Are ILL return times enforced?

rastuso

DIS Veteran
I’ve looked all over, and can’t get any real answer. Yes, I’m well aware of the Disney rules. But has anyone ever been refused entry if they are an hour late for an ILL with no conflict “excuse”. I can’t believe they would just take your money and tell you to take a hike because your day didn’t go exactly as you thought 10 hours earlier that morning.

If you think you might miss your ILL time you can go to a blue umbrella (Guest Services) to see if they can move you to another time. I'd do this before taking a chance of missing out. If you do miss your time you'd probably have to go to Guest Services anyway. I don't think the CMs at the ride can help, but I could be wrong.

The ride CM let us onto ROTR after our return time had passed because my husband was still on the falcon and I had to wait for him to get off the falcon, as people frown upon abandoning a double stroller with a 5 year old and 20 month old. For some reason.

Ride CMs take pity on the obviously frazzled mom pushing a double stroller...but I agree with a PP to check in with a blue umbrella before going to the ride CM.

Viewing it as "an hour" and not "five minutes," my view would be that you don't put somebody at a stress point (ride admission) under additional stress because of something you had control over and messed up. That's what the blue umbrella is for.

Closer to 5 minutes you get, that changes of course. But an hour, you know what's up, you can go fix that.

Viewing it as "an hour" and not "five minutes," my view would be that you don't put somebody at a stress point (ride admission) under additional stress because of something you had control over and messed up. That's what the blue umbrella is for.

Closer to 5 minutes you get, that changes of course. But an hour, you know what's up, you can go fix that.

Fix how? Late in the day all ILLs are gone. No refunds.

Again, I’m not asking for parroting of the Disney policies that this board is great for, but actual experiences.

I cNt find any reports online of anyone irate for Disney refusing them entry late after shelling out cash.

You're wrong.

The policy is "show up in your window or you lose it."

5 minutes before, 15 minutes after is the real-world enforcement.

Then there should be people who have lost $50 worth of ILLs because they had a hiccup during their 10 hour day, right? I mean, I see plenty of LL miss complaints, there should be ILL ones too.

Again, your response isn’t to my question being posed.

I was allowed on GOTG way after the one hour return time, however, the ride was down early in the day for quite a while (before my return time) so that may have had something to do with it. I also had a dining reservation for lunch at Space220 that took way longer that expected (we didn't even get seated till 30 min after our reservation time). I kept my dining receipt in case I needed to show that for evidence of why I was late. But I didn't need the receipt, the scanner just lit up green when I scanned my magic band even though I was really late (but like I said, it could have been because the ride was down earlier in the day).

Fix how? Late in the day all ILLs are gone. No refunds.

Again, I’m not asking for parroting of the Disney policies that this board is great for, but actual experiences.

I cNt find any reports online of anyone irate for Disney refusing them entry late after shelling out cash.

Speak to guest services if you're an hour late, don't put the person at the scanner under that burden. What their fix would be, I can't comment on intelligently as I've not been through it. I just know what the appropriate avenues are to attempt to resolve the issue, and it ain't putting the RotR magic band scan person (who has quite a volume of folks passing by him/her) in a position to resolve your issue.

Not to be that person, but I know people who have went twice in the past 2 months, and have came back 45 mins late cause of kid issues, on 3 separate rides, and they scanned green each time.

They knew they probably would miss it and not get in, but it worked.

I damn sure wouldn't go in thinking that though, I would show up on time lol

Not to be that person, but I know people who have went twice in the past 2 months, and have came back 45 mins late cause of kid issues, on 3 separate rides, and they scanned green each time.

They knew they probably would miss it and not get in, but it worked.

I damn sure wouldn't go in thinking that though, I would show up on time lol
What do you mean “that person”? One telling the truth? We’re they ILLs?

I honestly don’t believe they expire. You are paying for them. A LOT. No way Disney just says “ you’re late, thanks for the cash”.

Disney's policy is 5 mins before and 15 mins after window.

Please keep discussion to original topic as to 'What are people actually experiencing?', not what you feel they should do as people feel differently and that's okay but, this thread is to be about actual experiences. This is one of those hot button topics that easily becomes a debate which is not what we're looking for.

Thank you.

I’ve looked all over, and can’t get any real answer. Yes, I’m well aware of the Disney rules. But has anyone ever been refused entry if they are an hour late for an ILL with no conflict “excuse”. I can’t believe they would just take your money and tell you to take a hike because your day didn’t go exactly as you thought 10 hours earlier that morning.
Not an ILL but we got turned away when we were 17 min past our window for a G+ reservation for Indiana Jones. They told us we had to queue in the standby line which was insanely long and the show was about to start in 10min so we just walked away knowing there was no chance we'd get in. The reason why we were late is my youngest tripped and scrapped her knee going up the steps in front of Sully so we found a bathroom to clean up her knee and put a bandaid on it. I explained this to the cast member and they just said "Sorry, you still have to wait in the regular line," as they were packing up the lightning lane stand and scanners. Pretty frustrating that they weren't willing to even consider the circumstances, but whatever, I wasn't about to make a scene about it knowing we were in fact late.

As far as I'm aware the grace period (which is really what you're asking about) is the same as it was with FP+ which is 5 mins before 15 mins after. Rarely were there issues from CMs when it was within that time period. After that you're no longer with the grace period and thus are a case by case basis.

It seems more and more Disney is relying on Guest Relations with the people under blue umbrellas scattered throughout rather than CMs at the particular attractions. We've seen a lot of posters be told they've been directed towards them much more than in the past for a lot of different things.

While I should have remembered who to go to we had a situation with photos from Test Track not showing up and the CM outside the attraction just pointed me to the blue umbrellas not far away who then directed me to PhotoPass folks at the front of the park (which is who I should have remembered was the appropriate people to go to as we've had issues before in DLR and that's who we went to). When I was at the umbrella people were directed there with questions about previews for Guardians and they had been directed there by the CMs at the area designated for previews.

I would agree with this route of blue umbrella folks, one thing is if you're already anticipating being so late as an hour this makes me think you've got a very specific situation in mind. Best if you already have this very specific situation in mind is first hint while you're there that this issue arises stop by the blue umbrellas to discuss it with them, waiting til you're already 1 hour late and going to the attraction itself can create a backlog of people and you may be directed anyhow to the blue umbrellas. At least if you stop by them first you'll have the information from them.

Boarding Groups have operated differently than LL with respects to entry. Do not confuse Boarding Group (which is under Virtual Queue) with LL or ILL.

This isn't really around ILL time enforcement but around an experience getting a ILL issue resolved..

I recently have to dispute an ILL charge to my CC and got a refund fairly easily. SDMT was closed due to weather during our window, I got an anytime LL, but they ride didn't reopen for the rest of the evening. Since it was late spoke to the cast member at the ride and didn't go to the blue umbrella and they said I would be automatically refunded.

Turns out I wasn't automatically refunded after several really annoying calls to Disney that took hours without anyone that could really help on their I just disputed the charge (the nicest cast member I got actually suggested it). My CC company credited the amount right away while they investigated. The investigation took less than a week and the credit remained.

I wish I would have went to a blue umbrella to have them resolve the situation real time with something that would have made sense for my trip, even if it was the end of the night and they may not have wanted to deal with it. I probably could have gotten an exchange I could have used for something else on my trip and not had to spend hours getting it resolved once I was home. I will say if it happens again I am going to blue umbrella or disputing the charge and not trying to call GS for a resolution once I am home.

Went a few months back and purchased ILLs for ROTR. My brother's family purchased their ILLs for ROTR separately from us and their return time was about 2 hours later than us. My kids and his kids wanted to ride together so we inquired with guest services if we could somehow change our times to better align with each other. The CM told us to just miss our return time and instead just show up for my brother's return time later in the day. She told us that paid ILLs don't actually expire in their system since you paid for it. She made sure to emphasize that G+ will expire 15 minutes after, but she did assure us that the paid ILL didn't expire until close of business.

Went a few months back and purchased ILLs for ROTR. My brother's family purchased their ILLs for ROTR separately from us and their return time was about 2 hours later than us. My kids and his kids wanted to ride together so we inquired with guest services if we could somehow change our times to better align with each other. The CM told us to just miss our return time and instead just show up for my brother's return time later in the day. She told us that paid ILLs don't actually expire in their system since you paid for it. She made sure to emphasize that G+ will expire 15 minutes after, but she did assure us that the paid ILL didn't expire until close of business.

The answer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter