APRIL 2016 Rental Car Discount ~ Promo Code ~ Rate Watch

Just a heads up for those of you using Vegas Brazil: I checked in at the counter (my card wouldn't read at the self service kiosk) and was told that I wasn't authorized to use the code as it excluded US and Canadian residents. I think she looked closer at the reservation when she saw my rate because she said something about it being too low. After 30 minutes of arguing, I was able to get them to finally honor the rate, if I took the additional insurance. So, my $300 rental became $500+. Didn't know about online checkin though, so maybe that would have saved me...

Good luck!

Sorry to hear. This is why I'm doing the online check in so I don't have to do anything at the kiosk. Daughter used hers on Sunday and had no issues.

This makes me nervous. As others start to use the Vegas Brazil code, please post back here to let us know how it goes and how you checked in. My Costco discount is still about $70 more than my existing VB reservation. Hoping that gap closes so I can use Costco ultimately.

I agree, makes me nervous too. Not a good way to start a vacation.

Booked today using these codes too . awesome deal but I am nervous too.I have another car booked as a backup.does anyone know how what the latest is that you can cancel a reservation?

If everyone goes into it thinking bad things are going to happen then they probably will. I talked with a bunch of people who went in march and had NO PROBLEMS with any of the codes. I would just do the online check in and go straight there. Just because one person had a bad experience doesn't mean we all will. Let's think happy Disney thoughts!! :) :)

I've used a code and coupon with rental car companies on every trip we've gone to WDW and that's yearly, and have never had a problem and most times I wasn't "eligible" for the code. We are going in August and I have the Vegas Brazil with the $50 coupon booked. Already did online check in. I also have a backup booked at Dollar. If both fail we'll just hop on the Magical Express and enjoy our vacation.

This makes me nervous. As others start to use the Vegas Brazil code, please post back here to let us know how it goes and how you checked in. My Costco discount is still about $70 more than my existing VB reservation. Hoping that gap closes so I can use Costco ultimately.
Did you try using the Costco code with the $50 off code? The Costco offer on its own was not that great.

Did you try using the Costco code with the $50 off code? The Costco offer on its own was not that great.
I did use the Costco code plus the $50 off and it was still like $190 for 5 days for a full size vs. the Vegas Brazil with that coupon which I currently have reserved for $120. I will keep checking back but I am sticking with Vegas Brazil and doing online check in if I can't get Costco close to that price.

I agree, the costco price is slowly dropping. I'm not a costco member, so no card to show if asked, but I am a DVC member and that rate is only slightly higher than costco. Keep in mind that you actually don't have to put the Vegas code in to get the rate that folks are getting. It's the product code that seems to be generating the price. So you can actually put in any code, like insider, cosco, Visa, AP, DVC, etc. and if you put in TB1, it gets you the same price, but it doesn't say Vegas code on the reservation. Same for minivan folks. If you put in AS1 in the product code box, with your regular code, you can actually decline the CDW. This product code is slightly higher (about $10 more a week).

Keep in mind that you actually don't have to put the Vegas code in to get the rate that folks are getting. It's the product code that seems to be generating the price. So you can actually put in any code, like insider, cosco, Visa, AP, DVC, etc. and if you put in TB1, it gets you the same price, but it doesn't say Vegas code on the reservation.

Can you explain further? What is TB1 exactly? I just used the $50 off coupon, left the next line blank instead of putting in Vegas or Costco codes and used TB1 in the product code box and got almost the same price as using Vegas Brazil. Share more about what that code is, please. :)

I put in the TB1 code and my price was cheaper, but included the CDW which I do not want.

If you are nervous about using the VB code then try this: Coupon $50 off AD4004JDK and a Product ID of AS1. Then there is no mention of Vegas Brazil LLC, only Alamo insiders. I received the same price as the VB contract ID, no CDW and I got an additional driver included.

Last edited:
Can you explain further? What is TB1 exactly? I just used the $50 off coupon, left the next line blank instead of putting in Vegas or Costco codes and used TB1 in the product code box and got almost the same price as using Vegas Brazil. Share more about what that code is, please. :)

Whenever you got back to your reservation using the Vegas code, the product code listed is TB1. I decided to try it by itself and it works without Vegas code entered....crazy....

I put in the TB1 code and my price was cheaper, but included the CDW which I do not want.

If you are nervous about using the VB code then try this: Coupon $50 off AD4004JDK and a Product ID of AS1. Then there is no mention of Vegas Brazil LLC, only Alamo insiders. I received the same price as the VB contract ID, no CDW and I got an additional driver included.

Thank you! I was at $176 with VB/$50 coupon and these codes take me to $191, but I am totally comfortable with the 20$ difference ! One bummer though is that I don't get additional driver with it? Are others getting that? I have a mini van

Thank you! I was at $176 with VB/$50 coupon and these codes take me to $191, but I am totally comfortable with the 20$ difference ! One bummer though is that I don't get additional driver with it? Are others getting that? I have a mini van

I have been booking the Mid-Size SUV. So maybe it is because you are booking a van.

I not only used the online checkin, I also did the "skip the line" checkin at MCO. Picked up my car on Wednesday April 6th at 5pm. Didn't look at the paperwork till I was looking at my credit card on line and saw that I was charged $169 instead of the $111 that my printed skip the line "contract" called for. Yikes! As I've got a second week booked separately, I've canceled the second week and rebooked using the TB1 product code, signed into my "insiders" account and used the AD4004JDK. No contract code used, rates were a bit higher but not much.

As I needed a smaller car for the first part of the trip, I have 2 one week+ reservations, the first one ending at the same time as the second one begins. I'll be discussing my $59 dollar "overcharge" on Friday.

I not only used the online checkin, I also did the "skip the line" checkin at MCO. Picked up my car on Wednesday April 6th at 5pm. Didn't look at the paperwork till I was looking at my credit card on line and saw that I was charged $169 instead of the $111 that my printed skip the line "contract" called for. Yikes! As I've got a second week booked separately, I've canceled the second week and rebooked using the TB1 product code, signed into my "insiders" account and used the AD4004JDK. No contract code used, rates were a bit higher but not much.

I might be wrong, but I don't think you are billed until you drop the car off, is that a pending transaction? The difference between the contract and what is pending could be for an extra day or gas or whatever could cause your rate to be higher. Sort of like a hotel putting a pending on your bill for incidentals?

My card has already been charged. The car is not due back until next week. No extras, did not agree to pay for gas.

A week to go before I leave and it looks like the rental prices have leveled off. Absolutely no price movements in the last 3 days checking 5 times a day.

Has anyone actually used the AS1 code? I am having major problems with my Thrifty reservation and booked one through Alamo using AS1 and AD4004JDK. I just want to avoid any problems when I pick up the car. If I use the self service kiosk will hhe garage atte dent question me?

I just rebooked my minivan for nearly the same price as the vegas (TB1 or AS1) codes. This was with the standard regular codes. I can't use the costco code as I'm not a member, but did use my DVC member code and the $50 coupon AD4004JDK. Strangely the lower rate was offered if I picked up on the half hour, so it was higher if I picked up at 5:00PM, so changed it to 4:30PM and it dropped more. My flight is scheduled to arrive at 4:15PM. I know they give you a 30 minute grace time, but could've changed it to 5:30PM. So those booking a minivan might want to revisit. I paid $435 for a 15 day rental for a minivan as a DVC member. Had I been a costco member it would've been $412. I'm 3 weeks out today, picking up on April 30 @4:30PM and dropping off on May 15 @ noon.

Update: I just checked this afternoon and my rate dropped again. I'm now at $416 for a 15 day minivan rental. If I was a costco member the rate would be $394. I'm glad not to have to use the Vegas code which added the CDW to minivan renters. Actually the Vegas code along with the TB1 and AS1 product codes are higher than what I can get with my DVC code and $50 coupon. I also got the same rate using the Florida Code 7016220 if you need another code to try.....

And for the third time today, my rates just dropped AGAIN. Now I'm at $395 and the costco rate is $374. Crazy.....I've never had it drop so often in one day.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter