Apple Watch or magic band?

Rory607

DIS Veteran
Has anyone used their Apple Watch in place of magic band and preferred it? Normally, we would all just use magic bands, but now that they’re not free I’m thinking my H and I can just use our watches, but how does that work for the kids to scan into the parks and rides? And is it annoying to have to use the keycard to open the room door? I realize that sounds ridiculous since that’s how every other hotel works, I’m just so used to magic bands at WDW.

how does that work for the kids to scan into the parks and rides
The kids will need something (magic band, apple watch, key card) to scan into the parks and attractions for themselves. You cannot scan in for them using your apple watch.

I don't think it's annoying to use a keycard to open the door, just a matter of taking it out rather than having something on your wrist.

Also worth mentioning - you can unlock your door using the MDE app on your phone too (can be glitchy, but it does work)

The kids will need something (magic band, apple watch, key card) to scan into the parks and attractions for themselves. You cannot scan in for them using your apple watch.

I don't think it's annoying to use a keycard to open the door, just a matter of taking it out rather than having something on your wrist.

Also worth mentioning - you can unlock your door using the MDE app on your phone too (can be glitchy, but it does work)
This is helpful, thank you! So maybe I’ll just get the kids magic bands. We can always use theirs to unlock the door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter