APRIL 25,2012 5 night THE MAGIC KEY WEST CRUISE

We are down in Titusville--I have a job interview in Orlando this afternoon:) So, I've been a little busy making the girls outfits for the cruise & preparing for that. The dismeet is at 3 on the Promenade deck, right? Is there a specific location there? I'm a little brain dead at this point, so needing some help!:confused:

Ok Robin, no not yet. We are however in Georgia and the weather is beautiful! Its 75 and partly cloudy. Driving with the windows down, and yes I still have all the kids. From the backseat I'm hearing "one more state, one more state!" lol. Stopping for dinner in a little bit then to cape canaveral to find a hotel for the night, or the car lol, won't be the first or last time! My youngest is mad we aren't sailing tonight. He doesn't want to sleep anywhere but on the boat lol

We are down in Titusville--I have a job interview in Orlando this afternoon:) So, I've been a little busy making the girls outfits for the cruise & preparing for that. The dismeet is at 3 on the Promenade deck, right? Is there a specific location there? I'm a little brain dead at this point, so needing some help!:confused:
The Promenade Lounge isn't all that big. I was thinking once we see beads, that's where the group will gather.

We are exhausted from a day in the parks.. Man is this weather sweet....

Although, and I can't believe I am saying this, but I hope it is warmer on the cruise. I didn't bring enough long pants for 5 nights of this.

See you all in the AM, I am off to bed. :surfweb:

Hey everybody,

We are back home, safe and sound. It was a long day of driving, but it was good to see home.

I think, in spite of the weather, we had a great cruise. I know some of you had illnesses to deal with, and I am very sorry about that. I know from experience that it is certainly no fun dealing with sickness on your vacation.

I think the FE exchange went very well. I want to thank everyone for the gifts. They made the trip even more special. But more than the gifts, I want to thank you for showing up at the Meet and Greet so we could identify each other. It made this trip so much more enjoyable to be able to pick out faces around the ship and in our ports of call that we knew. I am terrible with names, and more recently, not even great with faces, but I was able to recognize several folks.

My children enjoyed hanging out with some of your kids in the Edge also.

As soon as I can free up some hard drive space on my computer, I can download my pictures and post a few. I am sure Allison will get to the Group shot as she has time as well.

I hope some of us will cruise together again someday. We made a tentative booking onboard for the Wonder next year while she is in Miami. I guess time will tell whether we keep it or not.

I can't wait to hear how emtmommy's back to back went.

Have a great night folks.:wizard:

Hope everyone had a great time!

We had a lovely relaxing time, despite the weather.

I hear some people got sick? John seems to have caught sometime and was stuck in the room the last night, we've been on several cruises before, so I guess our time was up for one of us to get ill. I was a little peeved at the people declining the antibacterial wipes at topsiders and dinner... Hello, it's not to benefit you really,
It's for everyone else! Haha

I hope everyone made it home safe and sound. And the weather looks up for the 2nd leg on emts trip.

Now to count down 5 months for the next one!

Had a blast! I had such a great time handing out with people, it made the cruise that much more enjoyable! I hear a Disney Fantasy Cruise is being "planned" for April 2013. We will see.....

The fish extender gifts were awesome, despite them being all over our stateroom! Next time, I will have to come up with a plan before the kids start going wild with the gifts!!

What kind of illness is going around? I got really sick yesterday, during our travels home, sore throat, aches, stomach pains and exhaustion. Thankfully, I had a zpak on hand (doc gave it to me just in case my allergy cough got worse- saying he didn't think it would help, but told me to fill it). I am feeling 30% better today.

Thank you to all who gave such wonderful FE gifts and I hope we can stay in touch!

Robin

To all those on the gift exchange, just in case you weren't sure, the paper stars we gave are Christmas Ornaments. They look like Moravian Stars. We folded them from paper strips and then dipped them in wax.

Robin, I am not sure what everyone's symptoms were, I just know there were a few in our group that spent a day or 2 in their rooms. :(

Hey guys,

I am back at work, but would much rather be back on the Magic with all of you.

We had so many blessings and so much Pixie Dust on this cruise, I am still amazed.

It all started when we got selected as the Family of the Day. I owe a huge thanks to tebi73 for Disigning our t-shirt graphic. I think a combination of us being at the terminal early, and our matching cruise t-shirts helped us get selected. Not only did we get to have our picture taken with Mickey AND Minnie in the terminal, have our names announced to the entire terminal, and be first to get on the ship... we also got a room service delivery every afternoon of the cruise with goodies for us.

We also went to the first DVC group presentation and won the on board credit drawing.... and up till now I could always safely say, I never win anything.

If you add all that to meeting you guys, it could not have gotten any better unless the weather had cooperated more.

We got so many cool things... the frames, the can cozies, the candy (the UK candy was great, and is all gone), the pictures, magnets, and everything else that was scattered all around our stateroom.

It was all wonderful. Even though I have Tweens, they could not wait to get back to the room to check the fish extender.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all the wonderful gifts. You are all so creative! We really loved all the hand made gifts; from the star ornaments to the magnets. I really wish we had given out more after seeing all the stuff we got in our FE. We literally needed another bag to get it all home! :rotfl: My 13 year old was in heaven with all the gifts and candy. Thank you again!!

As for the illnesses, my daughter was sick with the aches and congestion, no fever thankfully. That went on for the last 2 days of the cruise. Then, my husband got a stomach bug and was sick on the way home. What was the deal!?!

All in all, we had a great time. Hope you all had fun too!

-Amber

Well, I'm back to the real world today. We had a great time on the cruise and can't wait to go back for another one! Malachi had a blast in the Edge and we loved all of our FE goodies! It was really great meeting everyone!

We had an extra blessing on this cruise because we were seated with Pixietinkerbellsmom (Stacey) & MASTERTEK (James) & their daughter Hailey during dinner! It was awesome getting to know them, plus Malachi & Hailey were 2 of a kind! We had great servers too (Angelina from Chile & Victor from Indonesia). Malachi is already missing them - Angelina especially. Plus, he's missing the daily Mickey Bars!

I haven't had a chance to upload the pictures from the Meet yet, but hopefully will get that done sometime this week. We've been running like crazy since we hit land!

Hey everyone,

In the process of losing my mind I didn't remember the meet & greet until 4pm! Bummer!!! So sorry I missed everyone. Couldn't get over the amount of FE gifts we got and DD loved checking my terribly sew bag! Hey what can I say, I had one, LOL

Thank goodness we didn't fall ill and I saw everyone using the wipes before dinner/buffet? One thing I did see, the tasty donuts on the buffet line were Krispy Kremes, saw the box with my own eyes. Couldn't believe it! I assume they made the donuts, guess not.

We did leave a small deposit for another cruise. Couldn't pass up on board credit and 10% off.

The three of us were wearing Perry The Platypus t-shirts if you saw on boarding day, LOL:hyper:

Had a great time despite the rain. The little ones cried when we left the ship. Was great meeting EMTmom's family. We are booked for Feb 2013.

Had a great time despite the rain. The little ones cried when we left the ship. Was great meeting EMTmom's family. We are booked for Feb 2013.

Which cruise are you booked on for Feb? We booked the Wonder for the 11th. Still to soon to tell if we will be able to keep it or not. I sort of dread the drive to Miami, but my DD really wants to go on that ship. She is a huge Ariel fan.

Hey everyone,

The three of us were wearing Perry The Platypus t-shirts if you saw on boarding day, LOL:hyper:

My son is happy now... we got him a PP shirt at the Walmart in Orlando before we set sail. He would have worn it on board but it needed washing first.

Sorry you didn't make it to the MnG. It was a lot of fun. My kids really enjoyed having some buddies to hangout with on the ship. This was the first time we adults got to do anything on our own.

We had such an amazing time on this trip! The kids cried so hard when they had to get off. It was great meeting everyone. Thank you everyone for the wonderful gifts, I am definitely going to have to step up my game next time seeing how creative everyone got!!!

@ Jessica, Robin, and Ashley--I think we had some pretty fun times :cool1: So glad all of the kids got along so well. "Copacabana" will always hold a special place in my heart:rotfl: Hope to rebook soon,,,need to look at funds. Might have to do a June cruise. The Fantasy is very expensive.

We had such an amazing time on this trip! The kids cried so hard when they had to get off. It was great meeting everyone. Thank you everyone for the wonderful gifts, I am definitely going to have to step up my game next time seeing how creative everyone got!!!

@ Jessica, Robin, and Ashley--I think we had some pretty fun times :cool1: So glad all of the kids got along so well. "Copacabana" will always hold a special place in my heart:rotfl: Hope to rebook soon,,,need to look at funds. Might have to do a June cruise. The Fantasy is very expensive.

Haha. I'm trying to look all of you up on Facebook right now but Robin is private and my phone won't let me find Brittany... I forget Ashlee's last name and not sure what bag it made it into . We are stopped in south Carolina due to a nasty traffic hold up on 95. We did 4.4 miles in over an hour. My kids were crying when we left the first time. Jayden misses Tyler sooo much! we can play with cruise dates but we really want another trip with everyone we had a blast.

I will do a trip update when I finally get settled at home. We had a wonderful time and the meet and greet were so much better than the second trip:). Loved meeting all of you and the gifts were awesome!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter