APs and Resort guests can now upgrade their magicband

SO I called and emailed Disney to ask about the 2nd charge. They said they would cancel the original order even though I was told it was ALREADY CANCELED.

This morning I receive a tracking number.

So now I have been charged twice and will receive a set of bands I don't need anymore from an order that I have never been able to access in MDE.

What a cluster.

SO I called and emailed Disney to ask about the 2nd charge. They said they would cancel the original order even though I was told it was ALREADY CANCELED.

So now I have been charged twice and will receive a set of bands I don't need anymore from an order that I have never been able to access in MDE.

What a cluster.
Hopefully they are learning from all their mistakes and will have a better plan BEFORE the next stock becomes available!

Yes. I never would have ordered them from shopDisney if they had not told me to do so and I can't return those for a credit, because I linked them already.
Yes. I never would have ordered them from shopDisney if they had not told me to do so and I can't return those for a credit, because I linked them already.
I would be frustrated too! Are they the same ones that are shipping now?

Yep. NOW I can see them in MDE after a month of not being able to. I know $30 isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things, but it's just annoying to be told it was canceled when it obviously wasn't.
I completely agree! This upgrade has been a mess from the start.

I received the tracking number today too.
I received a tracking number also but have no idea what's gonna be in the package. I ordered two special bands, way back when we were first able to. My CC was charged $22.05. A week later, the charge was gone. I've never been able to look at what I ordered on MDE, after making the initial selections. Then another week went by, my CC was again charged $22.05..only to disappear a few days later. Now I get the email that they are shipped...but have no idea what they are. On MDE mine doesn't show anything, husbands shows a color. My guess is they certainly won't be what I ordered, as the CC hasn't been charged again. I'd say this rollout was an epic fail on Disney's part. Oh...best part is that our trip isn't until December....so why not wait until supplies are replenished and ship according to when the guest is to arrive.......?

Update: Just got off the phone with shopDisney support. She's trying to intercept the shipment. She can see everything that went on with this. She said it's clearly bad communication. She said she would call me back with an update. We'll see how this goes.

Our trip is not until November, hopefully by then they will have this all straightened out. I hate it for those of you whom have had to deal with the roll out issues. There should be a better way, if I knew what that was I suppose to I would be working for Disney on the roll out and I don't.

Well I got a credit card charge for four bands and shipping email. I am very interested to see what comes since colored bands are free with resort stay. I will be the only optimist here to say I will get all four I ordered as charged....yes riiiiight.

What a cluster.

This also just happened to me. My ShopDisney phone order, though, wasn't the same as my original order since those weren't in stock, so at least I'm not getting a bunch of identical bands. I got the ones from that order last week. Today I got the shipping notification from my original order (that they said had been canceled and changed to gray bands when I called), and I can now access my magicbands page (no more 7 dwarfs). Interestingly, the four I actually wanted show up there, so we'll see if that's in the package when it gets here...

I'll be happy if I do get the ones I originally ordered because I like them a lot better than the ones I got from ShopDisney (for some reason, they wouldn't let me just pick free solid colors when I called, so I had to either pay to upgrade or take the gray ones that they said my order had been replaced with), though I'm unhappy about paying for both orders and more than a little unhappy about the way this all was handled.

I've had some very responsive CMs and I made sure to send some praise via email. They've been extremely helpful.

They said for me to keep the bands if they can't intercept the package. It's a security issue and they cannot be returned, which makes perfect sense. They assured me the 2nd charge will be credited.

I guess now I really don't need to get bands for November!

So has is only been twice they’ve had the upgraded magic bands actually available? The first day and then once again about a week later?

Yeah. And I’m wondering if the stocking issues are because they screwed up and were shipping the bands out ASAP instead of the standard timeframe. My trip starts on 8/7 and I jumped on MDE literally right on day 1 and ordered the Black Panther band thinking it would come in July. Then I suddenly got an email like 2 days later that the order shipped...while I was in Canada! Thankfully my mail carrier knows to put boxes in the back when no one is home and it was still there when I got home.

Great, first it was "Rumours of Light" now I have to live through "Rumours of Magicband Upgrades"...communication on a resololution is still something the folks at Disney seem incapable of or they just don't feel the Customer deserves (or both).

What a dumpster fire

I finally received the we are unable to complete your order email. I had ordered two premium bands for ours APs back on 5/20. On 5/22, I received the order confirmation. Yesterday and today I received separate emails with a code for the $15 discount and free shipping. I never reached out to anyone.

I just checked and they are showing two premium ones available this morning, a Darth Vader and a Disney Parks, (Most magical place on earth). Neither of which interest me, but progress?

Looks like Darth is gone. I would have been happy getting that since that's what DH wants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter