• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
JUST SAVED $495 with APH rate!!! We are booked in two rooms for two nights at RPR in the middle of March. It will be our very first time at Universal and we are excited :love:
However, we do not have annual passes yet. We have purchased one 3 day ticket through Universal, and the rest of the family have their 3 day tickets through Undercover Tourist.
I was wondering if only one of us has to upgrade to the Seasonal Pass to get the discount for BOTH rooms??
I would imagine that upgrading the ticket bought from Universal would be the easiest
If we need two Seasonal passes, can a ticket from Undercover Tourist be upgraded, and if so, would it cost more since it was bought from a 3rd party?
Any info would be much appreciated.

Two rooms booked and two AP needed to keep the AP rate

UT tickets are valid to upgrade
Do that once you are in the parks

You need to show your AP at the hotel desk once you have them

UT can save some money

I see the prices for my dates have dropped $10 since last i checked, how smart is it to wait and hope for it to drop even further. Im looking at rooms for a stay in 5 weeks.

Also, i assume the cheapest annual pass will suffice?

If you see a price that you can live with, book then

After you book, you can always call and have your rate modified to the new price that is listed

Only catch is they must have open rooms to do the rate change

Standard rooms may be sold out but water views may not

I see the prices for my dates have dropped $10 since last i checked, how smart is it to wait and hope for it to drop even further. Im looking at rooms for a stay in 5 weeks.

Also, i assume the cheapest annual pass will suffice?

I changed my reservation twice to reflect APH discounts. Go for the $10 cheaper, then if it drops more, change it again! Sometimes different room categories open up. I was booked at CBBR for this past Nov, first they added AP rates but only for pool view rooms, so I switched to that, then they opened the AP rate for standard rooms, so I changed again.

And yes, I only have a seasonal pass. Be careful though, if you are going Mardi Gras times when they have Saturday concerts, you can't get into the concert park with the seasonal pass that day.

The APH rate is available if I add a sunday night to my reservation for HRH but if I drop that night, it shows the APH rate for those 1st 2 nights is no longer available. If I book the three nights and call to drop the night I don't need will I still keep the APH rate for those first 2 nights?

The APH rate is available if I add a sunday night to my reservation for HRH but if I drop that night, it shows the APH rate for those 1st 2 nights is no longer available. If I book the three nights and call to drop the night I don't need will I still keep the APH rate for those first 2 nights?

Most likely not. I have noticed that Universal resorts are very strict about adding/dropping nights and allowing you to keep the original rate. Trust me, I feel your pain . . . it has affected me before.

Ugh! Okay, thought I might of found a work around but it looks like I am locked in to the high spring break rates. Frustrating. I am really trying to stay positive about our first trip to Universal but it just seems so much more expensive than WDW to me.

Never hurts to call but likely not

Can't say I've seen the APH rate segue out that way for dates I've booked

Often they do have minimum stays just to be able to book a room during popular weekends

Never hurts to call but likely not

Can't say I've seen the APH rate segue out that way for dates I've booked

Often they do have minimum stays just to be able to book a room during popular weekends
Yes, I may just try. If the rate bumps back up I can cancel. What's crazy is it is available as a Friday night rate, a Friday-Sun Rate, just not a Fri-Sat rate. I could book Friday alone at the APH rate ($304) then make a separate reservation for Saturday at the normal rate ($489). The savings still makes up for what I spend on getting one of us an AP. My guess is they may not be nice about combining the reservations though.

We just booked a trip in a courtyard family suite for mid May. The APH rate at Cabana Bay is higher than the Stay More Save More rate. And because I'm Canadian I checked on Expedia.ca and it was even a little bit cheaper there, and I could go through Ebates for 8% back so that's another $120 there. I'll keep checking AP rates but I suspect they aren't going to get much better now.

Last edited:
Yes, I may just try. If the rate bumps back up I can cancel. What's crazy is it is available as a Friday night rate, a Friday-Sun Rate, just not a Fri-Sat rate. I could book Friday alone at the APH rate ($304) then make a separate reservation for Saturday at the normal rate ($489). The savings still makes up for what I spend on getting one of us an AP. My guess is they may not be nice about combining the reservations though.

Sounds like Saturday has already been booked to whatever proprietary % they use to pull the discount for a one or 2 night stay.

People have posted here they have requested consecutive reservations be linked and had no issue other than needing to visit the front desk and re-register.

Would think it all depends on the type of room as to popularity and # of units I.e. Less suites, better chance you might have to move.

Honestly, it doesn't behoove them to work with you to make it happen though. Would only book it the way you describe if willing to move the 2nd night.

Still some time, keep checking.!

When I booked, I debated 1-2 nights and chose 1 night at RPR early april...of course now can't get 2 nights...any chance another night will open up? At least I got the 1 night...Thanks.

We are going the first week of October. If I book a room only now can I apply the ap rate when released or should I just wait until it's released before I book? Thank you!

We are going the first week of October. If I book a room only now can I apply the ap rate when released or should I just wait until it's released before I book? Thank you!
You can book now and add the APH rate when they get released. That's what we did for our trip in May.

You can book now and add the APH rate when they get released. That's what we did for our trip in May.

Did you book directly through Universal or through a third party? We're booked through Southwest to get the points, but I noticed that my card was charged by Loewes.

Just back from PBH. Beautiful hotel!!! And I saw a lot of it, since my mother got the Norovirus the second day we were there and spent the rest of the vacation in bed. 1.5 park days total. I got sick the night we came home (hard to avoid when you're stuck in a petri dish hotel room with a sick person), but at least it waited until I was in my own house. I spent most of the trip reading by the bay and watching everyone going to and from the parks, which was depressing. But the grounds were so quiet and relaxing with everyone being gone during the day.
If I could score another room at the APH rate we paid I'd definitely choose it over RPR.

Oh, and no one at the hotel ever asked to see the annual pass.

Did you book directly through Universal or through a third party? We're booked through Southwest to get the points, but I noticed that my card was charged by Loewes.

I booked directly through Universal website

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter