Are fans & white noise machines allowed?

I am sensitive to the sound of my white noise. I too use the Marpac as it is adjustable in pitch and volume. I have downloaded one app for white noise, but hated the sound it was like static on an old TV to me or very fake rain. I like when it sounds like a real fan best (not bathroom fan). I would love to travel with just my phone, do any of the apps have better sound quality?

I have used the app called "white noise" by TMsoft. I think it has pretty good sound. It has several sounds (ocean, grandfather clock, crickets, rain, etc..) It also has a sleep timer on it :thumbsup2

For my DS we got a $20 little machine at Target in the baby aisle. It also has a timer (and a projector, if you're feeling whimsical :laughing:) and has several sound settings.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I am worried because RCCL was so strick about fans on our last cruise. That really surprised me because I didn't think it had been a problem in the past. I thought maybe all the cruise lines had cracked down on the plug-in items.

And as far as the iPhone or smartphone - that wouldn't work for us. We don't have one!

I am with you. Not everyone has an Iphone me nor my husband do. We do not even text we just call phone to phone.

I have used the app called "white noise" by TMsoft. I think it has pretty good sound. It has several sounds (ocean, grandfather clock, crickets, rain, etc..) It also has a sleep timer on it :thumbsup2

For my DS we got a $20 little machine at Target in the baby aisle. It also has a timer (and a projector, if you're feeling whimsical :laughing:) and has several sound settings.

We have that one too! DH is so anal about not being able to sleep without his white noise that he plugs his phone in and leaves it on all night.:rolleyes1 It works without internet because there is no way I am about to pay those charges, especially on a cruise!

I have found the best white noise on a cruise is to prop open the door to the verandah. The sound of the ocean makes me sleep like a baby.

I love that I may be able to have a fan. That will be perfect.

What, no iFan app yet? C'mon Apple developers! :happytv:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter