 82% fully vaxed (of those who can be) country to come here right now. The odds of them taking something BACK or being stuck here for a bit is much higher... I can only imagine this is why the border remains somewhat closed.

Are you able to visit any of the other parks instead in the meantime..? I'm sorry you are not able to visit here yet!

Are you able to visit any of the other parks instead in the meantime..? I'm sorry you are not able to visit here yet!

I have been thinking about Disneyland Paris but when I price it up, all I think about is what that money would get me in California. I couldnt even go on one of the Disney Magic UK staycation cruises as they are for UK residents only and Ireland is not part of The UK.

On a side note: the UK doesn’t accept people as vaccinated unless you have their NHS certificate. The US only accepts people as vaccinated if you have any of their own vaccines (Pfizer, Modena, Janssen).

The paperwork to enter definitely gets easier if you count as vaccinated by their standards.

Last edited:

Sayhello
FYI: We had to sign something similar for Tauck.

I have been thinking about Disneyland Paris but when I price it up, all I think about is what that money would get me in California. I couldnt even go on one of the Disney Magic UK staycation cruises as they are for UK residents only and Ireland is not part of The UK.
How many vacation days have you saved up?
You could enter the US by going thru Mexico or any Caribbean/South American country after having stayed there for 2 weeks.
But like pp said, it’s not the safest place to be atm.

No need to get snippy with me. I never said it was against the law or that they didn't have the right to not accept it.

All I said was I see no justification. And I don't. It's dumb to trust digital over paper. Digital is actually less secure. That's why your travel passport and ID must be physical. Really, the idea that we show digital proof of vaccination while everything else we show proof of (identity and citizenship) is physical makes zero sense. We don't need a digital system. We need driver's license style vax cards.

The CDC is a larger institution than anything in Europe and while I get not taking non CDC cards, not accepting the CDC card is just nonsensical and adds nothing to making anything safer.

Rapunzellover,

It is you who is annoyed not BadPinkTink

Their thinking IS Justification under present conditions as they see it.

This week I flew from Dublin to Amsterdam

At check in I had to show My Covid 19 Print out ( Or My Smart Phone version )

This has my full Passport name , Date of birth, And Vaccination Data

Then The Netherlands List of Questions sheet

Then My Passport ( Mine an Irish One ... My wife her Dutch one )

Then My Flight Reservation was dealt with & boarding card issued

On arrival at the Amsterdam Airport Passport point

All my 3 docs were checked before we were allowed entry

SO NO FORMS No Entry

NO MASKS required in the Netherlands

You might think that the CDC Is The greatest It is not .

Where I am right now is 5 miles from the German Border & 60 Miles from the Belgium Border

You need European Covid Card & Passport with you at all times

On a side note: the UK doesn’t accept people as vaccinated unless you have their NHS certificate. The US only accepts people as vaccinated if you have any of their own vaccines (Pfizer, Modena, Janssen).

The paperwork to enter definitely gets easier if you count as vaccinated by their standards.
The UK accepts US vaccine cards.

The UK accepts US vaccine cards.

But apparently still requires testing.

If I'm coming off as annoyed it's because it's confusing as to what's accepted or not and what's accepted but not enough to satisfy requirements... I don't think there's any real logic behind it.

I wish everyone could get on the same page. And these virtual systems are such a terrible idea. I stand by my belief insisting on virtual instead of hard copy cards is not making anything safer. We need ways to create universal, real, secure, passport style hearh cards.

What are you making this claim based on? The European Centre for Disease Control covers a larger population than the CDC and more countries. I cannot find employment numbers for either (if you are claiming that CDC employs more people than "anything in Europe".

What are you making this claim based on? The European Centre for Disease Control covers a larger population than the CDC and more countries. I cannot find employment numbers for either (if you are claiming that CDC employs more people than "anything in Europe".

You are right. I was reading too fast and confusing the European CDC with local, one country based institutions and I meant those one country based institutions when I said anything in Europe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter