• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are kids allowed to walk in the bars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the point is that when someone is in the adult bar it is assumed they are an adult and they may then be treated like an adult.
This is part of it yes. I don't think it is unreasonable for an adult to assume that the people in an Adult Only area are also adults and not have to card someone for fear of committing what is considered a felony in most US states. Along side that though, how long do you think I could rattle off sleazy pickup lines before the phrase "she's only 14" came out? Would it matter if I said she looked more mature than that? What if I invited her back to my cabin to listen to some songs I wrote? Wouldn't it be respectful to let her? After all, anybody who heard that should just be happy that she is appreciating music. And what if she decided to go even if you told her no? Hey, come on, do you always follow the 'rules'? Don't tell me you never speed. Don't be a hypocrite here.

Or would the fact that she is underage be the only factor in this discussion?

Last edited:
This is part of it yes. I don't think it is unreasonable for an adult to assume that the people in an Adult Only area are also adults and not have to card someone for fear of committing what is considered a felony in most US states. Along side that though, how long do you think I could rattle off sleazy pickup lines before the phrase "she's only 14" came out? Would it matter if I said she looked more mature than that? What if I invited her back to my cabin to listen to some songs I wrote? Wouldn't it be respectful to let her? After all, anybody who heard that should just be happy that she is appreciating music. And what if she decided to go even if you told her no? Hey, come on, do you always follow the 'rules'? Don't tell me you never speed. Don't be a hypocrite here.

Or would the fact that she is underage be the only factor in this discussion?

Your scenario wouldn't happen to our daughter because we would never allow her to be in such a location alone- allowed by DCL or not. A man would not approach a younger looking lady with 2 old parents sitting there. If a teen was in there alone and you approached, then that is on both you and the absent parents.

Your scenario wouldn't happen to our daughter because we would never allow her to be in such a location alone- allowed by DCL or not. A man would not approach a younger looking lady with 2 old parents sitting there. If a teen was in there alone and you approached, then that is on both you and the absent parents.
Ah, so when you make a rule you expect it to be followed huh?

*Mic Drop*

Don't even worry about it. This 14 year old's parents are teaching their daughter that she can break rules when it suits her. In a couple years when she is sneaking out of the house, doing drugs, or letting her boyfriend come over when her parents aren't home, they will get their payback for showing her that rules don't mean anything.

Although, I'm sure she is a complete angel and would NEVER do any of those things...(says the person whose parents thought the same thing and probably still do, and who did things in high school that would curl their hair if they knew about them).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter