April 29, 2012 ~ Aloha! ~ Inagural Wonder to Hawaii-Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not even married when I was 37 and kids were not born yet :)

I got married when I was 23 and we are passing on the kids. We are both big kids.

Not sure how many spots you need, but at 9pm (Central Time) Tubing the Ditch excursion still is open.

Only two. This is really strange. I had checked just before I posted yesterday evening and it was showing sold out and then checked again this morning after reading this and it was still showing sold out.

For those of you tubing the ditch (or doing other water related excursions,) are you bringing a water proof camera, either a cheap one or a fancy one? I'd like to get pics but wonder how hard it will be to hold onto while tubing?

DH has a waterproof digital camera that will come. Hopefully we will get plenty of photos on our excursion to see Spinner dolphins and turtles on Oahu.

Corinna

I received a postcard yesterday from our dentist reminding me of an appointment for my mom. I have it on my calendar and so started to toss it just now and I noticed the stamp says ALOHA and it has an Hawaiian shirt on it!! :cool1: Note....must go to post office to get me some of those. :yay: One more thing to put on my list of to dos. :rolleyes1

Strolling into the PO to mail a mascot shirt to a Hawaiian DISer (walking while reading ?? :scared1: )

And

Read

This

So

I

Bought some!

Thanks Angie for your timely post.

The Clerk said "they are nothing special, only shirts."

:laughing: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :laughing: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

:upsidedow. She has NO idea!

:). Jan/Kana

Oh geez...You guys are so bad....:cutie:

Here are finally the groups for the jewellery workshop:

Jewellery Workshop Group 1
Date: Monday April 30th
Time: 08:00 AM
Place: Cove Cafe

Group 1
Tina Castoff 6643 4 Beach
Lauryn Jaxjags 7038 4 Pirate
Peggy Jaxjags 7038 4 Pirate
Judy EB Pixiegran 7638 4 Fairy
Catherine Pixiegran 7638 4 Beach
Connie cquick 6000 4 Princess

Jewellery Workshop Group 2
Time: 03:00 PM
Place: Outlook Cafe

Group 2
Mary Jane MJGirl 6131 4 Beach
Joanne BoosGram 2618 4 Princess Pink
Deb EllaEnchanted 5124 4 Beach
Ann Bilbo UK 6138 4 Fairy
Faith Yensidfan 5632 4 Fairy
Kirstyn MJGirl 6131 4 Fairy

Jewellery Workshop Group 3
Date: Tuesday May 1st

Group 3
Joanne BoosGram 2618 4 Beach
Candida Photographer Goofy 5513 4 Fairy Blue
Marilou TChrist05 6003 4 Fairy
Joyce DisneyPata 6566 4 Fairy
Angel SerbianPrincess 7538 4 Fairy
Sheri SerbianPrincess 7538 4 Princess

Jewellery Workshop Group 4
Date: Tuesday May 1st
Time: 03:00 PM

Group 4
Deb EllaEnchanted 5124 4 Fairy
Jennifer JenDen 6317 4 Fairy
Jackie ibouncetoo 2050 4 Fairy
Cheri NotSoLittleMermaid 2644 4 Beach

Jewellery Workshop Group 5
Date: Wednesday May 2nd

Group 5
Angel SerbianPrincess 7538 4 Pirate
Sheri SerbianPrincess 7538 4 Beach
Norene Grammy4Lizzy 5510 4 Fairy
Andrea Lizzy'sMom 5508 4 Fairy
Judy Fivepin 2592 4 Princess
Debbie djpate 2592 4 Beach

Jewellery Workshop Group 6
Date: Wednesday May 2nd
Time: 11:00 AM

Group 6
Deb EllaEnchanted 5124 4 Beach
Noel Birkner 6601 4 Fairy
Nancy Birkner 6601 4 Fairy
Charlotte Happy Goofy 6046 4 Beach
Trisha RaglanRoad 6040 4 Fairy
Gloria RaglanRoad 6040 4 Pirate

Jewellery Workshop Group 7
Date: Thursday May 3rd

Group 7
Lauryn Jaxjags 7038 4 Beach
Peggy Jaxjags 7038 4 Fairy Blue
Connie cquick 6000 4 Beach
Joyce DisneyPata 6566 4 Fairy
Heather threebritts 7000 4 Fairy
Debbie debbru 8520 4 Beach

Jewellery Workshop Group 8
Date: Thursday May 3rd
Time: 11:00 AM

Group 8
Janell janell.carrasco 6099 1 N/A
Candida Photographer Goofy 5513 1 N/A
Lissa disneycruisegal 8026 1 N/A
Mary Jane MJGirl 6131 1 N/A

Kid’s Jewellery Workshop
Date: Friday May 4th
Time: 10:00 AM
Place: Promenade Lounge

Kids
Maya Lexa 7078 2 N/A
Jasmin janell.carrasco 6099 1 N/A
Elizabeth janell.carrasco 6099 1 N/A
Sydney MousseauMob 8036 2 N/A

Corinna

For those of you tubing the ditch (or doing other water related excursions,) are you bringing a water proof camera, either a cheap one or a fancy one? I'd like to get pics but wonder how hard it will be to hold onto while tubing?

I am bringing my underwater camera I use when scuba diving. It will be overkill on the ditch excursion, but it has a strap I can affix to my wrist. Some of the waterproof camera I have seen for snokeling, and would serve well on this excursion, have a strap for your wrist.

Group 1

Thank you so much for organizing this!! We are looking forward to hanging out with you and learning something new!

Angel, DS-Carson and DM-Sheri

Three weeks :cloud9:

I still have a lot to do for this trip. Work is taking up too much energy, BUT there are only 7 work days left till retirement.:woohoo: (OK....maybe 8 if I go in one day this weekend, but that's extra trip $$)

Still gotta:
Advise bank/visa of travel plans, buy trip insurance, send 'hold' info to USPS and netflix, alert my next-door-neighbor to travel dates (we keep an eagle eye out when we know the other is traveling), get hair cut and colored (pedicure already booked) and then there's the small issue of packing!

Going to try for a road-trip/pre cruise suitcase so the big one can remain unopened till we're on the ship. That's four days pre trip and I don't own many clothes, so looks like I WILL be joining in on the first night laundry party!

Thanks for reminding me about contacting the credit card companies :thumbsup2.

We always get to be fliers not drivers. :headache:

Same here; we're not close to either port.

Enjoyed all the postings about age and number of years with your partners. Bob and I have been married 39 years in June. I was married at 18. I don't remember getting old, it just sort of happened. I think the death of my mom, 4 years ago, made me realize our time here is limited and we need to enjoy each and every minute of it and each other.

Val, sounds like we've got a lot in common. We will hit 39 years in September, but I was a bit older than 18. And I also lost my mom 4 years ago (as did my DH; our moms passed less than 3 weeks apart--what a year!). That was the time when I decided to spend my time with people I love and doing things that I love (as much as possible).

Group 1

Corinna

I am confused....I am making 4 princess bracelets? I thought I was doing one of each: Princess and Beach.

Help. Connie

My post apparently failed earlier.

The kids are ready for cruising. . . Well, OC needs to change his pajama bottoms for some trousers . . . but other than that.

2012MarchApril011.jpg

The kids are ready for cruising. . . Well, OC needs to change his pajama bottoms for some trousers . . . but other than that.

2012MarchApril011.jpg

oh, how cute! where did you find the pattern for the bear shirt? I am re constructing a doll shirt, along with the help of a build a bear shirt. Yours turned out so cute!

I am bringing my underwater camera I use when scuba diving. It will be overkill on the ditch excursion, but it has a strap I can affix to my wrist. Some of the waterproof camera I have seen for snokeling, and would serve well on this excursion, have a strap for your wrist.

There is still time to join us on our dives:rolleyes1

now where is that devil smilie

Group 1

Corinna

:woohoo::banana::cheer2: Thanks Corinna ! I am really looking forward to this. :goodvibes

2012MarchApril011.jpg

Your kids are adorable Linda. Nice job on the clothes. :)

Only two. This is really strange. I had checked just before I posted yesterday evening and it was showing sold out and then checked again this morning after reading this and it was still showing sold out.

I see it as still open this evening at 9:50 p.m.

Corinna[/QUOTE]

There is still time to join us on our dives:rolleyes1

now where is that devil smilie

I think the devil smilie was on my face when I read this. You are making this rather difficult. Maybe if I do not dive on this trip, it will give me a reason to use DVC points to return to Alanui, to dive of course.

2012MarchApril011.jpg

SO AMAZINGLY CUTE!!
OC is the boy--what is the girl's name?

:upsidedow remember, OC CAN wear plaid shorts with that shirt! :woohoo:

I see it as still open this evening at 9:50 p.m.

Corinna

I think the devil smilie was on my face when I read this. You are making this rather difficult. Maybe if I do not dive on this trip, it will give me a reason to use DVC points to return to Alanui, to dive of course.[/QUOTE]

Perfect Plan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A few weeks ago on these boards, it was noted because of potential illness serving procedures had been altered to protect cruisers from getting sick. Does anyone know if DCL has returned to normal procedures at the buffet and ice cream self serve?

I think I have read recently that all was back to normal. I'll be boarding her Sunday and will report back!

A few weeks ago on these boards, it was noted because of potential illness serving procedures had been altered to protect cruisers from getting sick. Does anyone know if DCL has returned to normal procedures at the buffet and ice cream self serve?

Usually if there is a problem they do a through cleaning between cruises and then all is good to go again. However, at any point during the cruise it can change and they will start taking precautions. :thumbsup2

That's good to know! Was there an area with lockers to store your stuff?

It's been about six years and ye olde gray matter just ain't whut it used to be, but I think we took our gear and left it in the van that transported us to the ditch, so we could have our towels with us. I asked DH and he isn't sure either -- it's tough bein a geezer!

GOOD Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Lovely sunny morning here, just right for yard work. Now that the clothes are finished and the renovation is at a standstill, I have to do SOMETHING to keep occupied. It might as well be raking.

My girl's name is Dimples Ursabear. Dimples is a "girly" girl like I never was - and she is SO thrilled you noticed her, Jan.

Connie, I used one of OC's shirts for a pattern for his. The fronts could have been a little longer, but I am NOT going to remake it now. For the dress, I measured Dimples and sketched it out - then made a model out of the white material that was on the yardage. That became the lining for the dress.

Socababy, I hope you have the MOST marvelous time on your cruise with your family! I can't Wait to read your trip report from that one.

Happy Day, ALL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter