APRIL 2016 Rental Car Discount ~ Promo Code ~ Rate Watch

Anyone tell me about the vegas brazil code and the issue with having CDW? I have a standard van rental I booked with costco, but I was able to save about $250 for a mini van using the vegas brazil code. Am I taking any risk with the CDW? Thanks!

Anyone tell me about the vegas brazil code and the issue with having CDW? I have a standard van rental I booked with costco, but I was able to save about $250 for a mini van using the vegas brazil code. Am I taking any risk with the CDW? Thanks!

Here are a couple links to previous posts about the CDW.
In this one, the OP got a response back from the originator of the code. http://disboards.com/threads/april-...-code-rate-watch.3451585/page-8#post-55328421

In this one, the OP discussed their concern with CDW with their insurance carrier. http://disboards.com/threads/april-...-code-rate-watch.3451585/page-8#post-55329245

Midsize down this morning from $144 to $109 on Alamo with the Vegas Brazil code and the $35 coupon. This is for 4/18-4/25

WooHoo! Got another $20 off the rental 4/15 to 4/25 for an Alamo minivan. Deleted cookies, temporary internet files and history. Then checked the rates using the Vegas Brazil and the $35 coupon. Down to $265 for the 10 days. My goal is $250 or less.

Temptation, temptation...
Although I am happy with the 220.00 minivan rental for 7 days I got from Alamo (via costcotravel a few day ago), I just checked and I can get it for 172.00 using the Vegas Brazil code. Unfortunately all my quotes include CDW for the rental. Someone above asked about the risk. I called my credit card and they were clear to say I need to DECLINE CDW to be able to get their coverage in case of accident. You need to see if the risk is worth the price difference in your case.

Current different between the 2 prices is 48.00. I'll keep checking, 10 more days until my trip.

Temptation, temptation...
Although I am happy with the 220.00 minivan rental for 7 days I got from Alamo (via costcotravel a few day ago), I just checked and I can get it for 172.00 using the Vegas Brazil code. Unfortunately all my quotes include CDW for the rental. Someone above asked about the risk. I called my credit card and they were clear to say I need to DECLINE CDW to be able to get their coverage in case of accident. You need to see if the risk is worth the price difference in your case.

Current different between the 2 prices is 48.00. I'll keep checking, 10 more days until my trip.

if you have the car rental company's CDW INCLUDED for your rental you are able to use their coverage in case of damage.

if you DECLINE CDW you are responsible for any damage you incur.

WooHoo! Got another $20 off the rental 4/15 to 4/25 for an Alamo minivan. Deleted cookies, temporary internet files and history. Then checked the rates using the Vegas Brazil and the $35 coupon. Down to $265 for the 10 days. My goal is $250 or less.

We did this a few weeks ago and are paying $240.xx for a van, same dates. But we are renting from Ft. Myers.

Happy, dropped $40+ today I am still lower with the Southwest code and $35 coupon. I will keep checking the next couple of weeks but this is great!

if you have the car rental company's CDW INCLUDED for your rental you are able to use their coverage in case of damage.

if you DECLINE CDW you are responsible for any damage you incur.

I understand this.
Issue is, in case of an accident, companies will do everything not to pay for your damage.
This code is from an travel agency in Las Vegas. We don't know in reality if we are eligible.
Lots of people have used the code without issues, great. No one has had an accident with their car to share the experience. Working with insurance is tricky, they will do their best not to cover you.

If there was an option to decline CDW, I would use this without issues. For my car (minivan), on my dates, there's no option without CDW.

It's all about your comfort level.

AD3868JST $25
AD2338FDF $30
AD8183SDM $35

Do these require a Saturday overnight? I tried all three of them for my dates (4/3 - 4/8) and got this:

Return date conflict with coupon

Specific day of week overnight requirement missing for coupon

We’re sorry, but this Coupon is no longer available at this location.

I was just able to rebook with the $35 coupon code. I bet it includes a Saturday stay.

I'm glad I checked back in on this thread, I just saved $20 and went up a size!

Has anyone had any issues with the Alamo website today? I have tried all day and it comes up with an error several times. I cleared my history and cookies too.

The $35 off coupon does not require a Saturday night stay (I am booked Sunday to Saturday with it). However, these coupons may all require a weekly rate rather than a daily rate. HTH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter