Appetizer instead of Entree?

:sad2: unfortunately not, i would much rather have appetizer
than dessert, last year i was so sick of desserts i just ended up leavin them

Actually, you SHOULD be able to make this specific substitution. You will not get any break on the credit use, and you will likely not get a larger serving than the normal appetizer size.

Let's put it this way. It was stated by 'people who know' (aka more than one Disney server who posts here) that this is a valid substitution, back when the Dining Plan changed to eliminate the appetizer from the Basic DDP; and since that time, nobody has reported NOT being able to do it. Of course, I don't read the Dining Reports board, so I could easily have missed something...

I have seen reports where it's been permitted to order an appetizer in place of an ENTREE. It is never permitted to order one in place of a DESSERT. And the rules on the entree may be different in different restaurants - but if they let you do it, it's likely you will be able to order only one appetizer as your entree and the portion will be the same as the regular appetizer portion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter