AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I just got a call to purchase new passes. She told me she couldn't take my gift card over the phone and that I can't apply unused tickets towards the purchase. I
Were the unused tickets you bought from Disney or 3rd party? They let me use the Disney bought tickets toward new AP, but not the wholesalers. Usually they do that on property. I always got the feeling they don't have information about the wholesale tickets till they actually see them. Could be wrong.

I plan to go to Guest Relations at Disney Springs to see what they can do.

Were the unused tickets you bought from Disney or 3rd party? They let me use the Disney bought tickets toward new AP, but not the wholesalers. Usually they do that on property. I always got the feeling they don't have information about the wholesale tickets till they actually see them. Could be wrong.

I plan to go to Guest Relations at Disney Springs to see what they can do.

They are vouchers directly from Disney. I'm going to Disney Springs this weekend to give it a try.

I called on Aug 9th and asked for a refund on 5 of our 6 AP's. The CM said we should receive our refund end of Sept. Have not heard anything from Disney.

The one AP I didn't return was my oldest dd. She thought she'd have a December trip but it has since fallen through. Can I still request a refund for her AP?

Called again yesterday on my missing refund. (Cancelled out of state AP last week of July, upgraded park hopper ticket middle of Dec 2019, CC used still active) Waited an hour and finally got a CM, waited another 45 min as he was waiting on the escalation team and I got disconnected. Called back, waited another hour for another CM, there were of course no notes on the file, so placed back on hold for another 55 minutes while she got in touch with escalation team. Finally was told that escalation team will reach back out to my credit card company and try to send the refund again as apparently it was "rejected". (so if it was originally rejected, why didn't Disney mail me a check?) She said, if it's rejected again, then they will mail out a check. I have to call back in 7-10 business days as that is how long the process takes to determine if it worked or not. So some more answers but again this is the fourth or fifth different answer I've gotten on my refund so who knows. I should be getting back around $900 and every bit of that is needed.

I emailed again to inquire on our refund. We requested the refund for our 4 Out of State Platinum APs in August before the deadline. They disappeared ages ago from MDE, but no sign of a refund. I emailed and got a generic response back on 10/16. I waited and decided to reply to that email today to request further information. It's going to be November and this is beyond ridiculous. I actually wanted to pause our passes or have them extended into next year rather than get a refund, but we were told that was NOT an option. Seems like it would have been a better option and then they wouldn't have had to work so hard on refunds. I have been very patient throughout this process, but this situation has been handled so poorly.

Called again yesterday on my missing refund. (Cancelled out of state AP last week of July, upgraded park hopper ticket middle of Dec 2019, CC used still active) Waited an hour and finally got a CM, waited another 45 min as he was waiting on the escalation team and I got disconnected. Called back, waited another hour for another CM, there were of course no notes on the file, so placed back on hold for another 55 minutes while she got in touch with escalation team. Finally was told that escalation team will reach back out to my credit card company and try to send the refund again as apparently it was "rejected". (so if it was originally rejected, why didn't Disney mail me a check?) She said, if it's rejected again, then they will mail out a check. I have to call back in 7-10 business days as that is how long the process takes to determine if it worked or not. So some more answers but again this is the fourth or fifth different answer I've gotten on my refund so who knows. I should be getting back around $900 and every bit of that is needed.
OMG, nearly 3 HOURS yesterday alone! I just can't believe the utter lack of customer service that still continues on this mess!

Just wanted to give a quick update, we have been Out of State APs since 2017. Cancelled Aug 11th. Received our refund end of September. Decided we regretted that decision, booked hotels for January and April of 2021. I've called multiple times about repurchasing our APs, being told "there's no such list" and "WDW has not resumed the sales of APs."
Finally took the advice from some lovely posters in here and decided to try one more time yesterday, called the VIPassholder line, waited on hold for about 25 minutes, explained I was eligible for the waiting list to repurchase our passes, he placed me on hold for about another 25 minutes, returned, and let me know I was correct, confirmed my information, and advised me I would be receiving a phone call in about 7 business days (but probably longer, which I expected) to provide my CC details and purchase new passes.

So thank you to those who helped! Now we wait!

Why is it up to the customer to call and move these things along?

It's so incredibly sad.

If there's anyone out there that like me, makes payments on their AP and was looking for an email about the updated contract but didn't get one. And you called and were told everything was fine, you're not getting an email because your last payment was during the closure period and you don't owe anything. . .
Call and see if they have your email on your actual contract. They probably don't.
I received a paper version of the contract change in the mail today (complete with "click here to consent to use of electronic signature on the paper.) that had to be returned no later than 11/1 (anyone have any confidence in the postal service getting a letter to Orlando in 3 days? I sure don't)
So I called to see if I could get this done over the phone or electronically, and eventually was directed to the web page where all I have to do is enter my contract number and my email address to get this done. And it didn't work. To make a long story slightly shorter- eventually, the 3rd CM I was sent to in this odyssey noticed there was no email listed on my contract.
Now HOW CAN THIS BE? I get dozens of passholder emails from Disney. I HAD TO GIVE YOU MY EMAIL TO LOOK UP MY PASS. Yes, your email is listed on your MDE, it's listed on your pass, but it's NOT LISTED ON YOUR CONTRACT. Apparently if you renewed your ticket at a ticket window or at guest relations, there's a chance they didn't enter your email.
So, I ask, defeated, "can we add an email?" sure, it'll take anywhere from 24-48 hours to go thru. So hopefully that happens. In the meantime, I'm going to sign the paper and send it off today. In any case what a MESS.

I canceled on July 30th and still no refund. I am expecting $900+ back on my pass. Sure would be nice to have that right now. Think I may poke them and see what information I can find.

Glad to know we're not the only ones who haven't gotten our refund yet. Cancelled by email 8/9 (DVC gold passes), for all but DD16 who we never got an email for...I was hoping she was attached to 1 of the 3 adults in the family...oh well...our passes are off MDE and hers is still there. (Wasn't worth my time to go the phone route, especially after reading how long everyone has been on hold/on the calls)

Luckily for us, any amount we get back will be a bonus. We managed to use the passes for 2 trips and thanks to the extension, were able to use it 4 days past the original expiration date. 2-3 of us would have gotten a 3rd trip out of the pass...but that trip would have been in April. No idea how much we will get back..if anything. I feel bad for everyone still waiting, especially anyone who tried to cancel early and had lots of time left on their passes.

I also got my call back 2 days ago. I originally called on 10/11 so it took 16 days. The CM said they were swamped as only a select number of agents can process these transactions. I was able to purchase 2 DVC Gold passes for $719 each (about $766 with the tax).

Meanwhile, at universal, i went to guest relations to check my options cause i have a 3 park pass and VB is closing for 3 months, i was explained what i could do and i decided to go with the extension so my ap is now valid through the end of January 2022

These delays are becoming increasingly suspicious ...If it was a smaller company, you would think this is to help address cash flow issues.
Perhaps for the refunds.....
I would think that they would want to process the new purchases as quickly as possible to put more funds in the coffer.

Meanwhile, at universal, i went to guest relations to check my options cause i have a 3 park pass and VB is closing for 3 months, i was explained what i could do and i decided to go with the extension so my ap is now valid through the end of January 2022

You've got to hand it to Universal - they have been proactive from the start in offering alternative perks to passholders when the current situation doesn't allow the original perks. I told my kids that Universal will be getting our future AP $ when we feel safe traveling.

We purchased our APs through Sam's Club, so they were activated from a voucher on 8/17/2019. I called on 06/18/2020 to request the partial refunds for the time the parks were closed for my and my husband's out of state APs. Sometime within a week of that call our APs were extended for the closure period, through 1/11/2021. Called back in mid August to see when the refund would go through, they said they didn't have any info, but it was noted on our account that we requested the partial refunds.

After waiting for 5 months, stalking the mail daily, and reading several reports of people receiving partial refunds from Sam's Club vouchers, I decided to call this past Wednesday. I was on hold with the VIPassholder line for about 25 minutes before speaking with a CM. I told him that I requested the partial refunds and was looking for an update since I hadn't received anything in the mail. I was then put on hold for another 15 minutes while he spoke with the escalation team. When the CM got back on the line he said they were going to override the system and send us checks. He had me confirm our mailing address, and then put me on hold again to provide the team with that info.

Once he was back on the phone with me, I asked if we were still able to renew our APs since we were past the 30 day deadline (our new renewal date would have been 9/17/2020 after the 1 month extension). He stated that we weren't in our renewal window, that our passes were good through 1/11/2021. I then said, well now that we're getting the partial refund, we won't get the extension. And he said that the system had processed the extension, there was nothing they could do about it, so we would be getting the extension and the partial refund.

I am holding my breath at this point to see if our APs will either disappear or revert to original expiration date. Still stalking the mail for the checks, but since I just called, I don't expect to see them for another couple of weeks. The CM didn't provide any info on when they would be mailed or the amount that they would be, and I was caught off guard about getting the extension and the partial refund that I didn't think to ask. So we'll see what happens!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!