April 2013 Car Rental Discount Thread

I just tried this code and it gave me the price of $3,300 for my rental :eek: I currently have one booked for $500!

WOW! I don't get this. My brother used it also for a trip to JAX right before Easter (granted it is at the end of March) and had the same experience I did.

I don't know if you guys seen the Compass Group code or not, but it's actually even cheaper than the KLM one, except it doesn't have insurance. Which is what I needed, so the KLM works out cheaper for me. If you guys don't need insurance, this one is probably one of the best ones.
Contract ID XZ53043
Company name is Compass Group.[/QUOTE]

Anyone know if you have to show anything to use this Compass Group code?

WOW! I don't get this. My brother used it also for a trip to JAX right before Easter (granted it is at the end of March) and had the same experience I did.

I have bad luck :goodvibes

Thanks for posting it though, it was worth a shot!

FYI, for anyone going into TPA or anyone who can go into TPA:

I just got a 14 day rental with Enterprise for about $240 for a Compact using the Costco website.

I have been watching MCO and TPA for rates, and this rate is by far the best I have seen. Previously, I was getting rates over $600 for TPA.

Just found this - have to pay with Visa:

This is for NATIONAL

Save up to 20% and receive a FREE weekend day when you rent a compact through full-size car in the United States and pay with your Visa® card. Requires a 3-day minimum/5-day maximum rental with a Saturday overnight keep.

To redeem this offer, request Contract ID 5027112 and Coupon Code NF5594ZDP.

Valid 01/01/2013 to 06/30/2013!!

For ALAMO:

Save up to 20% and receive $15 off when you rent any size car in the United States, Latin America and Caribbean and pay with your Visa® card. Requires a 3-day minimum rental with a Saturday overnight keep.

To redeem this offer, request ID 7015504 and Coupon Code AD7394SDJ.

Rates are so high this week with any code through any vendor. $500 for an economy car??? Seriously??? I hope they drop soon.

I am going to WDW with my granddaughter in April 18 to 22. The best I have been able to do is a mini van (same price as a full size car and more comfortable) at Dollar for $295. Has anyone done better and would you share?

Thanks

suevee said:
I am going to WDW with my granddaughter in April 18 to 22. The best I have been able to do is a mini van (same price as a full size car and more comfortable) at Dollar for $295. Has anyone done better and would you share?

Thanks

What code did you use?

Hi Everyone,

I have been able to get much lower rates using the old American Express code 5125601. It has beat the KLM code by a lot. The only thing it hasn't beat is the suspicious Unigraphics code which many people are concerned about using.

Good luck!:thumbsup2

This has by far gotten me the best rate for 4/4-4/7 (MCO). When I put in another code, I was told that I might have to present a coupon. However, nothing came up when entering this into the contract ID. Will I need to use an amex card? Will I need to show anything additional?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! This saved me at least $100... possibly more. :banana:

When I check out, on my confirmation it says: American Express Agency Family Pass
Will I need to show any "amex ID" to get this rate?

Kenny I used
BCD X474200

coupon MUPZ044

It was for Budget not Dollar

Suevee - I think the code/coupon posted above that you gave Kenny are for Budget, because I have a reservation with them.

You are right it was Budget...my Dollar one was to high...

For ALAMO:

Save up to 20% and receive $15 off when you rent any size car in the United States, Latin America and Caribbean and pay with your Visa® card. Requires a 3-day minimum rental with a Saturday overnight keep.

To redeem this offer, request ID 7015504 and Coupon Code AD7394SDJ.

Thanks for the Alamo code!

I can only use Alamo since I only have a debit card. A Visa Debit card which I'm pretty sure counts for this promotion.

Did you book with this and get a good deal?

Thanks for the Alamo code!

I can only use Alamo since I only have a debit card. A Visa Debit card which I'm pretty sure counts for this promotion.

Did you book with this and get a good deal?

If you hear more on if the Visa Debit can be used, can you post the information? We're in the same situation. If i find any more information, i'll post as well. Thanks!:thumbsup2

Any other Alamo Codes out there? :confused3

Just be aware that code MUPZ044 for Budget is an AARP discount ($40/weekly). I am unsure if they will require proof that you are a member, as I have never used that code, but just be aware.

Thanks Ethan - I am an AARP member, and heard of the coupon on their website.

Are there any coupons for National out yet? I need one for the end of April (30) and the rental is longer than 5 days. I know there's one for the shorter stay, but have not found one for a longer stay. I prefer National and have found the rates to stay high now than in the past. Even my last rental for January was about $100 higher than past Januarys, so every little extra off helps. My second choice is Alamo, but they are the same price as National. In the past the rates would get better as the date approached, but that doesn't seem to happen much anymore. I know we probably won't see anything decent until at least after Easter week. But I still check daily.

OK...what's the scoop on PayLess Car Rental @ MCO?
We've used a few different "big name" renters, but I don't know nuttin' 'bout PayLess. ;)

Any issues...they are significantly less for my rental period in late April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter