are DVC guides on commission?

Kurby

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my trou
i'm not sure how it happened but it may be because the first time i contacted DVC we weren't married yet but apparently some how we ended up with 2 files.

we had received information before but we were so not ready to buy and didn't pay attention to the name of the person who sent it.

well when we ready to really look into it we tried to view the disk online and couldn't - it said we needed some code and to fill in a questionnaire - when I put in my email addy it already had me in there (maiden name) which I didn't pay attention to. well i thought this was going to give us access to viewing the disk online but we still couldn't see it so i called.

this is when i got Judy and she was great. she said she would send out some info for us

a few days later we received the beautiful disney dream book which we dove right in and then got to the end of the book to find some guys business card.

i just said to Patrick - maybe it's the manager and he puts his card in every book.

so for a few days we are talking to Judy well we get another book. and this time it has Judy's card in the back.

hummmm strange.

so we finalize everything with Judy - pay our deposit and the next day i get a phone call.

Me - Hi
him - This is Byron from Disney.
me - Hi Byron (thinking he is going to confirm my information for the contract)
he - I'm just calling to see if you received the disney dream book I sent out.
me - (a little confused) ahhh ya
he - Well that is the latest book we have for DVC. I had sent you out some info in the past but this one includes information on our newest DVC AKV.
me - yes - but hummmm - we purchased at AKV just last night.
he - you did? (confused)
me - yes (very confused) does it not say that in our file?
he - no - no it doesn't, who did you go through?
me - Judy K.
he - (a tad not impressed) Judy K? my co-worker?
me - hummm I guess.

took a few minutes to find out we have 2 files and that the first one was under my maiden name and when I called the that night I automatically said my married name

i dont know if these guides get a commission or straight salary but Byron didn't sound too happy that we purchased and it wasn't through him.

Congrats on your purchase!

I am not sure but the experience I had when we toured SSR in October made me believe that they are. After the presentation my mom & I decided that although we would love to join it just wasn't the right time and our guides body language changed and he made the comment that it doesn't affect his family too much. To me that sounds like commission!

I am really looking into joining now and they hooked me up with the same guide. I really don't care for him but he did do some work for me so I feel bad and if I do sign I guess I will keep him. I am sure his attitude will change when we sign on the dotted line.

:hourglass

I am not sure of the commission angle, however the guide that has been helping me gave the impression that I was assigned to him and that he would be the go to person for me for the next 50 years (though I think he may retire by then ;) but who knows ;) )

Maybe Byron didn't fully understand the misunderstanding with the maiden and married name and was just curious as to whether a co-worker "took" one of his assignments in an undercutting way. Regardless though, I am surprised that he expressed his frustration to you. I would try to not worry about it though, that's something for them to sort out. How were you to know there were 2 files.

Congratulations on your purchase :)

I have told by several Guides that they are not on commission, sort of. They are expected to sell x amount of contracts per week and their salary is tied to their performance. There is also some type of bonus based upon performance.

Well I talked to Judy last night - i had yet another questions ((SHOCKING:goodvibes ))

I told her about the other phone call and she said yes she had spoken with Byron, there was a mix up with the files because they didn't like them together with the same phone numbers and so when she was "assigned" me when I called in it didn't show that I should have been sent over to Byron.

she said she split it with him - whatever that means

I won't say Byron wasnt' good he just didn't sell us on it. all he did was send out info the first time without any follow up phone calls so i'm not so sure he deserves a split for just sending out a book.:confused3

anyways not my problem - they worked it out -

i find it hard to believe that they would be on commission for just answering the phone - i'm not sure if other agents push to get a higher sale in points but as far as our experience Judy asked how many points we would need we told her 2 or 3 options and she actually suggested the lower one and said we could always add on later if we find we need more. not your typical "i'm on commission and need you to buy more so i can get a bigger pay cheque" type of sell.

I can see bonuses though - makes you be pleasent and nice to the guests and actually want to call them back for follow ups. who knows, if Byron had called us back maybe we would have booked an appointment with him when we went down in May.

Good question. I know that we had looked into DVC well over 2 years ago and I spoke with a person named Hasan over the phone and he sent me all of the info and good stuff. Well, DH and I decided it wasn't a good time for us so we didn't join. Well, just this Feb when we were at Disney, we made an appointment to go over to SSR and take a tour and get some more info. When we arrived, Mario greeted us and told us he was sorry we could not meet with Hassan because he was no longer around. I was shocked b/c it had been over 2 years and they acted like we had expected to meet with him...I guess I didn't realize that once you call and receive a guide, you are apparently linked with them. That made me think that they do receive some sort of bonus for their sales.

Frankly, I have found that Judy and Ron are the best which isn't surprising as I think they are part of the "old guard". They have a big client base and don't need to be pushy.

If it were me, I'd find out from managers how I can get it fixed that Judy gets my business and the WHOLE commission since she gave better customer service that the other one.

But that's just me...:confused3

We had a similar situation. We toured in July 2004 with one guide, but decided not to join. When we were at Disney at the end of Nov 2006, for our fourth visit in four years, we decided that we should take another look. We made plans to go over to SSR. When we got there, the original guide was out of town and another guide helped us. He let us know at the end of our meeting that we could contact either one. We weren't really sure what to do, but left the new guide a message, figuring they would figure it out. And the new guide called us back to finalize things.

Interesting, we've had Byron since we purchased and have added on three times plus purchased AKV through him, in all the transactions he has been great, I think he's been there quite some time. From our experience I would highly recommend him, of course your mileage may vary.

Interesting, we've had Byron since we purchased and have added on three times plus purchased AKV through him, in all the transactions he has been great, I think he's been there quite some time. From our experience I would highly recommend him, of course your mileage may vary.

Ditto. My first purchase was a resale through TTS. I asked for Byron to be my guide based on conversations I had with another member here who highly recommended him. We did two add ons since that original contract and Byron has been great!

1) Called it commission, bonus, incentive, or whatever.
2) They do get extra pay.
3) A lot of extra pay.
4) Some make as much as $200k per year.

I have told by several Guides that they are not on commission, sort of. They are expected to sell x amount of contracts per week and their salary is tied to their performance. There is also some type of bonus based upon performance.

They are salary based, and, as in the corporate world, are expected to achieve certain results. :goodvibes
They are NOT allowed to work with a perspective buyer/member if they already have a guide. (Disney rules...No cut-throating here as other timeshares)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter