Are kids allowed to walk in the bars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what you are saying is you don't let your children watch walking dead, so the parents that let kids watch those shows or hear that language or watch Deadpool are bad parents? It's not a naked spa near the adult area. A cover up is only required in the eating area. Men and woman can wear what they want anywhere on the ship otherwise. Some people need to stop sheltering kids.

JW

I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying some people feel that is inappropriate talk for kids and will scoff or remind you children are present. I don't even have kids I was just giving examples of topics some parents might deemed inappropriate when children are present not that I myself find them that way.

I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying some people feel that is inappropriate talk for kids and will scoff or remind you children are present. I don't even have kids I was just giving examples of topics some parents might deemed inappropriate when children are present not that I myself find them that way.
Ok. No worries. Those people that scoff amaze me.

JW

Ok. No worries. Those people that scoff amaze me.

JW

Yep. The one about the bathing suit was just comments made while more busty women were sun bathing in their two piece swim suits and a european man in a speedo. Saw lots of shaking heads and comments about inappropriateness. We only got one about language and it wasn't with any kids around just someone saying it is a family ship. I guess they have never been to the adult game shows!

Yep. The one about the bathing suit was just comments made while more busty women were sun bathing in their two piece swim suits and a european man in a speedo. Saw lots of shaking heads and comments about inappropriateness. We only got one about language and it wasn't with any kids around just someone saying it is a family ship. I guess they have never been to the adult game shows!
Yeah. These people shelter kids so much that when they grow up... if they ever truly do. Are so shocked what life really is. You shouldn't have to live a PG life like it's a movie when they have no restrictions in Real life.

There really is no such thing as a popping in Cove Cafe for a quick drink....it takes time to make a coffee drink or regular drink, even when you are the only one in there. That venue is 18 or older at all times for everyone....that means no kids even if you are just popping in for quick drink to pick up. I have nothing against kids, I love them but there are spaces on board reserved for adults only.

A few times on our last cruise there were parents with kids in strollers in Cove Cafe.

MJ

I have to say, I was very impressed to see a CM ask two girls who looked questionable to be 18+ for their KTTW card at the Quiet Cove pool area on the Magic this week. I didn't see anyone say anything to him, but he did ask. One did not have hers with her and they opted to leave - I don't know if both were "legal" or not as I was not within earshot.

He did it very quietly and unobtrusively. But just a note that if you look borderline for 18+ make sure to have your card with you, and don't be offended if you are asked.

That is due to Disney design flaw. Walking through because there is no path from the concierge rooms direct to the family pool area is different then grabbing a drink at the bar. If a parent stopped to grab a drink while in the adult pool area I would hope a CM would direct them to the bars further along. It is one of the biggest design flaws of the dream class that I hope they learn from and don't make with the 2 new ships.
I agree this was a huge design flaw on Dream class ships. However, in my opinion, adult areas are adult areas. Under 18 should not be permitted. We have stayed in concierges twice with our children and because of this design we required them to walk one flight down stairs cross to the next flight of stairs and back up. Yes, it was sort of a pain but their young and survived. It was a small price to pay for the perks they were being spoiled with in concierges. My husband and I didn't think we had the right to have our kids, regardless of how well behaved they were, be in an adult area of the ship.

Yes, op kids are allowed in the bars during the day.

Our daughter went into the bar areas with us after 9 last week. She didn't go into the Evolution club which does the more adult themed games. Even though they say adults only, no one approached us. Then again, she is 14 but very tall and looks a little older. We were in the pub, champagne bar, and lounge every night listening to the musicians. Most of the time, we were the only ones there so we couldn't hide the fact that we had a minor with us. The bar staff all knew she was young and even knew which non-alcoholic drink she wanted. She also went up to the adults only pool with us on Castaway day when no one else is around.

So, while we did break the rules, we only did so because our daughter was not disturbing anyone. I would never have tried it if she was a loud, active youngster. That is just rude for the others who are present. Which reminds me of the drunk 20-somethings who came into the lounge one night, yelling, and interrupting the music. Now THAT was rude!

Our daughter went into the bar areas with us after 9 last week. She didn't go into the Evolution club which does the more adult themed games. Even though they say adults only, no one approached us. Then again, she is 14 but very tall and looks a little older. We were in the pub, champagne bar, and lounge every night listening to the musicians. Most of the time, we were the only ones there so we couldn't hide the fact that we had a minor with us. The bar staff all knew she was young and even knew which non-alcoholic drink she wanted. She also went up to the adults only pool with us on Castaway day when no one else is around.

So, while we did break the rules, we only did so because our daughter was not disturbing anyone. I would never have tried it if she was a loud, active youngster. That is just rude for the others who are present. Which reminds me of the drunk 20-somethings who came into the lounge one night, yelling, and interrupting the music. Now THAT was rude!
I'm not even a stickler for rules but this is messed up.

Still against the rules.

I'm not even a stickler for rules but this is messed up.
How so? NO ONE was in those bars. We love music and without us, those musicians were playing to empty rooms. They are still required to play. As for the pool, NO ONE was there. We even left when a few couples showed up that afternoon.

How so? NO ONE was in those bars. We love music and without us, those musicians were playing to empty rooms. They are still required to play. As for the pool, NO ONE was there. We even left when a few couples showed up that afternoon.
It's an adult area. You even admit it was wrong. It's one thing to have a kid walk through but kids shouldn't be hanging out in the adult bars at night.

It's an adult area. You even admit it was wrong. It's one thing to have a kid walk through but kids shouldn't be hanging out in the adult bars at night.
I did not say it was wrong. ;-) It is never wrong to support a musician and appreciate the years of time they have put into learning their craft. As a budding musician, our daughter was inspired by these very gracious performers.

I did not say it was wrong. ;-) It is never wrong to support a musician and appreciate the years of time they have put into learning their craft. As a budding musician, our daughter was inspired by these very gracious performers.
Whatever makes you feel better. It's still a blatant disregard. The OP just wanted to walk her kid through and it upsets people and is against the rules. You kid hung out. That's no cool.

But did she go to Cove Cafe???

On a recent cruise a girl that my daughter met in the Vibe was in the bar one night with her family and volunteered to be part of the magic act. The magician apparently didn't know the girl was 15 (she looked closer to 21) and proceeded to flirt with her (in a Disney-friendly way) during his act. We didn't know how old the girl was until our daughter asked us if we went to the "adults only" magic act. Our daughter proceeded to tell us that her new Vibe friend was part of the show. So, my point is, other than the magician flirting with the 15 year old is kind of creepy, is you aren't the first parents to take a child into the bar after hours.

I think what the gentleman was saying is that on that particular occasion there was no one using the bar and there was a performer so they wanted to watch at the behest of the CMs there and since there were no other patrons they had the opinion it was no issue. I'm sure if there were many patrons there it would have been an entirely different scenario.

If I went to a bar after 9 and saw a young teen I would walk right out. Adult areas are for adults...period. AT least the 20 something that was drunk was of age and would you want your young daughter around a rude drunk person? Rules are made for everyone, you can't pick and choose which ones to follow.

If I went to a bar after 9 and saw a young teen I would walk right out. Adult areas are for adults...period. AT least the 20 something that was drunk was of age and would you want your young daughter around a rude drunk person? Rules are made for everyone, you can't pick and choose which ones to follow.

I would walk right out and to Guest Services to report it. ESPECIALLY if it was obvious that the bar staff knew there was someone underage and doing nothing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter