• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are backpacks allowed? And a Q about digicams

honeybiscuit

Omelette superb avec jambon!
I'm flying for the first time in over 4 years this January, and the security rules have changed quite a bit since then. I'm trying to adjust, but man, it's a lot to remember!

Here's my question. The last time I flew, someone in my party was told by security that absolutely no backpacks were allowed on the plane. We had a mad scramble in line to take everything out of the backpack and try to fit it all into our other bags. Now, I found this very hard to believe at the time, and I still do. I'm a woman, but I don't use a purse at WDW. I had planned on taking my backpack that I use at Disney as my personal carry-on to save space. It's not that big, not much bigger than your average purse, but will it be allowed past security?

And one small, unrelated question -- how do I get my digital camera through security? I took one last time, but I don't recall what I did with it. Do I need to take the batteries or memory card out? Does the x-ray hurt anything?

Thanks for any help! :)

Backpacks are allowed. It does need to meet the airlines carry-on bag rules.

Digital cameras are not affected by xray machines. Just send it through inside of your backpack.

You should read through TSA's site for travelers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter