Apparently it is stealing now to park at Springs to take a bus to the resorts?

I would have an issue with it if the DS garages were filling up due to this and Disney Springs visitors were having parking issues. But the only garage that usually ever fills up is Lime. I have never seen Orange full, and I rarely see any cars in Grapefruit except when it's super busy. Plus the two surface lots that I haven't parked in in over 4 years...

I perceive no ethical dilemma in parking at Disney Springs, then using their bus system to reach the Resorts. Parking @ DS is free. Bus transportation to the Resorts is free.
I truly don't think this procedure is frowned upon by Disney management.

Last edited:
Slowly but surely most pool gates had MB readers installed. If it became a big enough issue WDW could figure out a way to discourage use or at least get more advantage for themselves. Possibly by making people use their MDE account? They likely prefer not to discourage offsite guests during reasonable use, but when little to no money is actually spent they’d still get valuable data. Win win. But I don’t see this happening any time soon.

On the contrary, if they want to ban something, like selfie sticks or stroller wagons, they specifically ban them.
Even there they aren’t consistent…
I was amazed at the number of selfie sticks there were last week 😮 I had dutifully left mine at home— why bother to bring a banned item? [DLR is pretty strict about not letting them past security— I noticed they were tagging them and holding them for people last year if they couldn’t or wouldn’t return them to their car or hotel room]

As for stroller wagons, I saw that they were on the ‘not allowed’ list, and was a little frustrated… I had bought a decent one that was comfortable for older kids because I thought my granddaughter (5 y.o. & has sensory issues) would benefit from what could essentially be a “quiet(ish) room” since it had a shade cover that could basically be a ceiling. With her earmuffs, she could retreat into the darker, then-quieter space if she got overwhelmed. But when I saw them listed as a banned item, I returned the stroller. I only bought it to use for this trip, since they rarely go anywhere so stimulating. I had figured I’d hold onto it for future grandkids… but if we couldn’t use it now, why keep it? I’ll get a newer one when the time comes.
So imagine my surprise when I get there and there are stroller wagons everywhere!! I was more than a little perturbed 😏. We ended up using a rental stroller and a beach towel to create a cocoon, which she really only needed a couple times… but the wagon would certainly have been more comfortable so she might have used it to self-calm before she had any near-meltdowns, the same way she crawls into her “safety tent” @ home (a name she came up with on her own, btw).

Anyway… it would be nice if they had consistently enforced policies. If Disney is gonna bother to publish rules, they really ought to follow them . :confused3

Even there they aren’t consistent…
I was amazed at the number of selfie sticks there were last week 😮 I had dutifully left mine at home— why bother to bring a banned item? [DLR is pretty strict about not letting them past security— I noticed they were tagging them and holding them for people last year if they couldn’t or wouldn’t return them to their car or hotel room]

As for stroller wagons, I saw that they were on the ‘not allowed’ list, and was a little frustrated… I had bought a decent one that was comfortable for older kids because I thought my granddaughter (5 y.o. & has sensory issues) would benefit from what could essentially be a “quiet(ish) room” since it had a shade cover that could basically be a ceiling. With her earmuffs, she could retreat into the darker, then-quieter space if she got overwhelmed. But when I saw them listed as a banned item, I returned the stroller. I only bought it to use for this trip, since they rarely go anywhere so stimulating. I had figured I’d hold onto it for future grandkids… but if we couldn’t use it now, why keep it? I’ll get a newer one when the time comes.
So imagine my surprise when I get there and there are stroller wagons everywhere!! I was more than a little perturbed 😏. We ended up using a rental stroller and a beach towel to create a cocoon, which she really only needed a couple times… but the wagon would certainly have been more comfortable so she might have used it to self-calm before she had any near-meltdowns, the same way she crawls into her “safety tent” @ home (a name she came up with on her own, btw).

Anyway… it would be nice if they had consistently enforced policies. If Disney is gonna bother to publish rules, they really ought to follow them . :confused3
The thing with selfie sticks is they have to come up on the bag scan reader. If they don't, there's no way for them to find them now that they switched from manual bag checks of all bags. So it's not like they "let" them through. I have witnessed CM remove them from guests using them in the parks but that is where things get inconsistent. CM do seem to be wary of confronting guests directly. Not that I can blame them. People are unpredictable. Taking a risk of goodness knows what by approaching some guests

As to the wagons, Is that not a size thing more than anything? If they fit the max dimensions set they can be used, right? Be it a stroller or a wagon? I'll admit I've not kept up with the new rule specifics since it came out after our stroller days. I just recall a talk about measurements.

I wonder if they will ever go back to using Disney transportation for only resort guest?
They ENCOURAGE it's use by non-resort guests
They want people to hop, since that means SELLING hoppers. Costs them nothing, makes them everything. Why make it harder to use, meaning fewer want to purchase something that is 100% profit? It's already reduced with the 2PM crap. Remove transportation and you've got fewer users even lower profits. If there's one thing they like it's profit.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/transportation/public-complimentary-transportation

Sometimes gimbals are confused with selfie sticks. Gimbals are allowed as long as they don't extend. That's not to say there are no selfie sticks that get through, just that I know when we were there a couple of months ago I did see a lot of gimbals and not many true selfie sticks.

I commented on someone’s post in a Disney Facebook group, who was asking how to park at a Disney resort, so they could eat at a quick service and ride the Skyliner.

Since they don’t let you park at resorts anymore unless you have a dining reservation, I suggested that they park at Springs, and take a bus over. One of the moderators in the group, deleted my comment and messaged me to tell me that “that’s stealing” and I would be removed from the group. The moderator told the OP that they should pay to park at the parks, and then bus to the resorts.

This seems absolutely insane to me. What do y’all think?
That’s stupid. The moderator is incorrect. But that’s FB for ya.

Sometimes gimbals are confused with selfie sticks. Gimbals are allowed as long as they don't extend. That's not to say there are no selfie sticks that get through, just that I know when we were there a couple of months ago I did see a lot of gimbals and not many true selfie sticks.
If they were gimbals, then there were several *really* long ones… I saw one stick that I out-loud commented, “that selfie stick is long enough to measure kids for the “big” roller coasters”. It was noticeably longer than the guy’s arm— and he wasn’t a small dude… definitely over 6’2”, because I could see that he was taller than DS when we walked by. I honestly didn’t look closely enough to see if the stick itself was extendable/telescoping. But unless they were also using it as a walking stick, I think it would have to have been. Most were at least 24” long.
[I swear, the guy with the ultra-long stick… that phone was so far away, those people are gonna be barely recognizable. Its gotta look about the same as taking the pic from across the street, just with a different angle. I guess at least no one walked between them and the camera, but man…. it seems like it kinda defeats the purpose of the selfie if it looks like someone else took the photo from afar.]

Even fully extended mine is less than 18”, including the phone. Left telescoped in, it is ~7-8”, plus the phone mount… so maybe ~10-11” total if the phone is sideways (landscape). Just perfect for most shots actually. Occasionally, even that is too much so I have to pull my arm in to get it just right… which always makes my shoulder look odd in the photo.

I thought several times on this trip how neat it could’ve been to let my DGD use my selfie stick to take some cool selfies from her lower perspective. A “castle shot” selfie especially might’ve looked so awesome from that angle. Just being able to click the button with her thumb would’ve made it super simple for her... because of how small her hands are, she has a hard time holding the phone and reaching the button on the screen at the same time. Heck, *I* have a hard time doing it too.

I'm waiting for a poster to propose that WDW start charging for their buses, boats, monorails, and Skyliner, since (a) that's something that don't already charge for and (b) I've noticed a trend on the DIS of posters encouraging WDW to charge for things and/or charge more for things.

It seems weird to me since the DIS has been, in the past, anyway, the place to come to find out how to save money on a WDW vacation.
Posters are predicting a charge for transportation, for the most part not encouraging it. Probably as a daily resort fee.

I wonder if they will ever go back to using Disney transportation for only resort guest?
Could you clarify? In my experience Disney transportation has always been free for anyone. I remember staying at POFQ in 1999 and, not knowing what the rules were, I showed my room ticket when I got on the bus and the bus driver told me it was unnecessary. Perhaps before then you had to show something?

Could you clarify? In my experience Disney transportation has always been free for anyone. I remember staying at POFQ in 1999 and, not knowing what the rules were, I showed my room ticket when I got on the bus and the bus driver told me it was unnecessary. Perhaps before then you had to show something?
I can remember in the 80s and 90s having to show you I D card to get on the resort monorail, and resort buses…..

I commented on someone’s post in a Disney Facebook group, who was asking how to park at a Disney resort, so they could eat at a quick service and ride the Skyliner.

Since they don’t let you park at resorts anymore unless you have a dining reservation, I suggested that they park at Springs, and take a bus over. One of the moderators in the group, deleted my comment and messaged me to tell me that “that’s stealing” and I would be removed from the group. The moderator told the OP that they should pay to park at the parks, and then bus to the resorts.

This seems absolutely insane to me. What do y’all think?
You were 100% correct. This is not a loophole. Disney allows this. If they didn't want to allow or support folks visiting resorts to spend money then they could go back to the days of only hotel guests could use Disney transportation.

PS I would be leaving a group that the moderators are giving false information.

Wasn't there complaints of the buses at SSR always being so busy because of this?
Why would there be? The person is trying to get to a RESORT and therefore would get on a resort bus at Disney Springs. Going to SSR wouldn't get them where they are going and would take them longer.

You had to show your Transportation Ticket to the bus driver to enter the bus. Only hotel guests got these. I still have mine (from POR early 90's)). Now it would be very easy, make them scan their MB or Room Key.

To me, free parking @ Disney Springs to shop/eat is really no different then parking there to take a Disney bus to shop/eat at one of the resorts. What Disney wants to discourage is 'gaming' of the parking fees at the 4 parks. They don't want the free parking @ DS to be full from people wanting to avoid paying to park when going all day to one of the 4 parks.

To me, free parking @ Disney Springs to shop/eat is really no different then parking there to take a Disney bus to shop/eat at one of the resorts. What Disney wants to discourage is 'gaming' of the parking fees at the 4 parks. They don't want the free parking @ DS to be full from people wanting to avoid paying to park when going all day to one of the 4 parks.
And even though the bolded is true, they don't prevent anyone from doing that. It is totally "legal" to park at DS and go to a park for the day. It is not easy logistically and takes a lot of time, but it is allowed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter