• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are kids allowed to walk in the bars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did see one pair of girls who looked borderline for 18 asked for their card at the Quiet Cove pool on the Magic last week. I do not know if someone said something to a CM or if he used his own initiative, but it was very low-key. One girl did not have her card and they opted to leave. They were also very "well-behaved" and not making a ruckus.

That was during the day - but that area is also 18+. So they WILL ask at times.

And while the artists are listed with their performance times, I believe the onus is on you/us to respect the venue. If the venue is listed as adults only after 9, they should not need to specify that in the musician listing. Though on the grid, I am almost positive if it was an adult venue the musicians were in the "Adults" section of the grid.

I think what people are saying is that it might have been empty when you went in, but people here are saying they would have left if the kid was in there because they would not feel comfortable. People might indeed have wanted to go in, have a drink, and listen to the music but didn't because you felt like you had the right to break the rules and allow a kid into an adult area after hours. You have no way of knowing how much you having your kid in there cost them in business because other people saw the kid and left.

If I walked in and wanted a drink and saw a youth there, I wouldn't leave. I'd ask the CM to remove the youth.

I have gotten under the skin of enough people in the past few days, so I didn't want to get involved, but I do have a legitimate question here for you @sefowler1

If you were sitting in the lounge that evening and 30-something year old me walked in, ordered a drink, walked over to your daughter and started hitting on her, what would you do? Would the fact that she were underage suddenly matter then?
I'm not sure that anyone would be ok with "30-something you" hitting on their 18 or 19 year old daughter either.

I'm glad you would and I hope others would too. I hope I would be brave enough to. But I'm a bit non confrontational. I think I'd be afraid of making someone mad.

I would probably try to ask inconspicuously, but barring that (or if nothing happened or I was the only other person there) I would go to guest services. No way of knowing who reported at that point.

I would probably try to ask inconspicuously, but barring that (or if nothing happened or I was the only other person there) I would go to guest services. No way of knowing who reported at that point.

Yes, if the CM in the club did nothing then I would go to guest services. The problem with GS is that they are so busy and can't always correct an issue right away. We've been on 10 cruises and are very familiar with the bar set up, etc. We also have four kids and would never allow the underage ones in an adult area. If Disney is going to be lax about adult areas, then I think they need to change their Vibe club rule back where as long as your were in high school that you could still go into the club at 18. That rule has affected more than one of our kids.

I am VERY familiar with all of the Disney ships - been on all of them (10 cruises). I have cruised as adult only and as a grandparent with a grandchild. We have never taken our grandson into any of the bars. There are plenty of areas on the ship that provide space for
adult/child(ren) to interact and to have a good time. If an adult with children wants an alcoholic drink from a bar, try the Bon Voyage in the lobby, there is plenty of comfortable seating nearby for you and your child to relax and in the evening there is generally live entertainment nearby. Try the Vista Café one deck above the atrium level, lots of comfy seating, and you can hear the entertainment from below and there are even little snacks available in the case. Also, you do not HAVE to go thru the adult district at night, go up or down one deck to avoid the area, there are elevators & stairs outside of the clubs to utilize.
I can guarantee you that if some evening I wanted to hang out in the Teen area or kids clubs (they look like lots of fun), I absolutely would not be permitted in either place. Wouldn't matter if I was well behaved or not.

Maybe what I'm trying saying is that it is a matter of respect for others and for the rules that are in place.

I probably have broken a few rules in my long life, however, I am respectful of other peoples "space" and don't impose myself (or my kids when they were young or now my grandson) into areas where they were/are not supposed to be. It is when we stop showing respect for others and the rules imposed that it becomes an issue.

I am VERY familiar with all of the Disney ships - been on all of them (10 cruises). I have cruised as adult only and as a grandparent with a grandchild. We have never taken our grandson into any of the bars. There are plenty of areas on the ship that provide space for
adult/child(ren) to interact and to have a good time. If an adult with children wants an alcoholic drink from a bar, try the Bon Voyage in the lobby, there is plenty of comfortable seating nearby for you and your child to relax and in the evening there is generally live entertainment nearby. Try the Vista Café one deck above the atrium level, lots of comfy seating, and you can hear the entertainment from below and there are even little snacks available in the case. Also, you do not HAVE to go thru the adult district at night, go up or down one deck to avoid the area, there are elevators & stairs outside of the clubs to utilize.
I can guarantee you that if some evening I wanted to hang out in the Teen area or kids clubs (they look like lots of fun), I absolutely would not be permitted in either place. Wouldn't matter if I was well behaved or not.

Maybe what I'm trying saying is that it is a matter of respect for others and for the rules that are in place.

I probably have broken a few rules in my long life, however, I am respectful of other peoples "space" and don't impose myself (or my kids when they were young or now my grandson) into areas where they were/are not supposed to be. It is when we stop showing respect for others and the rules imposed that it becomes an issue.
::slow clap:: Thank you.

There really is no such thing as a popping in Cove Cafe for a quick drink....it takes time to make a coffee drink or regular drink, even when you are the only one in there. That venue is 18 or older at all times for everyone....that means no kids even if you are just popping in for quick drink to pick up. I have nothing against kids, I love them but there are spaces on board reserved for adults only.

A few times on our last cruise there were parents with kids in strollers in Cove Cafe.
When I was younger (-18), I would stand outside the entryway to Adult's only area while my parents went to Cove Cafe...sucked and I felt weird but we respected the rules and I waited.

except on super bowl sunday haha
Where you on the 2/3 Dream?

Where you on the 2/3 Dream?

I was on the Dream in 2015 for Super Bowl. That lounge area was where they put the big screen and had the wings and such on the snack bar just around the corner. We got engaged in the champagne lounge and saw everyone in their team gear all having a good time.

I was on the Dream in 2015 for Super Bowl. That lounge area was where they put the big screen and had the wings and such on the snack bar just around the corner. We got engaged in the champagne lounge and saw everyone in their team gear all having a good time.
Gotcha, I was on this years Super Bowl. They had 3 different viewing locations (including one just for families) + teen club, but the adults area was where a custom cake and other food was

Kinda shocked about people that would leave a space because someone was breaking the rules...now, that is letting them ruin YOUR time. Said child is said parent's responsibility, and they will have to deal with any language or actions that are deemed inappropriate in the atmosphere. And, it is up to them to do the right thing, and on the CM to enforce the rules, not the fellow vacationers. While I understand the point that a rule is a rule, and I'm not disagreeing on this, why would you leave where you want to be? I am much more concerned with children that act like brats while the parents stand around and allow them to be rude (this is now a MAJOR problem at WDW), rather than a well behaved teen sitting with their parents.

If I went to a bar after 9 and saw a young teen I would walk right out. Adult areas are for adults...period. AT least the 20 something that was drunk was of age and would you want your young daughter around a rude drunk person? Rules are made for everyone, you can't pick and choose which ones to follow.
So you never speed? Cut through the gore? Blow through a stop sign? Take 18 items into the 15 and under line?

We found it more respectful to sit there and provide a body for these performers to entertain rather than waiting for someone who might want a drink, and not like our minor present, to show up. We would have gladly left if someone had objected but no one did. No patrons, not the musicians, and not the bar staff, who made my daughter's favorite coco bally.

And again, unless you watched the door every moment (which would be SUPER disrespectful to the musicians), you don't know that there were not people who would have gone in to buy drinks and listen to the performers who started in but left when they saw a kid sitting there in the ADULT AREA.

We found it more respectful to sit there and provide a body for these performers to entertain rather than waiting for someone who might want a drink, and not like our minor present, to show up. We would have gladly left if someone had objected but no one did. No patrons, not the musicians, and not the bar staff, who made my daughter's favorite coco bally.

So be honest how would you feel if an adult was in the teen club and their answer was well no one stopped me and they even let me have one of the smoothies. I wasn't hurting anyone and no one seemed to mind. I would have left if I was asked too or if I saw a kid leave because they were uncomfortable with an adult being in the club.
If you aren't comfortable with and adult going into the teen areas then you should have your teen respect the rules of the adults only area enforced or not.

I also find it so funny that when people get called out for breaking the rules they turn the tables. Again you won't even admit you broke a rule and that is almost comical at this point because I even provided Disney's direct literature saying it was indeed an adults only area.

At this point it isn't even worth arguing. It's a joke at this point. They made up their mind that as long as they didn't get caught it's fine. It's sad actually. I respect kids and kids' areas (and open areas with kids) to the fullest. All I ask in return is a place where I can have an adult time in peace. It's not just about the respectfulness of the child. It's about the child's absence.

At this point it isn't even worth arguing. It's a joke at this point. They made up their mind that as long as they didn't get caught it's fine. It's sad actually. I respect kids and kids' areas (and open areas with kids) to the fullest. All I ask in return is a place where I can have an adult time in peace. It's not just about the respectfulness of the child. It's about the child's absence.

Amen!!

And because of the stellar example of rules don't apply to us, I will not be surprised to see the child get carded in the Quiet Cove area because "I'm quiet and I'm special" and pitch a fit about it. Far cry from the respectful girls who may well have been old enough but graciously left because they could not prove it this past week.

I also find it so funny that when people get called out for breaking the rules they turn the tables. Again you won't even admit you broke a rule and that is almost comical at this point because I even provided Disney's direct literature saying it was indeed an adults only area.

I 'turned the tables' to show that what one person says is wrong is not wrong to another person, based on the circumstances. Plus, to show how silly it is for people to get on their high horse with the "you broke the rules" sentiment, when they choose to break other rules. I also find it funny when people refuse to admit they are not perfect, while throwing stones at strangers. Regardless of the link you posted, at no point did anyone tell us we were breaking any rules. We weren't even sure if those areas were supposed to be adult only based on the warm reception we had while in those areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter